Stuck on Sim PostStart

Focha

On 3/22/2024 at 8:29 AM, islapaisano said:

I added Truman into the mission and it locked up. I deleted Truman and it loaded normally.  I added Stennis into the mission and it locked up. Deleted Stennis and it loaded normally again.

post your MIZ file as @Flappie asked. then we all can try it.

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

I added a Nimitz carrier but the problem did not occur (I'm using Release version).

@islapaisano i added TR and did not have any problems. went straight in with no delays.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

23 hours ago, Flappie said:

I added a Nimitz carrier but the problem did not occur (I'm using Release version).

22 hours ago, silverdevil said:

@islapaisano i added TR and did not have any problems. went straight in with no delays.

Hmmn. I running Ver 2.9.3.51704...could that make a difference? Also, I added a Russian carrier and it worked ok....

55 minutes ago, islapaisano said:

Hmmn. I running Ver 2.9.3.51704...could that make a difference? Also, I added a Russian carrier and it worked ok....

you have the latest version. so that is likely not the problem. i did notice that from your log, you have 32 GB RAM and a low pagefile. you should up your pagefile to 32 GB.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

you have the latest version. so that is likely not the problem. i did notice that from your log, you have 32 GB RAM and a low pagefile. you should up your pagefile to 32 GB.

Where did you see 32GB RAM ??  I actually have 128GB...

Should I up my pagefile to 128GB ?

18 minutes ago, islapaisano said:

Where did you see 32GB RAM ??  I actually have 128GB...

Should I up my pagefile to 128GB ?

oh lol sorry. i was looking at a log for someone else. if you have 128 then no need. i too have 128 but still have a 32 pagefile.

can you share a log from when the mission gets stuck?

21 hours ago, silverdevil said:

oh lol sorry. i was looking at a log for someone else. if you have 128 then no need. i too have 128 but still have a 32 pagefile.

can you share a log from when the mission gets stuck?

I'll see if I can post one later today...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Flappie said:

A fix is part of today's udpate.

Can you please all confirm this issue is fixed for good?

Tested 2 missions that previously won´t start and so far so good. I´ll keep testing in the upcoming days, if something changes i´ll leave feedback.

Thank you Flappie.

F.

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:14 AM, silverdevil said:

Well, at the bottom of the linked page it says that increasing your page file can slow your system down but it can help in some cases as a bandaid... 😕  in a system with 128 gigs.

5 hours ago, oldcrusty said:

Well, at the bottom of the linked page it says that increasing your page file can slow your system down but it can help in some cases as a bandaid... 😕  in a system with 128 gigs.

most definitely. the best choice is to get as much physical RAM as possible. when i bought this system, during COVID, i maxed everything. i was saving at least $1000 a year in gas working from home. 😛