wjmzwx
Go to solution Solved by Hobel,

• Solution
vor 9 Minuten schrieb wjmzwx:

FCR may lock targets which have already been destroyed. Is that a normal behavior? 

I killed wreckages  over and over again today. 

That is normal.
How is the FCR supposed to know whether a vehicle has been destroyed?
Pay attention to the green X that appears on which targets you have already shot a Missle to avoid double shots, if you want to be sure if a target has been destroyed you have to visually  see it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wjmzwx said:

FCR may lock targets which have already been destroyed. Is that a normal behavior? 

I killed wreckages  over and over again today. 

Yes it's normal. The FCR basically searches for big chunks of metal, and tries to classify them based on the radar return. A destroyed tank is still a big chunk of metal that has about the same shape as a non destroyed one, the radar has no way to know if it's destroyed or not.

Pretty happy that ED included that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

刚才,Mad_Shell说:

Yes it's normal. The FCR basically searches for big chunks of metal, and tries to classify them based on the radar return. A destroyed tank is still a big chunk of metal that has about the same shape as a non destroyed one, the radar has no way to know if it's destroyed or not.

Pretty happy that ED included that.

Cool!  Thx!

2分钟前,Hobel说:

That is normal.
Pay attention to the green X that appears on which targets you have already shot a Missle to avoid double shots, if you want to be sure if a target has been destroyed you have to visually  see it

! THX! REALLY HELPFUL!

Guys may I ask what method do You use to switch between the FCR contacts and classify visually them on TADS?

Using NTR to swtich between them on FCR, then switching to TADS and selecting FCR as ACQ to slave TADS to contact doesn't seems to be the optimal way of doing it, and so far this is the only way I could manage it.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

All right, we're polishing then what is currently available.

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

1 hour ago, Hobel said:

That is normal.

I don't know, but it does anyway.
(How else would it change target after a kill?)
One just have to wait until it changes state from damaged to destroyed.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

34 minutes ago, Moxica said:

I don't know, but it does anyway.
(How else would it change target after a kill?)
One just have to wait until it changes state from damaged to destroyed.

It doesn't change after a kill, it changes after a launch of a missile.  It shows the "X" on the target immediately after launch and moves to the next target.

The SHOT page is related to the targets you have fired on, but we haven't seen a video on that yet.

52 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

It doesn't change after a kill, it changes after a launch of a missile.  It shows the "X" on the target immediately after launch and moves to the next target.

The SHOT page is related to the targets you have fired on, but we haven't seen a video on that yet.

Do one more scan..

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

2 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Guys may I ask what method do You use to switch between the FCR contacts and classify visually them on TADS?

Using NTR to swtich between them on FCR, then switching to TADS and selecting FCR as ACQ to slave TADS to contact doesn't seems to be the optimal way of doing it, and so far this is the only way I could manage it.

I scan then drop down.

Go to tsd then set up WP/Target points.

You can also caq the stored returns and slave to TADS.

How's that for a reply with acronyms !

Obviously this is temporary until we can get the returns linked in 6 months or so time 😉

I like it this way as it's more of a challenge.

Edited by MrReynolds

7 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:

Go to tsd then set up WP/Target points.

You like it the hard way, that's apparent from above, as there's already in FCR screen, on the left, place where You can see all targets that was found by FCR, and You can pass them to the TG points with one click. Then it's just matter of selecting one from the list and ACQing it with TADS slaved. 😄

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

1 hour ago, hotrod525 said:

no but you can save your targets with the TGT Tab and then slave your TADS using COORDS TGTs'

Single TGT doesn't work but ALL do. Or do you have to click with the cursor ?

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

27 minutes ago, Zarma said:

Single TGT doesn't work but ALL do. Or do you have to click with the cursor ?

Yeah i'll be more specific :

With FCR "On" :

Press TGT button on the left of the FCR screen;

With the cursor, select your radar contact (IIRC you have to click on it);

This will generate TGT on the right side of the screen, T01, T02, etc;

That being done; using ACQ fonction (no matter the page your on), go to COORDS -> TGT, there will be the list of your radar contacts.

You can now slew the TADS (when made sight) to the ACQ wich would be a radar contact. This work perfectly fine against stationnary contact, i doubt it would work as efficiently on a moving target as the grid would have obviously change.

If you go in the "SHOTS" tab, there will be an icon, a time and a grid of whatever you engaged, i havent figure out if its the aircraft location as it says "OWN" or if its the actual target location and the "OWN" meaning my ship was the one to engage (assuming i can share my data with my flight that would make sens)

That's all i know so far, it's a nice workaround till C-Scope and LINK 🙂

Edited by hotrod525
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

You like it the hard way, that's apparent from above, as there's already in FCR screen, on the left, place where You can see all targets that was found by FCR, and You can pass them to the TG points with one click. Then it's just matter of selecting one from the list and ACQing it with TADS slaved. 😄

I never knew that.  This is the way. Thanks.

When I say I like it the hard way (!!) I mean I don't want to blindly ripple radar missiles.  All's good, thanks again 👍

Edited by MrReynolds
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Hobel said:

Hmmm. I suspect what you mean but I would have to check that myself, but if it turns out to be such, it would be more of a bug

Note: Today I experienced pounding dead targets, and ignoring live ones.
Bad prioritization, as the live ones where SAM and BTR-80, and I was pounding a truck. A dead truck.
Three missiles went and found no targets; hitting ground left and short of any targets.

Edited by Moxica

• ED Team

I think there are some misconceptions regarding what the FCR is and what it is not. As Wags stated in his first FCR video, the FCR drastically speeds up the target acquisition, classification, and prioritization process, rather than relying on the TADS optics alone.

The FCR and the TADS are both sensors for targeting, but they each have their own limitations in how they can do so. The TADS can tell you precisely what a target is, but it can only view the battlefield through a very narrow aperture; and under some conditions may not detect a legitmate target that is cold (when using FLIR) or if it blends into the background (when using DTV).

The FCR on the other hand can scan a large area of the battlefield extremely quickly looking for vehicles of military significance, which can be detected using radar, regardless of whether it is emitting heat or if it is hidden within the background from camouflage or lighting contrast. But the FCR cannot tell you what the target is, but it can classify the type and quickly prioritize what is out there, which allows the narrow aperture of the TADS optics to rapidly to be focused at the relevant targets very quickly.

But if you just see a hot object in the FLIR, it may be an enemy vehicle, it may be a friendly vehicle, it may be a destroyed vehicle. Nothing is stopping you from putting a missile (or a second or third) into it. The same thing is the case with the FCR, except the FCR is seeing a radar reflective object instead of a hot object.

You can certainly blindly fire missiles at targets detected by the FCR, but that wasn't what the FCR was solely meant to do, unless one isn't concerned with depleting scores of missiles not knowing whether they are having the desired effect on the battlefield. It is no different than shooting a missile from an F-16 into another plane. The radar may then be tracking the target in a steep dive, but is it a falling piece of wreckage or is the enemy pilot evading in a dive to lower altitude? It doesn't know, so the pilot must use discretion to decide what the next action should be.

• Like 9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Is this normal. Been messing around in custom missions and online. After destroying targets VIA FCR data its still showing contacts. I rescanned and I am still getting fresh pings. Is this normal behavour if so how does one go about ignoring them or telling whats active?

Edited by Lorry

• Lorry changed the title to FCR still receiving contacts from destroyed targets ?
2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

But if you just see a hot object in the FLIR, it may be an enemy vehicle, it may be a friendly vehicle, it may be a destroyed vehicle.

Did I missed something or it's still not possible to lock visually on dead contacts?

Natural Born Kamikaze