Link16 Don't work when starting cold

dutchili

Confimed this is an issue both for MP (tested on both SDCS and DDCS) and Single Player on both Stored and Normal alignment.  However cycling the GPS time off and on which takes a second on the DED page then enables DL - weird - @BIGNEWY@NineLine can we add this to a possible Hotfix please ?

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
typo!
  • Like 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• ED Team

This issue is now reported to the team, I can not promise it will be in any hotfix at this time

thank you

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Somehow, in the most recent update, the DL in the Viper is completely broken. Even tried connecting two vipers with no luck. Only thing that shows on HSD is SAM threat rings.
Just FYI, I believe it's already reported and there's a workaround:
https://forum.dcs.world/index.php?/topic/340172-Link16-Don't-work-when-starting-cold#entry5350328

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

On 12/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, dutchili said:

Only after setting list/dlink/gps time to OFF and then ON again i can see 'some' units, but not all, including the Awacs itself.

Both multiplayer as single player (same mission)

Did this ever get resolved?

I was trying to figure out why Datalink wasn't working and came across this thread. Turning that setting OFF then ON again helps, thank you.

• ED Team

There is an issue with cold start and datalink. It should be fixed in the next update late January / February. 

Currently the team are on a break for new years. 

thanks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hello! I have been playing dcs for a long time but I had a break 1 year,after that I came back to the dcs and started to play agian with viper

the problem is my nav does not work I am doing everything correctly from a instruction of viper

when it says ALIGN on the hud I turn Nav but on hsd nothing is working,cant see myself cant see any other planes,nothing.I tried autostart,I tried Stored Heading tried normal align nothing changes but it works only inulln hot start! 

image.png

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

Hi there!

First: I fly 99 % self created missions.

Szenario: AWACS in the air, some MIGs as well. If i contact AWACS flight and ask for picture he tells me the groups, but on my FCR MFD i have nothing. 

I was a a bit out of busines the last month so the question: Did i miss something which i have to set in Mission Editor?

Back in the days i just placed a "blue" Awacs and had all the contacts from him on the MFD. 

I never saw a explain, so can here someone tell me what to do exactly to have the awacs contacts on the MFD?

Thanks

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• ED Team

Hi Eisprinzessin, 

are you starting the aircraft cold? 

if so there is a DL bug reported already and the team are working on it, a work around is in this thread 

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to play a Mission with my Friend, I in a F16, He in the F/A-18 and we tried to setup a datalink to not shoot each other and don't shoot an AMRAAM at the same target and so on. The datalink didn't work and the Problem seems to be that if I do a coldstart, the Flight-,Mission- and Surveillancechannel are  tuned in at 000, while they are supposed to be 001 like in the Missioneditor (can't change them in the Missioneditor) and if I try to set them to 001, they are instantly set back to 000. The entry between the DED astricks doesn't blink like a false entry, when I press enter they are still 000. If I do a hotstartup, they are put to 001 and it seems to work, but I am still frustrated that I can't do a coldstart. Any possibility to get this fixed?

Best is to post a short track of the issue so we can see whats going on and help if we can.

When you do a cold start in the F-16 you need to reset datalink for it to work. List > Enter > 1 to turn it off and then 1 again to turn it on, maybe that is what is causing the problem. Just guessing tho but worth a try.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Furiz:

Best is to post a short track of the issue so we can see whats going on and help if we can.

When you do a cold start in the F-16 you need to reset datalink for it to work. List > Enter > 1 to turn it off and then 1 again to turn it on, maybe that is what is causing the problem. Just guessing tho but worth a try.

Tried, did nothing, but thx