Landing gear collapses after repair

BlackBaron46

Had some strange landing gear related issues this evening. Even after we repaired all three aircraft twice, and landing gear lights cycled/went out on take off, it still won't retract/repair.

We even had one aircraft repair himself after he was hit by flak, but the resulting fall after the repair function lifted him into and dropped him broke his gear.

See photos.

Screen_230604_222257.png

Screen_230604_221701.png

Screen_230604_221702.png

Screen_230604_222222.png

Edited by BlackBaron46
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello all. 

couple of us was on a WW2 server and flying our P47 and P51.  we ended up taking some damage and upon landing requested a repair.  everything went ok till the plane was lowered and the landing gear failed.  we did try more then once and had to get new planes .

I posted this on the discord of the server and was told this is a dcs bug and to contact dcs .... so here I am .

thanks

Glenn.

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K--32gigs ram--Gtx 3070--windows 11--Oculus Quest 2 VR--X-56 Hotas . DCS Openworld Beta

hello all.

well I had posted this in non P47 area and thought I'd post it here .

upon landing after either getting a few holes in plane and or poor landing and damaging the plane .. pilot error lol

I and others would request repair.   the plane would life as it should and get repaired.   then upon being lowered the gear would get damaged.

this would happen 2 or 3 times in a row then we would have to select new slot and new plane.

any thoughts

thanks

Glenn.

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K--32gigs ram--Gtx 3070--windows 11--Oculus Quest 2 VR--X-56 Hotas . DCS Openworld Beta

I am finding the same issue and it basically means requesting repair is pointless as you get a broken landing gear which in all probability is a worse fault than the one you wanted repaired. Hope they fix this soon but until then the repair function is next to useless. It seems as if the process of plonking the aircraft back down after repair causes the damage to the undercarriage struts

hey all

we had this problem as I already posted it however.....  buddy and I tried a new server in normandy map and after I left he tried a repair and it actually worked as it should.....previous we were on a channel map server with no repair available as it would repair the plane then upon lower it broke landing gear as your pic above shows.

could this be a dcs map bug?

thanks

after reading post on same topic. it may be a server map issue as buddy was able to repair on Normandy map and this one we on was channel map

Flying buddy and I have had the same problem.  We were flying a mission in the Normandy 2 map at Saint Pierre Du Mont.  In P-47s, the repair drops us onto the surface damaging the gear.  Using Spitfires in the same mission the repair works as normal and sets us down gently.  This is consistent both in multi-player and single player.

server-20230626-123727.trk

Edited by Tshark

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm this report as well online and offline on the Normandy 2.0 map specifically. I can get repair to work correctly on the Channel map sometimes. Seems pretty consistent  to have the gear damaged on Normandy 2.0.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah repair in the 47 is a 50/50 situation at the moment. like the others have said unlike the other modules after repair you get placed back on the ground gently, in the jug it drops you like a sack of potatoes which in turn damages the gear. even if the initial repair wasn't for the gear

Edited by Brigg
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

i would also like to submit my experience as well. this is on the normandy 2 map as well as the marianas and caucases maps. all repairs were done with no ordinance and medium fuel load. i also tried as well with no fuel in order to hopefully not overtravel the suspension on the gear. the only time i was able to get the repair finished without damaging the gear was on a carrier headed into the wind as fast as possible. my opinion is that the aircraft is being dropped too hard after repair. this needs to be corrected either by strengthening the gear (which is a little sensitive) or by lowering the drop height. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aye, this has been the case since a series of updates on the landing gear earlier this year.  First change I remember was a little bouncy and explodey, then it was changed again to be less bouncy but the gear is much more easily damaged, most notably upon repair when dropping down after repairs are finished. 

As was mentioned above this can be somewhat mitigated (most/some of the time) by completely emptying ammo and fuel load before attempting repair.  However, this option is not available if the aircraft is leaking fluids (ground crew won't re-arm), in which case you're screwed.  I haven't tested different maps, but Normandy 2.0 (only map I routinely fly this aircraft on) is pretty much a guarantee it will happen with fuel on board. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In all variants of the P-47 on all maps that I've tested, the landing gear is damaged when the plane is lowered down after repair.

The only way to sometimes avoid this issue is to completely empty the plane of fuel and ammo (obviously this doesn't work if you have any oil/fuel leaks because the ground crew won't touch you until you're repaired).  This adds several minutes of unloading then re-loading to get a repair.  

Earlier this year there were a series of changes to the landing gear (bouncy, then explodey, now it breaks upon repair), and this plane has been like this for months now.  Some attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated by everyone that flies the P-47.

V/R

Firebugs

Edited by Firebugs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...