Runway lights - night landing

VDV
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Is there a way to turn on runway lights in night missions? Because i flew some missions at night or bad weather and they never turns on, opossite to real life when they are always on in bad weather conditions. I mean even  in supercarrier module there are a lights flashing on carrier`s runway at night, which is very useful in CASE III, but not in airfields....very strange.

Maybe a bug or something?

Edited by VDV

4 minutes ago, Rebel28 said:

That would be nice but tell me how to tune a P-51 radio that only has 4 preset channels. If the server online does not program one of your presets you can’t even contact the airfield you takeoff from.

In that case you may contact the mission creator so that he can fix this issue, or avoid flying on such servers/missions with your Mustang at night.

• Like 1

Or ED could just program to automatically have one channel auto placed into the plane at the airfield it is placed on. Oh my a few lines of code on their end problem solved.

Or, have the ground crew change the radio. A kneeboard page with what the radios are tuned to could also be handy.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, draconus said:

What's your point? It's been answered already.

And what is your point?..To troll?.....a "Bump" is to draw attention to this issue, Because the runway lights still do not turn on in some instances.  Are we just figuring out the internet today?

I see the frikkin answer and it still doesn't work on some runways ok?

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

• ED Team

folks keep it friendly here our rules can be found at the top of the forum. 

--------------------------

Airfield lights will only enable if you declare your intentions to land, otherwise the AI wont know. 

If you are doing this and it is still not enabling the runway lights we need to see a short track replay example so we can check it. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

29 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

folks keep it friendly here our rules can be found at the top of the forum. 

--------------------------

Airfield lights will only enable if you declare your intentions to land, otherwise the AI wont know. 

If you are doing this and it is still not enabling the runway lights we need to see a short track replay example so we can check it. 

thank you 

my bad drac, lack of coffee,😑will chk it out further, im noticing this on some of smaller runways too, will get some vid. Setting missions up in ME, maybe im not activating something.  ty.

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼