DCS: F-4E Phantom II - Episode I - Introduction

IronMike

9 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I'll have to pass. Luckily HB's got me covered: 😊

Like it!

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

12 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I'll have to pass. Luckily HB's got me covered: 😊

Monty Python <b>Women GIF</b> - Monty Python <b>Women</b> Stoning - Discover ...

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

15 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I've gone from elite fighter pilot mustache. To French Napoleonic pioneer.

3bf090fcd1b132a67298a4080724c189_large.jpg

Yeah, but your choice of helmet is going to create problems when you close the canopy!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Yeah, but your choice of helmet is going to create problems when you close the canopy!

Canopies only cramp your style and blocks views anyway.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 minute ago, Gunfreak said:

Canopies only cramp your style and blocks views anyway.

Yeah, but going topless ruins the hairdo! 😆

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 hours ago, Victory205 said:

You gents do understand that whether you apply the astronomical, or meteorological definitions of the seasons, that the Heatblur statement of “F4 Phantom, coming in Winter 2024”, technically includes December, 2024?

The only question is did they mean the whole month, or just the winter solstice to the 31st of December? We have a whole baseball and football season to wait. 😉

You are hopefully aware that the F-4E FAQ section clearly states what exactly their definition of „winter“ is, right? In the FAQ section HB clearly says the F-4E is slated to release into Early Access during the winter period of 2023/2024, right? So why do you come up with that December 2024 stuff? Makes no sense and is not helpful at all. Furthermore, HB yesterday expanded a bit on the March 2024 release window. They did this on Discord by the way. They said they actually plan with the entire month of March so March 20th, 2024 is not their actual deadline to deliver the module. This is obviously new info. HB also reassured people yesterday that they still think they are right on track for a timely release as of now. So, since this might be a bit confusing with previous perceptions of their statements we should, as always, apply the good old rule „things are subject to change“…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:06 PM, Tango3B said:

You are hopefully aware that the F-4E FAQ section clearly states what exactly their definition of „winter“ is, right? In the FAQ section HB clearly says the F-4E is slated to release into Early Access during the winter period of 2023/2024, right? So why do you come up with that December 2024 stuff? Makes no sense and is not helpful at all. Furthermore, HB yesterday expanded a bit on the March 2024 release window. They did this on Discord by the way. They said they actually plan with the entire month of March so March 20th, 2024 is not their actual deadline to deliver the module. This is obviously new info. HB also reassured people yesterday that they still think they are right on track for a timely release as of now. So, since this might be a bit confusing with previous perceptions of their statements we should, as always, apply the good old rule „things are subject to change“…

Tango, he was just joking... 😉

• Like 2

Ups, …. do we need disclaimers on every joke again? 😬🙈

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

do we need disclaimers on every joke again? 

probably not, but having so many comedian wannabies on this Forums gets kind of tiring 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

probably not, but having so many comedian wannabies on this Forums gets kind of tiring 🙄

Well, I get your drift - but there are threads that are serious inquiries for information (and should be treated as such and not be derailed)…. and then there are things that just are running jokes. Like the definition of winter. Can we agree on that?

Also, I would argue that navigating any public forum without a sense (or least some tolerance) for humor is bound to be frustrating….😬

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

…. and then there are things that just are running jokes. Like the definition of winter. Can we agree on that?

Yes, I agree .. but I wouldn't really expect that a pinned thread is actually a running joke, for the forum users that are not a native english speaker it can and does get confusing and annoying.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

This particular thread has run its cause in the first post. Everything else is just chit chat and banter and creating even more hype - which is its purpose in the first place.

I get your point, and usually would agree, but I think the criticism is misplaced in this particular thread. Maybe I‘m wrong though….🤗

I‘ll shut my trap. 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

This particular thread has run its cause in the first post. Everything else is just chit chat and banter and creating even more hype - which is its purpose in the first place.

I get your point, and usually would agree, but I think the criticism is misplaced in this particular thread. Maybe I‘m wrong though….🤗

I‘ll shut my trap. 😊

Okay, let me respond to your statement for a moment, because I think in this case it's important. Yes, I am not a native speaker of English. However, I found the above comment completely unfunny, especially after other information had already been announced by Heatblur. Why should you find it funny when a comment like this leads to even more uncertainty in the community? There's already a pretty heated debate going on about the whole release thing at the moment (~450 comments + about this issue alone on Discord 2 days ago!!!), so why add even more fuel to the fire? I think it would be of more use to everyone here if a short summary of the Discord discussion with the current facts from Heatblur can be read. We've had, at least in my opinion, enough jokers, speculation and uncertainty...at this late stage, I think we should concentrate on the facts given by Heatblur and let Heatblur work in peace. And that's only possible if everyone knows the situation and isn't constantly triggered by such supposedly "fun" statements. Thank you.

Edited by Tango3B
  • Like 1

Do we get medals now for not being native English speakers? Then I want one, too!*

(*) Disclaimer: That was a Joke! (kind of a flat one in this case)

Sorry - I promised to shut my trap! So here I go and say good night! 🤗

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, I agree .. but I wouldn't really expect that a pinned thread is actually a running joke, for the forum users that are not a native english speaker it can and does get confusing and annoying.

Not as tiresome as officious people who show up everywhere to scold everyone about everything that doesn’t meet their lofty standards.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Hayrake YE-ZB said:

Not as tiresome as officious people who show up everywhere to scold everyone about everything that doesn’t meet their lofty standards.

Good, glad to help you raise your low standards ... if you prefer you can add me to your Ignored user list, so that you won't tire with my frequent posts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _BringTheReign_ said:

this is pure gold, I am 100% stealing this for future use

Go a head. Use it freely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

There's an old British Army saying, ''if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined''... C'mon chaps, lighten up! It's a grey rainy day here in UK and this thread is giving me a smile and a chuckle  :grin:

• Like 8

There's an old British Army saying, ''if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined''... C'mon chaps, lighten up! It's a grey rainy day here in UK and this thread is giving me a smile and a chuckle  :grin:
That's the attitude! Enjoy your weekend!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1