Switches are silent?

Go to solution Solved by buceador,

29 minutes ago, buceador said:

F-16 cockpit switches are recently all silent, all other cockpit sounds are normal.

MODS folder empty
SCRIPTS folder empty
REPAIR done

TRACK file and SOUND options attached.

Thanks in advance.

well this is an odd one. i cannot say i have ever noticed sounds on and switches. maybe just used to it. what happens if you uncheck the "hear like in helmet"? checkbox? i have always had that box checked and perhaps that is why i dont hear anything. those helmets are pretty tight against the ears and fitted special for every pilot.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• ED Team

thanks

please remove this folder 

C:\Users\solea\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds

run a repair of DCS and retest 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

please remove this folder 

C:\Users\solea\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds

run a repair of DCS and retest 

I did that before I posted...

I run another

• ED Team
Just now, buceador said:

I did that before I posted...

you had a mod in there at some point correct? 

It maybe a good idea to run a slow repair and look for anything left over. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

I have run the slow repair, check all files (slow) 

No change...

Important to bear in mind that this is a recent occurrence - the extra files found are mostly reshade files and liveries. BUT there are also many files, including sound files related to the F16 - possibly ECHO19_CORE files?  Is is safe to assign ALL these extra files to a backup folder?

Edit:

I have removed ALL extra files but switches are still silent...

Edited by buceador
More testing

I posted a problem on Friday re. silent switches in the F-16 in the DCS 2.9 General Bugs section.  Many thanks for all the responses, however nothing I tried actually corrected the problem.

There are no MODS nor 3rd party scripts, I attached a .trk file and DCS log. I did a slow repair AND removed all 'extra' files found, as I said, all to no avail.

All other cockpit sounds are audible like powering up RWR, weapon sounds, launch sounds, radio comms, hostile launch notifications.  Only the switches are stubbornly silent.

Can anyone tell me where are the sound files associated with the F-16 switches are located and if they encrypted?

Many thanks.

• ED Team

I have merged the threads. 

I have not been able to reproduce your issue. 

Can you attach your fresh dcs log again after trying to use the switches in the cockpit. 

thanks

Ok, I see he has the slider for Switches fully turned on (slider to the far right side).

Btw, can you select the Main audio Out and Headphones to your specific hardware? I know I have issues with sounds in VR, if my VR headset is not selected.

Edited by skywalker22

33 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Did you check Switches slider in Options/Sounds? There is that slider for turning the volume for these switched up and down. I know I had the same issue.

image.png

Yes I did thank you.

1 minute ago, skywalker22 said:

Ok, I see he has the slider for Switches fully turned on (slider to the far right side).

Btw, can you select the Main audio Out to your specific hardware? I know I have issues with sounds in VR, if my VR headset is not selected.

I understand the Main Audio Output potential problem but as I mentioned, ALL other sounds function perfectly.

1 hour ago, buceador said:

Btw, do you own any other FF aircraft? If so, how is the switches sound there?

I have tried with other modules and all cockpit sounds EXCEPT switches are working correctly.

@buceador - i also did not hear switch sounds in your track or in one i made. i went into options and found the switches have their own intensity. i moved slider from 100% to 300%. anyway i can now hear the switches as i remember them.

though it is not working for you.

image.png

Edited by silverdevil
  • Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain