Phantom Noses

Which Phantom Nose do y'all find most aesthetically appealing?

I myself find the B/N nose to be the most appealing, with its smaller nub.

F4_Noses.gif

Edited by Omega417
Image was bad
  • Like 3

Prefer a clean nose, but for the “E”, it would have to be the Midas 4 gun fairing, not the original - just looked wrong.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

6 hours ago, Omega417 said:

Not a lot of love for the long nose RF-4 Variants in here.

I'd take an RF-4 module before an F-4E. The missions are pretty interesting, from the RF-4B to the RF-4EJ. Lots of cool stuff out there.

• Like 1

J & similar.  The E is too loong.  Not as aesthetically pleasing. 

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

11 hours ago, Lace said:

J & similar.  The E is too loong.  Not as aesthetically pleasing. 

I fully agree 🙂 

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 3/12/2024 at 3:15 PM, exhausted said:

I'd take an RF-4 module before an F-4E. The missions are pretty interesting, from the RF-4B to the RF-4EJ. Lots of cool stuff out there.

Having that mission set in DCS would be a blast.

• Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

17 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I'm kinda partial to the F-4D 😁

IMG_2996.JPG

Originally equipped with the Bendix RHAWS, pre-herpes if I’m not mistaken.

Sure is a nice frame you and your compadres have there.

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

24 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Originally equipped with the Bendix RHAWS, pre-herpes if I’m not mistaken.

Sure is a nice frame you and your compadres have there.

I know the D models evolved somewhat, so not sure if she came from the McD factory that way or was upgraded at some point. She is a block 28 and still fitted with the DVST radar scope.

• Like 2

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

3 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I know the D models evolved somewhat, so not sure if she came from the McD factory that way or was upgraded at some point. She is a block 28 and still fitted with the DVST radar scope.

The ‘D’ ended up with a mod that sprouted unsightly lumps in strategic locations over the airframe, majority being around the ‘chute door and all over the RHAWS chin, giving it the “Herpes riddled” moniker.

But, you are doing gods work there chap, she’s a stunner for sure. 👍 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 2:05 AM, Nodak said:

image.jpeg

Clean nosed D or the J's.  Several of the D's were made without chins, Iran had a bunch of them.

This nose while clean has a mustache though.

Oh wait, I see what you meant…

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!