AI Seaking mod (SH-3H / Mk.48)

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Fisherman82 said:

You guys must have had a layered texture file when you made your skins for this? @crazyeddie  @Gunslinger22 @Neo47

@Neo47 has kindly made his template available: Seaking Template

As far as a static. It wasn't in structures, but helicopters on mine.

You were right, I've edited the first post.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Thanks 1

Screen_240411_145031.jpg

Screen_240411_150135.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

23 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Yep, thats it. Make sure you get the link number right and it should work.  I dont know about other models though, there could be issues with the ships collision shells etc, that caused problems on some ship models with flight decks. 

So its worked on ocean - however is it possible to position the static model on deck ? - its currently sitting bang in the middle half way down ? I also put the icon over hms ocean - i assumed linking it was good enough...

• Like 1

You should be able to place it anywhere you want on the deck, are you sure you are putting it down as a structure, sitting in the middle it sound s as if its placed as a flyable. (If you place it in the middle over the ships icon thats where it will appear in the game !!)

Little Bridge Symbol on the left - Helicopters - Place the Helo - pick the one you want from the drop downs.  Link it.  Pick the Livery. 

Screen-240412-085958.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

You should be able to place it anywhere you want on the deck, are you sure you are putting it down as a structure, sitting in the middle it sound s as if its placed as a flyable. (If you place it in the middle over the ships icon thats where it will appear in the game !!)

Little Bridge Symbol on the left - Helicopters - Place the Helo - pick the one you want from the drop downs.  Link it.  Pick the Livery. 

Screen-240412-085958.png

yup thats what I am doing -  BUT how are you getting that zoomed up view of the ship ? All I am getting is an icon of it ? Suspect that explains why its going in the middle/ can't place it where i want.

I am as you can tell a complete newbie to the mission planner !

Cheers

Andy

Has the rotation of the rotors been fixed ? Last version I was using had the trailing edge of the blade as the leading edge, if that makes sense ?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

54 minutes ago, Oban said:

Has the rotation of the rotors been fixed ? Last version I was using had the trailing edge of the blade as the leading edge, if that makes sense ?

No, it's the exact same mod that was released a while back. I've just included into the main mod the extra liveries CrazyEddie and Neo47 made after the original release.

• Like 3

Just updated the Seaking Mod to the new version with the additional liveries - just wonderful. It's one of those assets I really look forward to just seeing on the deck or in the air when I place them in my missions. Thanks again to everyone involved!

• Like 4

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

10 hours ago, Dave317 said:

Amazing aircraft.  I'd love to see a flyable one some day. 

Had a look round a few of them a couple of  days ago.  

20240414_105809.jpg

20240414_114524.jpg

20240414_115109.jpg

20240414_105751.jpg

20240414_103625.jpg

yeah i did ask @Eight Ball if any plans for updated westland sea king as per above along with aew version but he said no 😞

I would also love a flyable version - one my all time fav helicopters 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:26 PM, Tengah said:

Ah, that is a shame regarding the AEW variant, that would have been an amazing addition to DCS.

I don't think any helicopters can be made to do the AWACS missions (AEW) in DCS. I was able to convert a few planes to the AEW role but Helicopters were a no go. I'm not sure if this is because there is no AWACS mission type for helicopters in ME  or because there is no AWACS attribute for helos. Or both. But AEW helicopters should be added to the DCS wish list at some point. There are now many nice Carrier mods that do use AEW helicopter in real life so it would be nice to have that in game

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beldin said:

I don't think any helicopters can be made to do the AWACS missions (AEW) in DCS. I was able to convert a few planes to the AEW role but Helicopters were a no go. I'm not sure if this is because there is no AWACS mission type for helicopters in ME  or because there is no AWACS attribute for helos. Or both. But AEW helicopters should be added to the DCS wish list at some point. There are now many nice Carrier mods that do use AEW helicopter in real life so it would be nice to have that in game

Agree. I did a lot of testing in regards to this a while ago. But unfortunately I couldn't find a way to make a helicopter with AWACS attributes in DCS.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

Agree. I did a lot of testing in regards to this a while ago. But unfortunately I couldn't find a way to make a helicopter with AWACS attributes in DCS.

worth pinging EA as a dcs core feature request ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beldin said:

Thank you for your comments there.  I hadn't given it a thought about AEW not having a place in the helicopter side of ME.  Makes absolute sense.  I agree with everyone else who says this should be a "thing" in DCS... ED?

• Like 1