F16 AGM-65D BSGT not work

• ED Team

The issues seems to be with the first align attempt, we have made a report for the team 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

For now, as a temporary workaround, you can attempt a second boresight to the same station. This works some times. 

A fix is being worked on but will not make it into the planned 12th Hot fix

thank you 

• Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi, 

there is a bug reported that will be fixed in a future patch. 

Only work around currently is to repeat the boresight for the same station, this sometimes works. 

thank you 

• Like 4

After update DCS 2.9.4.53549.

I know there is a similar topic (closed), but the problem is not with the first alignment but with the plane's movement.

During the Boresight procedure in flight, the Mavericks are not aligned with the TGP.
However, when active pause is activated, the Mavericks are perfectly even.
Additional information.
Alignment can also be performed while parked at the airport. It seems that when the plane is in motion, boresight is impossible.

The faster the image moves in TGP, the greater the alignment error.
For example, fly lower or faster, the alignment has a larger error.

Track attached.
A brief description of the track record. Arming, take-off, the first boresight test is negative, the second boresight test during active pause is positive, the third boresight test during the flight spoils the alignment.

no bore mav in flight.trk

• Like 2

• ED Team

threads merged, the issue is reported and a fix is being worked on. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I do not want to sound angry 😉

but I am

This has happened several times prior after updating boresighting is screwed ...

really?

I am willing to offer my free services to download beta packs and test for you whether F-16 maverick boresighting is working or not - prior to your releases.....

why is the recurring so often? do you need testers / staff shortages?

I am keen to be a free beta tester, but really, I do not want to update and AGAIN find boresighting of mavericks are broken, then I wish I bought and learned another module the past 2-3 years 🤦‍♂️

Edited by AngryViper.101
  • Like 5

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

Is in re-re-broke since the hotfix in the last 24 hours?.... The hotfix that was supposed to fix this?

Why didn't I just stick with the F-86?..... With no avionics to screw up.

-Ryan

• Like 1

I'm all for a "proper" simulator, but the recent boresighting and INS is over the top for me.

I loved the Viper when a boresight was just at the runway end and bang on.

Post full repair and hotfix, the TGP is still not switching on.

Im tired.

Edited by Marshallman
  • Like 6

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

1 hour ago, Marshallman said:

Post full repair and hotfix, the TGP is still not switching on.

Turn RIGHT HDPT Switch OFF then ON again and wait for it to boot up.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1

I can't reproduce the no-boresight problem with either Maverick D/H.

What I do for a "ground" boresight:

Start the jet/INS.... wake up the Mavericks on the SMS page. TGP on.

Once everything is up:

-Master arm to SIM

-Enable ground jettison

-Maverick to PRE

-Put one MFD to TGP, the other to WPN

-Point the TGP at something as far away as possible. TMS-up for a point track on it. The WPN is now SOI.

-Point the Maverick seeker at the same thing. TMS up. Hit boresight on its MFD. Boresight should now highlight.... and then...... "unhighlight"(?). Boresight should be good. Do the same for the Mavericks on the other wing.

-You should be boresighted!.... with the caveat that a ground boresight is only so good. As folks have mentioned, it's worth rechecking them once airborne on something 4-7nm out.

-Ryan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RyanR said:

Once everything is up:

-Master arm to SIM

-Enable ground jettison

-Maverick to PRE

-Point the TGP at something as far away as possible. TMS-up for a point track on it. The WPN is now SOI.

-Point the Maverick seeker at the same thing. TMS up. Hit boresight on its MFD. Boresight should now highlight.... and then...... "unhighlight"(?). Boresight should be good. Do the same for the Mavericks on the other wing.

-You should be boresighted!.... with the caveat that a ground boresight is only so good. As folks have mentioned, it's worth rechecking them once airborne on something 4-7nm out.

-Ryan

Im doing Air boresighting, but they are miles off on the Mavs.

• Like 5

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

4 hours ago, Marshallman said:

Im doing Air boresighting, but they are miles off on the Mavs.

Currently the same for me.  I'll boresight both pilons in the air, then afterwards I'll TMS down on the MAV WPN page to make sure it's slewing to the TGP again, and it snaps to a position far away from where the TGP is currently looking.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RyanR said:

Once everything is up:

-Master arm to SIM

-Enable ground jettison

-Maverick to PRE

-Ryan

The issue has something to do with if the F16 is moving. The not so good ground bore sight is not affected.

I think there is a bigger problem with the moving F16 and all the stuff of setting "points" in the distance. I've tested this with the mark points. As soon I set a mark point and make it to a STPT, all nav points are a little bit offset. They are several 100 feet off of the old places. This issue occurred before the last 2 patches, and now the bore sighting got the same issue too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11 Pro, HD: 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD

HOTAS Throttle: TM Warthog Throttle with TM F16 Grip, Orion2 Throttle with F15EX II Grip with Finger Lifts

HOTAS Sticks: TM AVA Base with TM F16 Stick, FSSB R3 Base with TM F16 Stick

Rudder: WinWing Orion Metal

10 hours ago, Nedum said:

The issue has something to do with if the F16 is moving. The not so good ground bore sight is not affected.

I think there is a bigger problem with the moving F16 and all the stuff of setting "points" in the distance. I've tested this with the mark points. As soon I set a mark point and make it to a STPT, all nav points are a little bit offset. They are several 100 feet off of the old places. This issue occurred before the last 2 patches, and now the bore sighting got the same issue too.

possibly connected to the INS  setup??

18 hours ago, Nedum said:

I've seen something similar before, have you tried hitting CZ on the TGP or FCR pages while in AG mode?

I've done some testing boresighting on the fly and whist in active pause. During active pause, the Mavericks boresight perfectly and as they should.

Defiantly seems related to the new INS update and the aircraft moving.

Edited by swartbyron
  • Like 4