Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

DCS: CH-47F FAQ Discussion

Benno

Just now, Vortexstate said:

It's where Chinooks go to FARPs and use their fuel to fuel other aircraft

This is really cool. Thanks for answering!

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Im really looking forward to this 

And I have no problems with "not feature complete"

I still can practice my flying skills even when not everything is fully fleshed out.

But it shows again that early access is not for everyone

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, ldwater said:

Any update on Steam pre-orders?  I want to get the module but it sounds like I'd miss any pre-order discount since its on Steam..?

pre-order on steam isn't possible currently, if that changes we will let you all know.

Once we get to early access release DCS: CH-47F will be on steam and will match the discount on our Eshop.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Pikey said:

I hope ED in general can take a good hard look at their customers general sentiment shown here and ensure that their development focus targets what is being asked of them.

This is the key thing. I'm sure the Chinook will be great because DCS is, hands down, the best helicopter experience of any consumer simulator on the market.

What shouldn't happen however is that we get to 1-2 years down the road, or further, and no progress has been made due to improper prioritisation of work. Please don't make the same mistakes as the supercarrier.

• Like 10

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

What are 'Fat Cow' missions?

Mobile FARPS basically using the CH-47F as a refuelling station 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, ColinM9991 said:

This is the key thing. I'm sure the Chinook will be great because DCS is, hands down, the best helicopter experience of any consumer simulator on the market.

What shouldn't happen however is that we get to 1-2 years down the road, or further, and no progress has been made due to improper prioritisation of work. Please don't make the same mistakes as the supercarrier.

This. Hopefully ED will actually prioritize updating and adding correct features to the CH-47F, and not leaving it in the dust.

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

DVIDS - News - Aviation Brigade practices “Fat Cow” fueling ...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

This is really cool. Thanks for answering!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Everybody taken their meds this morning?

I’d hope for a lot of things mentioned already for the Chinook, besides being able to fly it. I don’t feel that inclined to shell out £70 on a promise though then be posting in a bug thread pleading for promises to be fulfilled. I own the super carrier too as well as owning a fleet of rapidly deteriorating props. There’s a lot of ifs and buts at the minute. I’d buy the Chinook, even though I have the AH-64 with all it’s foibles and I never fly it. I’d want to try it out first though and to do that I’d have to bend over to the new two-step trial system too.

It’s probably a long way off to give it too much thought yet anyhow. Couple of weeks at least 🙂.

• Like 6

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, Slippa said:

Everybody taken their meds this morning?

I’d hope for a lot of things mentioned already for the Chinook, besides being able to fly it. I don’t feel that inclined to shell out £70 on a promise though then be posting in a bug thread pleading for promises to be fulfilled. I own the super carrier too as well as owning a fleet of rapidly deteriorating props. There’s a lot of ifs and buts at the minute. I’d buy the Chinook, even though I have the AH-64 with all it’s foibles and I never fly it. I’d want to try it out first though and to do that I’d have to bend over to the new two-step trial system too.

It’s probably a long way off to give it too much thought yet anyhow. Couple of weeks at least 🙂.

Early access does not suit everyone, we understand that and waiting until you are satisfied is not a problem. We are happy for your support when you are ready.

Pre-order gives you the chance to get a good discount, currently $48.99 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/ch-47f/

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoleUK said:

Ultimately DCS is still the best helo sim there is, wouldn't be here if it wasn't. But yea it's a little worrying.

I know many wouldn't like the idea of unrealistically aping the gunship chinook variant a bit, but it would give a bit more of a fallback to rely on re: features while we wait. Though it's likely too late to pivot a bit in that direction maybe, even if ED was open to the idea.

I'll never stop banging that Guns-A-Go-Go drum though.

would rather have the guns-a-go-go version than the modern version but would be cool if ED used the modern version to fast track the guns version at some point

Edited by Mohamengina
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, NineLine said:

Why is only an M-60 gun shown in the video?
We will have options for this where you can choose either the M-60 or the M-240H. 

Will options for miniguns be added later? 

• Like 2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Mohamengina said:

will it be able to rearm ground forces and aircraft as well?

Logistics is planned, I hope we can share more details soon, we may even have a newsletter dedicated to the topic in the future. 

thanks

• Like 3

> We can say that we are developing a novel logistics system for the CH-47F that dynamically allows the player to determine what is loaded and unloaded from the aircraft based on weight and area.

Will this be accessible via the scripting system (e.g. setting load & unload zones to integrate with this system, limiting what can / cannot be loaded) ? Will there be events emitted to the MSE to allow for scripts to react to loading and unloading events? Will scripts be able to load / unload the aircraft themselves without UI. (e.g. Deploy troops immediately on landing without needing pilot interaction)

Alternatively. Will ED actually actively collaborate with server owners, mission makers and scripters so that a system that meets their needs, as well as any of ED's needs, is delivered?

Edited by rurounijones
  • Like 15

34 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Logistics is planned, I hope we can share more details soon, we may even have a newsletter dedicated to the topic in the future. 

thanks

So Logistics is planned (And I'm very happy for that), but Logistics/CTLD will not be available upon early access release?

• Like 2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, Kip336 said:

So Logistics is planned (And I'm very happy for that), but Logistics/CTLD will not be available upon early access release?

CTLD is a community script, I am sure it will work with the CH-47F. 

We are working on our own logistics system for DCS, that will come later in early access, it is high priority. 

thank you 

• Like 1

Apologies if this comes across as rude, but are we going to get any real answers in this thread?

Nineline said to post questions, I was the first to reply and was totally ignored?

• Like 12

6 hours ago, ghashpl said:

(not negative but rather constructive post)

I have in mind the SuperCarrier in perspective. This module is not changed since release (may 2020). (Adding light sticks to deck crew and more lights levels is just a cosmetics)
Saying "we are waiting for the core game to change". It's been 4 years without any progress.
"We are working in the background". It's been 4 years without any progress.
"EA is not for everybody". It's been 4 years where I paid whole price.

I think there should be some time frames. I do like what ED has done with Afgan preorder - "we're not releasing whole map, next parts are planned in 3 months interval".
This is something that shows how long a promise is.

Fat cow, water landing, CSAR, internal transport - all cool. But I would like to see some dates.

I think ED is rushing this module and I remember what happened to F-16 and the apologies from ED side after that.
Two months before the release and "we still don't know what we're going to add".

ED, please, be honest with people that loves your product and want to see a clear and transparent seller-costumer policy.

Road map with dates should be part of the EA deal IMO, it is what we use to plan the development of anything in the background anyway? so should be information ED already have ?

• Like 4

This feels like a rushed release.
Core features are missing from EA, that should be part of the release just as much as it having a flight model and damage model (wondering if it even has those at this point).

You say 'EA is not for everyone', but the missing features make it well below what can be considered any type of 'release'.
As others have said, there needs to be some kind or reliable timeline/roadmap that we can see. Listed in the order how ED prioritizes them. 
Only then do we actually know what we are even buying with EA. The way this release is being handled feels weird, worrisome and feels like a kickstarter 'give us your money and you may or may not get a finished product in 1-500 years'. 

Edited by MorgothNL
  • Like 8

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, MorgothNL said:

This feels like a rushed release.
Core features are missing from EA, that should be part of the release just as much as it having a flight model and damage model (wondering if it even has those at this point).

You say 'EA is not for everyone', but the missing features make it well below what can be considered any type of 'release'.
As others have said, there needs to be some kind or reliable timeline/roadmap that we can see. Listed in the order how ED prioritizes them. 
Only then do we actually know what we are even buying with EA. The way this release is being handled feels weird, worrisome and feels like a kickstarter 'give us your money and you may or may not get a finished product in 1-500 years'. 

As mentioned in the first post "We wanted to be sure we correctly listed features and when they will come out, either at EA release or during EA. We will continue to update the list here and on the store page as we have more info. This is an important module to DCS and needs to bring all the things you might expect from such a famous helicopter. "

• Like 1

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned in the first post We wanted to be sure we correctly listed features and when they will come out, either at EA release or during EA. We will continue to update the list here and on the store page as we have more info. This is an important module to DCS and needs to bring all the things you might expect from such a famous helicopter. 

Alright, I hope this list will grow at least a bit.
Don't get me wrong, in case of something like the Chinook, I am all for releasing it with just a full flight and damage model with other stuff coming later. But in that case there needs to be a roadmap so we can manage expectations. 
I understand you will add to the list of things we can expect in EA, but I think most of us are looking for the things that will come AFTER early access, and when we can expect them with a semi reliable time line.

When you buy a Huey or Gazelle, you kind of know what it is and what features/weapons it will have in the end. But in the case of the Chinook 50% of the needed features for this thing to be complete, are outside the module itself. Infantry updates, combined arms update, FARP updates, logistics etc etc. 

• Like 6

• ED Team
1 minute ago, MorgothNL said:

Alright, I hope this list will grow at least a bit.
Don't get me wrong, in case of something like the Chinook, I am all for releasing it with just a full flight and damage model with other stuff coming later. But in that case there needs to be a roadmap so we can manage expectations. 
I understand you will add to the list of things we can expect in EA, but I think most of us are looking for the things that will come AFTER early access, and when we can expect them with a semi reliable time line.

When you buy a Huey or Gazelle, you kind of know what it is and what features/weapons it will have in the end. But in the case of the Chinook 50% of the needed features for this thing to be complete, are outside the module itself. Infantry updates, combined arms update, FARP updates, logistics etc etc. 

We will share more details, and we are planning to share more about logistics. We may have a dedicated newsletter topic on logistics as it is important for DCS and its future. 

thanks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MorgothNL said:

Infantry updates, combined arms update, FARP updates, logistics etc etc. 

That has outside from CH-47F module, if you like updates about modules or funtionality, move to the propper section.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

10 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

That has outside from CH-47F module, if you like updates about modules, move to the propper section.

Well, thank you for this, cause this is exactly what me and others are saying. Even now, while we are literally in the CH47 topic and I bring up subjects directly related to the CH47, you tell me to take these subjects somewhere else.
This is the CH47 FAQ, the most asked questions are about those things.. and you say 'hey, this is about Ch47 only, don't talk about that other stuff' 

I'm not here to start a discussion and will leave it at this.

Edited by MorgothNL
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, jakm75 said:

So... The logistics, the entire theme behind this module, almost the entire reason to buy it... won't be available on release?

I'll sit this one out, thanks.

I would never expect logistic features in the next years. 

Apache costumers still waiting for frag damage modeling.

But an unfinished Apache is still better than no Apache. And with the great logistic scripts on the mp servers I fly, the Chinook will be very fun.

• Like 4