Black Shark Manual Hard Copy

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mine from GoGamer. I'm really pleased with.

Same here. Got it delivered today in fact. Extremely high quality and I love the size of it. Easy to get comfortable in your favorite chair and pour over it. Also easy to have it sitting right next to you for reference while in the sim.

Easily a quality product for the money. Thanks ED.:thumbup:

Printed Manual USA Availability

We're approaching the end of June and Amazon.com still lists the manual as out-of-print rather than as due-in. Also, GoGamer.com is still out of stock after apparently selling out their initial shipment.

I can appreciate ED's unfamiliarity with the US marketing channel but would like to ask if there is nothing that ED can do to push things along a bit? There must be avenues available to suppliers to find out from Amazon why they list it as out of print and do not offer a pre-order.

Also, since GoGamer sold out of their initial allotment, I wonder if there is a subsequent reprint coming to replenish their supply? Given the probable low profit margin, it's not clear to me that ED will be reprinting the manual. This might further restrict supply of this manual, especially in the U.S. where there are apparently only the two cources (GoGamer and Amazon). With Amazon not offering pre-order, and not knowing the quantity they have been allocated, I expect that they will also have a chance of selling out before demand is satisfied.

I wonder if any of the other channels have sold out their initial supply?

I'm not trying to belabour the manual issue. I merely want to get my copy. And no, I do not prefer to order through the U.K. ... not because I don't want to see TFC get the money but rather because I prefer to order through my own national channel.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Join us and put your comments here,maybe Amazon will listen to its customers:

:helpsmilie:

http://www.amazon.com/Ka-50-Black-Shark-Attack-Helicopter/product-reviews/0956183603/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I contributed a post and maybe they will listen or provide some info on when they will start accepting pre orders. We might have to order from Go Gamer when they restock.:music_whistling:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

My understanding of this is that it is not up to Amazon (nor do they know) when they receive new copies of the printed manual. It is up to who ever publishes the manual to produce new copies.

You can still buy the printed manual from the ED website though. Just do that if you want it badly enough.

Well got fed up waiting for Amazon so ordered through Fighter Collection today.

Had good service from Amazon up to now, this is the frist time they let me down.

Again, it is not Amazon letting you down. They can't produce manuals out of thin air, they have to receive more copies from ED.

I don't know what the problem is, but its very very frustrating. The manuals were supposed to have been in the US for distribution weeks ago, Amazon still does not have them and GoGamer apparently did not get very many as they sold through them in a very short time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Here is an update. The manual is in the USA at the Take2 Warehouse. Amazon has been contacted and we hope it to be listed within the week as being available for ordering. Shipping from TFC in the UK is now in boxes and not jiffy bags.

The printed manual is now in all the distribution centres, USA, Europe, and Australlia. However, whereas in Europe manuals can be distributed to Amazon etc within a week, the US distribution to retail channels are much longer, and would appear to be about 4 weeks.

still no joy at Amazon.com.... 4 weeks from when exactly?

Perhaps one of you flyboys who has had it for a few weeks now would be willing to sell it to me as a 'Used' Black Shark Manual? It is starting to seem like that may be the quickest way I'll get my dirty little mitts on one... ;)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Amazon have to buy from Take2

Does Take2 prefer to have them just sitting in thier warehouse gathering dust? Because they don't seem to be shipping them to either Amazon or GoGamer. Are there other vendors Take2 is utilizing for retail sales? :music_whistling:

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Feels that way, eh? As frustrated as you guys are, multiple that by 10 and you get close to knowing how we feel.

I can really appreciate that, Matt. But it seems that if anyone can do something about this situation it is you, the publishers. It seems that something has broken down in the channel (in the US anyway) and that it might take some sort of "push" to get it flowing. Maybe I'm wrong but I tend to think that an issue that needs resolving, needs resolving :smilewink:.

Regardless, I will wait and hope I can get an order in to one of the US distributors before they sell out.

Again, I appreciate and understand your frustration. Thanks for the work you and the team are doing (and for the best darn combat flight sim to come along in a long time :thumbup:).

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

DCS Manual @ Go Gamer

Go Gamer has the printed DSC flight manual in stock again, $29.90 Plus S&H, just in case anybody still needs to order one.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

GoGamer Apparently has stock in the US

...or at least they accepted my order and they say shipping within 24 hours.

Sadly, Amazon still lists this as out of print and unavailable.

Just ordered from gogamer as well...hope the stock is really there and ready to ship...

I placed an order yesterday (6/29/09) from gogamer during the morning hours and they sent me an email at 8:52 PM with a tracking number indicating they shipped it. Fast service ;)

Spoiler: