Realistic sucks...

leroy1964

TrackIR took a few moments to get used to, and you'll find it natrual. Started with freetrack for a few months but the real TR does a much better job for me. Recently I had to send my TR5 back for replacement (it had trouble with the latest software) and during the week when it was being shipped back & forth I could not bring myself to play DCS, ROF or ARMAII. Head-tracking is simply necessary for me now.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the trim sucks, I manually set the chopper's speed, heading, altitude etc and then hit the "T" key keep it held until happy and let it go and the chopper does a complete nose dive and goes from 500ft to crashing into the ground, what the heck???

Also the correct trimming procedure is to set and hold the correct attitude with cyclic and pedals, then hit trim, then centre the controls.

If you're using 1.0 trimming you have to do the "centre the controls" bit fast to avoid rapid attitude changes.

With 1.0.1 trimming you can take your time, but you still need to centre.

With a FFB stick the FFB will hold the stick in the trimmed position, but you still need to centre your pedals after trimming (unless you built yourself FFB pedals).

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

you might want to check to make sure your con-fig control setting is not doubled up also unless they fixed the redundancy issue with this in the latest patch?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Good one. I have just ordered TR5. Never had anything like this. Last FX i had was 3DFX glasses but since ditching my CRT tube they don't work anymore (Bugger, they cost £175 pounds a couple of years ago). So, i have gone from silly spectacles to a dotty hat :-). Cheers Gerry.

New joystick maybe?

Also the correct trimming procedure is to set and hold the correct attitude with cyclic and pedals, then hit trim, then centre the controls.

If you're using 1.0 trimming you have to do the "centre the controls" bit fast to avoid rapid attitude changes.

With 1.0.1 trimming you can take your time, but you still need to centre.

With a FFB stick the FFB will hold the stick in the trimmed position, but you still need to centre your pedals after trimming (unless you built yourself FFB pedals).

I currently have the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro X3D" and it is a great joystick but not force feedback. I love this game so much I will consider buying a force feedback if you guys wish to recommend one for me, however I think we are a little limited here in Oz (Australia) with EB Games, JB Hifi, WoW Sight and Sound and Harvey Norman and Gamedude Computers (I live in Brisbane, Queensland).

Also, just so I follow most advice, number one will be to keep auto pilot (route) off and the rest on, and to assign a key to both trim and reset trim on my joystick and if chopper starts doing it's own thing, after using trim, simply hit the reset and the chopper should settle, do I have that right.

One more thing please, how do I get the A/C to simply move down the runway, with out lifting off? for me (so far) everytime I increase collective the chopper starts to lift not move along runway? and again many thanks for all your advice this far.

Cheers :thumbup:

One more thing please, how do I get the A/C to simply move down the runway, with out lifting off? for me (so far) everytime I increase collective the chopper starts to lift not move along runway? and again many thanks for all your advice this far.

Just push the cyclic forward and don't forget to loosen the parking brake.

Btw., been to Bris mid-August, liked it a lot there. :thumbup:

cheers m8

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

............One more thing please, how do I get the A/C to simply move down the runway, with out lifting off? for me (so far) everytime I increase collective the chopper starts to lift not move along runway? and again many thanks for all your advice this far.

Cheers :thumbup:

I too find taxiing hard.. as you must push the stick forward and finesse the power so that you don't give it too much power, but enough to move it along, also turning is hard and the helo is very unstable in turns and balance..

as usual you must really be smooth and not move or jerk the stick... and always be ready to apply the brakes..

I see some other pilots taxi and they make it look easy.. but I suspect they are being just as careful as I try to be..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I currently have the "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro X3D" and it is a great joystick but not force feedback. I love this game so much I will consider buying a force feedback if you guys wish to recommend one for me, however I think we are a little limited here in Oz (Australia) with EB Games, JB Hifi, WoW Sight and Sound and Harvey Norman and Gamedude Computers (I live in Brisbane, Queensland).

You'll be able to buy (or win!) a G940 at the Oz Flight Sim Expo in Brisbane 10-11 October. Say hi if you come along, I'll be the guy in the dark grey cockpit with the ACESII seat flying DCS.

Also if you want to hook up with some other aussies flying DCS, try vaaf.net

cheers

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Thanks

You'll be able to buy (or win!) a G940 at the Oz Flight Sim Expo in Brisbane 10-11 October. Say hi if you come along, I'll be the guy in the dark grey cockpit with the ACESII seat flying DCS.

Also if you want to hook up with some other aussies flying DCS, try vaaf.net

cheers

Might come and have a look, where abouts in Brisbane is it going to be?

Can that joystick be bought in Oz yet and if so where would you recommend I get it from?

Cheers

Can that joystick be bought in Oz yet and if so where would you recommend I get it from?

Cheers

Check the link, but it's at QUT Kelvin Grove.

Not sure I'm afraid, I'm holding out for the Saitek X65F.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Cheers

Looks like it should be available in a week in Aus ... here is one retailer that seems to think so:

http://www.games101.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=5729

P45 Platinum, Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz, HD6970 w/2gb, X-Fi Titanium PCIE, 4gb RAM, ANTEC 1000watt PSU, Lian Li PC-A71 case, Win7 64bit, CH Throttle and Fighterstick, Saitek Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro, 3 x Samsung SyncMaster 2443

I just got back into DCS Blackshark and have set everything to realistic, because I figure might as well play the game for real. Couple of points I have noticed, the trim sucks, I manually set the chopper's speed, heading, altitude etc and then hit the "T" key keep it held until happy and let it go and the chopper does a complete nose dive and goes from 500ft to crashing into the ground, what the heck???

Secondly, I slow down to get ready for landing or just some slow low flying and the chopper starts drifting sides even when I adjust with rudder, most of the time it is drifting to my left. I am sure my joystick is calibrated, so why is this happening? This morning it drifted me into the side of a building???:doh:

Which brings me to my third point, if the pilot (me) cannot even get the chopper to hold level flight, and or hover and or basically after trim fly and hold alt without spinning, drifting, losing altitude, etc etc, how am I supossed to be able to go "hands free" and view over displays and push buttons for other stuff???:cry:

I guess it means I should go back to "Game settings" but I reckon that spoils this otherwise fine sim.:pilotfly:

Finally just when you probably thought it couldn't get much worse, I finally land the chopper (rough at that) and once I realse the stick the chopper, starts "rolling along" trying to turn left and generally do it's own thing, so unless I keep control of the chopper (as in hands on joystick 24/7) the chopper bouncess around like a kid on a trampoline and such. :joystick:

I have been in a few choppers (as a passenger in my Army days) and although I was in the back they didn't do all the stuff that happens in this game, maybe the old Huey was a more stabile machine? anyway the flight dynamics of this sim must be all stuffed, or I just suck at the game, (maybe a little of both).

So I have vented, but I would love to hear what others would like to contribute to my points, lastly, shouldn't one be able to lift off and climb say to 50-100ft and just hover there "hands free" (without the use of the hover button) and not have the chopper go nuts?:joystick:

Cheers all, venting over.:cry:

stay with it leroy, don't give up, and whatever you do don't go charging in yelling "LEERRROYYYY JENKINS!" or you WILL crash!

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

I too find taxiing hard.. as you must push the stick forward and finesse the power so that you don't give it too much power, but enough to move it along, also turning is hard and the helo is very unstable in turns and balance..

as usual you must really be smooth and not move or jerk the stick... and always be ready to apply the brakes..

I see some other pilots taxi and they make it look easy.. but I suspect they are being just as careful as I try to be..

Cyclic + Rudders when taxiing, but don't bank the helo to much, or major flop and destruction of rotors will occur. :thumbup: I believe the tutorial said less than 5 degrees bank is safe. ^^

OR just do it the easy way and take off from the parking area... screw ATC... who did they ever help anyways?!

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

Like many things in life they are actually easy, if u know how.

0. Heading and Alt hold off.

1. collective full off (brake position)

1. trim cyclic approx 25% forward, centered.

2. move the throttle to second detent. (zero is idle)

3. bring up the cyclic to maybe 3 or 4 deg (I have brake on the end of the cyc.

4. push the col forward more to commence forward motion.

5. when movement starts, put the cyc back to 1deg.

6. now use the col for forward or brake (push or pull)

7. now use col + rudder for steering left or right.

8. remember you should not have to push the stick forward too much to turn, centered at 25% trim should be enough to pull the nose around.

Note: the idea is to get some 'weight' off the bird (hence the throttle+col), so the nose wheel can easily turn to the direction of 'lift'. But if u put too much col, then you can 'tip' it over. If you are 'trimmed' correctly for taxi (col/throttle/cyclic) then you should not really need to use the brake at all!!

Wheel works a bit like a 'shopping' trolley, it responds to the direction you push it,(or in this case its more like a 'pull'.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

2. move the throttle to first detent. (zero is idle)

I think taxiing is only done in full auto, would be hard on the batteries to have all avionics on but the generators offline for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That the 2nd throttle position, setting the rpm higher so the generators get power.

Cheers, have updated the post, Works either position for me. I believe Sobek is technically correct.

Manual

'All flights are preformed must be performed in this (auto) mode, except for specific emergencies.' ch 6-10

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]