Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, on the islamic calendar it is currently 1431... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

FC2 is based on the Black Shark code. The features in question were no longer supported when the Black Shark multiplayer and GUI code was written. ED did invest in adding code to support payload changes for the FC flyables in the new code, which was not there to start with (in Black Shark).

Thanks again. I of course appreciate everything that is going on that brings an update to Lock On. I appreciate the hard work and all the time. I guess I can only hope in the future that some of these multiplayer quirks such as tail numbers, skins, payload editing, mutiplayer lobby etc. come with further DCS modules. I know that not all is possible, and that mutiplayer is not the be all / end all, but I hope the future brings a strong focus on mutiplayer.

I do look forward to all the pluses that FC 2 will bring :thumbup:

• Like 1

@ Anyone with links to ED, will FC2.0 improve the centre spring effect for Force Feedback sticks like the G940? I would dearly love to have my stick work as intended in the FC2.0 and the DCS series of simulations.

As I'm primarily an offline Frog flyer FC2.0 has limited appeal for me but if it included a FFB upgrade it would certainly be much more attractive. I know one of the test team has a G940 and I hoped this was an indicator that ED might update the effects.

I'd really just like a yes or no on this one, will FC2.0 support the current stock of FFB sticks or will it be coded to only support obsolete hardware from the late eighties/early nineties. I understand that the Logitech gambit to place the onus on developers was ambitious bordering on hubris and that ED and many other flight sim developers may feel that using development time on the tactile dimension of their simulators may not be cost effective due to the niche nature of FFB. In the end this is definately not going to affect my decision to get A-10C but I would like to know, also if this is not the correct place to ask this question were should I ask it? :helpsmilie:

If the team finds something out, I'm certain that something will be posted either way. There may not necessarily be a detailed explanation, but I can at least tell you that the team is aware of the issue you have brought up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=14288

This contents of the link above suggests FC2 is out end of this month? Is this true?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Anyway I counted to have similar pylon selection like in LO 1 or as same as in F-16 Aggressor. This Ka-50 system (based on text) is really sorry but crap.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

DoctorStrop, "Early 2010" is as specific as it goes right now. I'm sure it'll be announced when a specific release date is decided upon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=14288

This contents of the link above suggests FC2 is out end of this month? Is this true?

LOL...I´ve found this link a couple days ago, never seen that one before and since I posted this in another Forum I see it nearly every day now...

Cause I get lost of I-net connection within 25th of January and will be back online at mid February so I will (hopefully) read some good news then...:joystick:

Thanks EtherealN, I got my hopes up then. I'm really looking forward to being able to fly Black shark, with my mates who prefer Flaming Cliffs 2.0. Does anyone know if it will be released with cross compatible BS/FC maps?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Thanks again. I of course appreciate everything that is going on that brings an update to Lock On. I appreciate the hard work and all the time. I guess I can only hope in the future that some of these multiplayer quirks such as tail numbers, skins, payload editing, mutiplayer lobby etc. come with further DCS modules. I know that not all is possible, and that mutiplayer is not the be all / end all, but I hope the future brings a strong focus on mutiplayer.

I do look forward to all the pluses that FC 2 will bring :thumbup:

EvilBivol,

May I please ask in light of the new update, does that mean with the new mission planner feature, you will now get to pick custom skin, tail number and payload? Either way, the idea of a custom setup for waypoints by the player is an awesome addition. Thanks.

Edited by Crunch

Equally good would be to be able to have more than one "client" in each "flight"...so at least that would remove alot of the need to duplicate waypoints.

Please, add, copy flight plan to other planes, so you dont have to put again all the wp for each plane.

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Depends on what you mean by "incorrectness". Laser simulation was not as detailed as it is in DCS (allowing ripple fire, which is unrealistic due to how the laser grid operates). Don't know if that code migrates though, but if we're lucky the update that was made for DCS:BS has been possible to transfer to the 25T.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

.....but if we're lucky the update that was made for DCS:BS has been possible to transfer to the 25T.

The Screenshot of the Toad about to Deep-Six the Hog on Take-Off alludes to a WCS 'Upgrade' if one has regard to the Toad HUD. IIRC the question was put to the Devs re 'Upgrade' but has yet to be answered......:music_whistling: :P

Silence Speaks Volumes :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Silence might just mean that a given feature isn't 100% set yet. This community has been good at teaching ED to keep silent unless they are 100% sure that they are 100% sure about what they're saying. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester