Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

"Improved flight performance for player-controlled aircraft"

Not sure what this means, but I'm hoping it means either less or entirely no scripted high-alpha behavior. Improved *anything* is fine by me though! :D

Also landing?

Yo can touch the runway with one wheel. Landing at kuznetsove should be a bit more difficult then.

--------

Lets pay 20 euros for dvd boxed, and ED can kick Ubi out :P

Greetings

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what Chizh said on hard copy possibility:

В России вероятно будет диск.

Но договоренности с издаталем еще нет.

There'll probably be a disc version in Russia! However, no contracts with manufacturer yet!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's what Chizh said on hard copy possibility:

There'll probably be a disc version in Russia! However, no contracts with manufacturer yet!

UBI never published Lock On in Russia, that was 1C. I would Love a complete stand alone product, maybe ED could work something out with UBI...... Although after the Lock On Gold debacle and then the subsequent faulty discs, I'm not holding my breath.

Nate

... And $15 is nothing!

Aero

100% agreed

I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my comments, I didn't realise the extent of the 'upgrade' at the time. Please accept my apologies, I've read the whole thing now and I'll be more than willing to acquire this product (looking forward to it!).

Thank you to all developers for your hard work!

:thumbup:

I dunno if this has already been mentioned but one thing I would like to know is if there is goning to be a place for us in the community where we can sit and chat before we jump on a server and fly. Like what we do now with Hyperlobby.

Totally agree. Built in chat would be nice feature.

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will include:

• MiG-29C

I think he means "Mig 29S" or Mig-29S (9.13S) Fulcrum-C and not "Mig-29C" ??

Edited by Xjikz

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Dear all,

However, I can tell you now that we plan a disc version of a complete FC 2.0 install (no 1.12 needed) that will use online activation (we will not use a disc check again). This would likely be released in the Spring of 2010. A base copy of Lock On would still be needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Music to me ears. :music_whistling:

UBI never published Lock On in Russia, that was 1C. I would Love a complete stand alone product, maybe ED could work something out with UBI...... Although after the Lock On Gold debacle and then the subsequent faulty discs, I'm not holding my breath.

Nate

If I were rich, I would approach UBI and convince them to sell me the rights to Lock On ("flight sims? Nah, nobody cares about those. You sell me the rights and use my money to go make another Ghost Recon game." ;) ). Then I would give the rights to Lock On to ED as promptly as possible. An American buying a game from a French company and then handing it over to a Russian one? It'd be an international legal adventure!

Who wants to start a PayPal donation? :D

Dear all,

Myself and the team are very happy to hear such a positive reception to the new product (nice to finally be able to announce it!). We are reading all the questions and concerns, and I will be posting in update to the FAQ in a week or so to address these.

However, I can tell you now that we plan a disc version of a complete FC 2.0 install (no 1.12 needed) that will use online activation (we will not use a disc check again). This would likely be released in the Spring of 2010. A base copy of Lock On would still be needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Put me down for one DLC copy and one disc, Wags!

Edited by RedTiger

Dear all,

Thanks,

Matt

Oooh, I missed Wags' last edit but it certainly answers my prayers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I'll be getting the disk, but I'm not going to wait for it. I'll be getting the DL version on day 1.

Does anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK4flc6WUxo

I think it's a bit more relevant now. :)

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

If I were rich, I would approach UBI and convince them to sell me the rights to Lock On ("flight sims? Nah, nobody cares about those. You sell me the rights and use my money to go make another Ghost Recon game." ;) ). Then I would give the rights to Lock On to ED as promptly as possible. An American buying a game from a French company and then handing it over to a Russian one? It'd be an international legal adventure!

Who wants to start a PayPal donation? :D

:) :thumbup: :book: I'm in.... but only if the Jag [GR3a] in made..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I'm still wishing somehow that this FC 2.0 would be in bundled CDs with the previous versions too like what happened in Flamming cliffs..

If it weren't published by evolved games as Lock On Gold, I wouldn't even have a grasp about the world of Lock On Flamming cliffs..

Like i said.. i'm not really a fan of buying something online

First & foremost, I don't have a credit card :(

second i don't feel secure nor trust online transactions~

Sorry if i sound like i'm from stone age, i don't live in a 1st world country after all...

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not a fan of on-line buying either, infact if I can pay by cold hard cash I would and leave my card in my pocket.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

ED said they were going to work on FC after the Ka-50 was out the door. They said so, and repeated so, two years ago.

This wasn't a surprise for me.

I am speechless. I never thought I would see the day this would happen.

Nice list of features.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually, I think Wags himself even noted in an announcement even more recently that once BS 1.0.1 was released the "Flaming Cliffs Franchise would be seeing development" or something similar to that.

People do need to remember that a year or two in software development is no time at all. I can count many game projects by much bigger companies with major publishing house money backing them that can easily take 5+ years to get their product out. Quick example - Empire: Total War. The team that made it started right after Rome: Total War was done. Medieval 2 was another team. So while the brand name sits there and makes it look like there were relatively fast transitions between the products that was actually not the case.

Developing software takes a lot of time and even more money.

Though I definitely understand the impulse of being impatient to get your hands at something that you want. But this was hinted at within the reasonable timeframe several times. ;)

Doesn't change the fact that it's awesome though. Now I need to repair my LockOn install which my overzealous antivirus destroyed on yet another false positive. Got to learn how GG does his thing if I'm going to get him in multi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Doesn't change the fact that it's awesome though. Now I need to repair my LockOn install which my overzealous antivirus destroyed on yet another false positive. Got to learn how GG does his thing if I'm going to get him in multi.

You'll find me at angels 45. Well, not in a Ka-50. But that where I'll be ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda