Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I was talking F-15C ... my mistake.

OIC, sorry. I don't know much about F-15's in general, so I would be surprised if I didn't make a mistake.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about this a bit while learning A10 recently. I'd like an SU25 sim, just because it's already represented in A10 and would fit in quite nicely. Also I'd seriously like to see an F14 sim. I'm sure most avionics info could be gathered as they're getting seriously old now. Another one that I'd like is one of the Harriers. That'd be a seriously cool sim and hard to master!

Edited by NickH

Also I'd seriously like to see an F14 sim. I'm sure most avionics info could be gathered as they're seriously old now.

Ok, so gather it, see how far you get :)

Another one that I'd like is one of the Harriers. That'd be a seriously cool sim and hard to master!

Not really. It's like an A-10 that flies faster and carries less stuff to drop on other stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, so gather it, see how far you get :)

I probably wouldn't get very far. I've seen flight manuals for sale, but I'm sure they're US only. Same goes for most of these things including A10a I think.

Not really. It's like an A-10 that flies faster and carries less stuff to drop on other stuff.

It carries enough to be fun I think. The later ones can carry a fair bit. Add to that RADAR on the later versions along with the VTOL. You'd have things like how much water you have onboard for engine cooling in the hover (as far as I remember). I'd like it anyway :D

Another one would be the Panavia Tornado. It carries tons, supersonic and old, but yet again finding all Avionics info would require string pulling. People voting for aircraft like the F22, F35, Eurofighter etc would have to understand, no matter how good the flight sim is represented, it can't be very authentic due to the fact most of what it does and how it operates is classified.

It carries enough to be fun I think. The later ones can carry a fair bit. Add to that RADAR on the later versions along with the VTOL. You'd have things like how much water you have onboard for engine cooling in the hover (as far as I remember). I'd like it anyway :D

The AV-8B might have a RADAR, but the proper Harrier did not. GG was pretty much spot on with his description, the Harriers were designed and used for exactly the same role as the A-10.

Another one would be the Panavia Tornado. It carries tons, supersonic and old, but yet again finding all Avionics info would require string pulling. People voting for aircraft like the F22, F35, Eurofighter etc would have to understand, no matter how good the flight sim is represented, it can't be very authentic due to the fact most of what it does and how it operates is classified.

Nothing old about the Tornado (GR.Mk4). And as has been said before, the age of an aircraft has no correlation with how many of its systems may or may not be 'classified'.

Chances are it'd be easier to produce a Typhoon FGR.Mk4 sim than an F-4 Phantom, simply becuase while many details are sensitive there are people working on and flying the aircraft today that can be brought in to help etc, the same is not true of many older retired types.

And don't forget, while newer aircraft have many 'classified' systems, the information that is actually protected may not be required to produce a simulation of the aircraft. Take RWR as modelled in any sim ever for example, not one sim developer has had access to symbology etc for a real RWR, yet they manage to make something that works just fine. And most people playing the game would never know that what they have isn't true to the real aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

DCS Mi-24 ?

So ... I liked DCS Black shark and the whole idea of it. So i thought, why not lets say make a DCS mi-24, that thing is a legend, it's widely used, and info on it will be easy to get since it's kinda old. What do you guys think ?

What do you guys think ?

I think that once a 2 seater environment is basically possible in DCS we might see the Hind one day, but I dont expect it these days.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Chances are it'd be easier to produce a Typhoon FGR.Mk4 sim than an F-4 Phantom, simply becuase while many details are sensitive there are people working on and flying the aircraft today that can be brought in to help etc, the same is not true of many older retired types.

Still plenty of peeps who fly and work on F-4 Phantoms in Florida, even if the old girls don't always come back.

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well , It would only be fair to make a Western attack helicopter , and an Eastern strike A/C next , just to balance things out .

Somehow , it is wrong to have Russian A-10 , and Western KA-50 , dont ya think .

It has to be balanced out regardless of peoples preferances .

• ED Team

it could be a glider with a rocket attached to it I dont care, I just really want to know now lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@MoGas Yeah the power of the Navy !!!

@BIGNEWY Same for me !!! i wonder know what the next aircraft will be, mystery about that is useless and people who can build one can faster begin to build a simpit or a cockpit !

Anyways we can be sure that it will be an Hornet/Super Hornet, a Falcon or an Eagle/Strike Eagle !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

1400 votes on the Superbug.......:music_whistling: My Tomcat is still on the second place.... :)

The poll is meaningless.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

You realize that it's already confirmed that the next DCS aircraft is going to be a US fixed wing?

lol!

1400 votes on the Superbug.......:music_whistling: My Tomcat is still on the second place.... :)

Yeah, I voted super hornet. But I really hope that they do a Tomcat someday!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

lol!

Yeah, I voted super hornet. But I really hope that they do a Tomcat someday!

I voted Super Bug because I figured it was the most likely to get made, but if they did DCS: Tomcat i'd consider flying to Russia and physically tossing my money at them.

You realize that it's already confirmed that the next DCS aircraft is going to be a US fixed wing?

Yes , so I believe . So the whole point of this poll is usless , as Im sure its already been decided .

Wouldnt it then be better to hold a vote on preferances for their next new release then !!!

Man, get real. ED said the next DCS release will be an American fixed wing fighter. Obviously the poll is appropriate to list all American fighter aircraft.

You get real ..... 2 posts and being rude already ..... sign of things to come I guess .

FI ..........