Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

Here's the logic:

Doing the same thing someone else does: thousands of extra sales.

Doing things that have been missing from the market for a decade and more: thousands less sales? ;)

See what I mean, theghost?

That's Exactly the point.

There is a huge community flying the F 16 And waiting for something new == F16 == Of course.

It is important to note that I did not fly on BMI.

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a huge community flying the F 16 And waiting for something new == F16 == Of course.

I agree!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Thousands of them will get to DCS only to fly the F/A-18C, the remaining will then move, finally, for a phisycs-accurate plane and world simulation of an F-16.

Not talking about countless online-flying groups that actually fly separately (in the same group) DCS A-10C and BMS Falcon. They would of course switch to DCS in one second if it's given the opportunity to fly the two aircrafts in the same environment/simulator.

He said an F-16 addon, he doesn't need to specify what block etc, because hes refering to Falcon 4 then probably a Block 52 then. What ever version though that ED would be willing to model which most likely could be an MLU or a C of some sort since there is alot of information for both available. It would most likely be a US one which could fly for any country with the right skin until eventually someone modelled a specific one for that model/country.

BTW there is two things good about an F-16 addon:

1/ the F-16 in DCS has a really good 3d model

2/ there is a AFM for the F-16 being developed

:thumbup:

- That is the thing, when talking about modeling an F-16 with any accuracy, You have to be very specific about the year, the block, the country, etc.

- Why, if referring to Falcon 4, would he be talking about block 52?

- The only information available AFAIK is of the Greek F-16CJ block 52 circa 2001, so in reality, there is not that much information available.

I was simply trying to inquire some specifics from the OP and hoping to explain that the F-16 has so many variation, that it will hard to modeled to the level of the A-10, P-51 or KA-50 accurately. Look at BMS, the just mixed and match several blocks, etc to reach a compromise.

P.S.

Without getting into the avionics. simply talking about physical differences

6 different engines, all with different parameters and information

Different physical limitations

So many cockpit configurations

No offense, that sounds kind of like saying "It's too popular, so they shouldn't bother". I would agree that the different versions are quite confusing, but that does not preclude them from taking one and running with it.

On the OP's question: My speculation is as follows:

Do they have plans to have an incarnation of the F-16 flyable in high-fidelity in DCS: World? Without a doubt. It's the most widely used western fighter jet.

Are they working on it now? If they are, then likely not at any advanced stage where release could be expected in the next 2 years. DCS most notable rival in the field of high-fidelity military aviation simulation is arguably BMS 4.32 at this point. I believe they decided it doesn't make sense to go after an already cornered market first. They are establishing their product with jets that won't have that level of competition. When DCS becomes the major military aviation sim on the market (something they are well on their way to), then I believe we will see an F-16 to cement that position. Another calculation they may have is that the team behind BMS may yet want to come on board as a 3rd party developer. Their knowledge of the F-16 and its systems would enable them to make a stellar F-16, so maybe that's also something that ED is hoping for, at least to some extent.

Bottom line: The F-16 will be here eventually, but I would be surprised if it was within the next 2 or 3 years.

I am not saying is to popular, read the response above.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

- That is the thing, when talking about modeling an F-16 with any accuracy, You have to be very specific about the year, the block, the country, etc.

- Why, if referring to Falcon 4, would he be talking about block 52?

- The only information available AFAIK is of the Greek F-16CJ block 52 circa 2001, so in reality, there is not that much information available.

I was simply trying to inquire some specifics from the OP and hoping to explain that the F-16 has so many variation, that it will hard to modeled to the level of the A-10, P-51 or KA-50 accurately. Look at BMS, the just mixed and match several blocks, etc to reach a compromise.

P.S.

Without getting into the avionics. simply talking about physical differences

6 different engines, all with different parameters and information

Different physical limitations

So many cockpit configurations

I am not saying is to popular, read the response above.

Let's say I agree with what you say,

What is different from F15 or 18 to the f16 Which are designed by third parties?

From what you say

i can understand the level of the F15 or 18 will be at level closest to reality???

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

Give F-16 and plenty of BMS users will come here.

i doubt that:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

if you just want to "FLY" an F-16,

VRC has a AFM F-16 Demo, No Cockpit or systems, just a AFM.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Let's say I agree with what you say,

What is different from F15 or 18 to the f16 Which are designed by third parties?

From what you say

i can understand the level of the F15 or 18 will be at level closest to reality???

What is the difference from models design by third parties? Not sure. Again I was simply looking for detail on the original post, wondering what he had in mind. Just for my own curiosity.

And to pass on that F-16 are rarely, if ever, properly modeled because of the variations.

Are the F-15/18 closer to reality? Again, no idea.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

+1 to a "DCS" fast mover (f16 or f18 w/ carrier ops)....the 2d cockpits in FC will never be loaded on my pc (i will never memorize 300 keybinds again, clickable cockpits or GTFO).......BMS till ED or a third party releases (come on 3d f-15 pit) and all my hopes and dreams are fulfilled...

something about a f-16 that make me quiver..... http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?13717-Black-Grey-F16C-Blk52

Edited by Davis0079

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

As I mentioned before I do not fly the F16, But if this is your comment,

Apparently your understanding in plane is low

i guess you just dont grasp how many different F-16s there are...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you know how many variants of migs there are...or how bout tanks in combined force....who cares...pick one...like the F-16C blk 50 or 52 and run with it.....ppl can make whatever variant they want once someone ( ED or 3rd party) creates the first one......why does the amount of variants sway your vote so bad...thats like saying, "dont make a F-18" cuz you cant pick between the Hornet or Super Hornet

"WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT MAKE A F-16 BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!!"

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Blimey. I voted for the wrong thing. Never mind........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

what they really need is an FA/18E Superhornet - just like what the online poll above states. Imagine:

- air to air capability

- air to ground capability

- carrier launch/retrieval capability

this is the all-in-one aircraft we've been waiting for!! I'm more of a mud mover so I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

i guess you just dont grasp how many different F-16s there are...

And furthermore you seem to never looked at the code behinde pokemon. This game is incredible complex designed with lots of hidden values for each mon, making each pokemon unique, giving them something like DNA so you can breed special skilled pokemon if you take your time (used for championships). It even drastically matters what pokemon you battle in order to raise specific statvalues and finaly form the mon you want and need. This is far from lame ,its very complex and also balanced. (And i didn't even start to talk about the damagecalculation).

You shouldn't missjudge it because many children plays it, most of them will never comprehend the idea behind the whole system. But if you know about this, you can even as an adult get more than enough fun out of theese games. So don't underestimate Pokemons nor should you do so for the F16.

Btw my choice was. F14, hopefully D configuration. Like Hornet you can go A2A, A2G and perform carrier ops plus! You have 2 seats, great fun for coops.

Saying it again: Apache Longbow

First there came a Russian helicopter (Black Shark), then the A-10, then the old (who ever wanted that plane???) Mustang, and now it's time for an American counterpart, the Apache Longbow.

Serious developers, everybody knows this machine, and a sh*tload of fans would buy that module, a hell lot more than that Mustang would sell, I can bet you that.