Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

Yeah, but the Apache wasn't halfway done before the module was started.

I don't get why people hate the Mustang. Besides my inability to aim at all, I love everything about the module.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Mustang is super fun - I think it'll come into its own once it has more unique things to do or a WWII patina can be put over the setting.

What I really want is a DCS-level fighter, so the F-15E, Super Hornet, or F-16 all sound great to me. The F-18 Classic would be awesome, too, of course, but it's harder to get as excited about it when you know there's a better version out there.

Edit: Would seriously be down for co-op in an Apache or a Hind, too, but I think I'll stick to single-seat jets; I find single player kind of meditative and relaxing, like the cockpit is my own little cocoon.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

But we've already got an Russian helicopter. So instead of a flyable Hind, an American Apache (or allright, a Super Cobra) would balance a bit more don't you think.

Anyway don't let it be some old plane or helicopter anymore, it's 2013 not 1980. An modern American Fighter OR helicopter would be a good idea, i totally agree.

AC-130 gunship for DCS world?

I remember Wags talking about ac-130 sim they did for training, is there possibility to see this plane in DCS world as flyable?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I remember Wags talking about ac-130 sim they did for training, is there possibility to see this plane in DCS world as flyable?

IIRC they did only the gunner position. AFAIK back when they got the contract, they said that there was no chance of it going public.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That would be :censored: Sweet..Janes FA had one...Left hand Orbit and Rain Down on ABA...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Saying it again: Apache Longbow

First there came a Russian helicopter (Black Shark), then the A-10, then the old (who ever wanted that plane???) Mustang, and now it's time for an American counterpart, the Apache Longbow.

Serious developers, everybody knows this machine, and a sh*tload of fans would buy that module, a hell lot more than that Mustang would sell, I can bet you that.

From what I understand, they cant model the Longbow as its radar is still highly classified and they wont model systems that they cant replicate to a very high degree of fidelity (admirable, but frustrating)

To be honest, the lack of any real info at all regarding the next offical aircraft is getting a bit old to be honest, but ho hum it is what it is and all that.

It would be great. Even if we didnt have a DCS AC-130, to incorporate one and do integrated attacks from the wheel with A-10 while AC-130 marks tgt, Dual target attacks others. Lots of fun to be had here.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

Great warship! Would be nice in DCS future...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

From what I understand, they cant model the Longbow as its radar is still highly classified and they wont model systems that they cant replicate to a very high degree of fidelity (admirable, but frustrating)

To be honest, the lack of any real info at all regarding the next offical aircraft is getting a bit old to be honest, but ho hum it is what it is and all that.

so the Russians just gladly handed over the specs and blueprints of their experimental new age KA50 to a comp gaming company and said 'go for your life'? Surely they've taken some creative licence in making the systems in the KA50 - they should be able to do the same for the Longbow. Who are we to know the difference to the real thing? Its a sim after all, not a type rating.

An Apache is sorely needed to offset the KA50. Heck, if they don't have all the specs, IMPROVISE....watching the Discovery channel!! :thumbup:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

so the Russians just gladly handed over the specs and blueprints of their experimental new age KA50 to a comp gaming company and said 'go for your life'? Surely they've taken some creative licence in making the systems in the KA50 - they should be able to do the same for the Longbow. Who are we to know the difference to the real thing? Its a sim after all, not a type rating.

An Apache is sorely needed to offset the KA50. Heck, if they don't have all the specs, IMPROVISE....watching the Discovery channel!! :thumbup:

Experimental? New age? Are we talking about the same helicopter here. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

80's tech, some real nice stuff like the ABRIS but things like the Skhval (Still can't spell it. :D) are pretty old hat. It's a great performer but the really classified things like RWR and ECM, well there isn't any on the Ka-50. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I believe ED had some contacts at Kamov to help them out with information on the Ka-50 - probably not to the extend of handing over "the blueprints", but nevertheless enough to simulate the majority of systems accurately.

I think it may be possible to do an earlier AH-64A to similar standard with the documentation available, but I doubt that would be the case for the Longbow.

An Apache is sorely needed to offset the KA50.

I don't see how an Apache could be "sorely needed to offset the Ka-50" - it may be desirable for the "rotorheads" to be able to fly a US equivalent, but given their RL mission objectives, such platforms are not likely to confront eachother directly on the battlefield anyway.

Heck, if they don't have all the specs, IMPROVISE....watching the Discovery channel!! :thumbup:

LOL.

JJ