Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

DCS F-18C w/ Carrier Ops & F-16C USAF adding Theaters w/ Dynamic Campaigns!

Well imho F-18C and F-16C.............. Then add for Single Players.............. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=64161

Simples ..............

:thumbup:

........ Edit.......... I just found these NICE!

http://youtu.be/1qTxdss4Mtc

:clap_2:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-19 Stealth Fighter :-)

A recent discussion over at SimHQ (titled Flightsim Fans) prompted me to post this idea -- develop an a/c loosely based on the old F-19 Stealth Fighter (from MicroProse & Testors).

Ya ya, I know it's not 'realistic', but I think it would be a fantastic marketing/revenue idea.

And it just might provide a fun kick in the pants to those old duffers who have a joystick in a closet that they haven't seen for a while.

Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

A recent discussion over at SimHQ (titled Flightsim Fans) prompted me to post this idea -- develop an a/c loosely based on the old F-19 Stealth Fighter (from MicroProse & Testors).

Ya ya, I know it's not 'realistic', but I think it would be a fantastic marketing/revenue idea.

And it just might provide a fun kick in the pants to those old duffers who have a joystick in a closet that they haven't seen for a while.

Wrecking Crew

Well there never actually was an F-19, that was a guess that many made incorrectly in reference to the REAL plane that was the F-117... (which was also an oddity because that plane was NOT a fighter it was a stealthy attack plane so the F designation was also a facade..) Anyway, an argument could be made that ED could create an F-117 fighter plane for DCS, but I doubt that many would be too interested in it due to it's VERY limited capabilities.. It is NOT a figher and could barely defend itself if the enemy ever actually SAW it and as an attack plane it was extremely limited as it could only carry one bomb. From a gaming perspective, pretty bland stuff when compared to the A-10 or the possibility of the Hornet being offered in the future..

Just my opinion mind you...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Hello,

I think F-14 would be interesting choice.

We can consider Tomcat as alternative version of su-33 may be.

But question is what about 2th seat of tomcat? Can it used to be in multiplayer? I'm in cooperation among two pilot would be new era in simulator game world. Isnt it?

Regards.

which was also an oddity because that plane was NOT a fighter it was a stealthy attack plane so the F designation was also a facade...

Yes, by AF bean counters to get the bird approved and funded by Congress.

Anyway, an argument could be made that ED could create an F-117 fighter plane for DCS, but I doubt that many would be too interested in it due to it's VERY limited capabilities..
It's capabilities were far from limited. It does its mission, or I should say did, quite well and better than anything else flying at the time.

It is NOT a figher and could barely defend itself if the enemy ever actually SAW it and as an attack plane it was extremely limited as it could only carry one bomb.
In fact the F-117 had two weapons bays. Normally it carried 2x2,000 lb bombs. But I guess you would rather load your A-10 with an unrealistic loadout and take on the entire Russian army without reloading/refueling?

The F-117 was never designed to defend itself. It was designed to ingress -> destroy a high valued target -> egress, all without being "seen." Heck the F-117 never even had a "gun."

From a gaming perspective, pretty bland stuff when compared to the A-10 or the possibility of the Hornet being offered in the future..

Just my opinion mind you...

There are plenty on these forums that would jump at the chance to fly a properly modeled F-117. Yes, I think an F-18 would be more exciting. That does not preclude the joy of another specialized AC.

Also by your logic, you probably won't want the F-18C either. After all a typical combat load these days is a bunch of "bags" and one, yes one, bomb.

See even in DCS, you will find that the F-18C will guzzle the gas at a faster rate than the A-10C, thus you will put fuel tanks on those pylons you were going to try and load down with 60 mavericks and still take off from a carrier.... (I know an exaggeration - just making a point, don't take it so personal...)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Hello,

I think F-14 would be interesting choice.

We can consider Tomcat as alternative version of su-33 may be.

But question is what about 2th seat of tomcat? Can it used to be in multiplayer? I'm in cooperation among two pilot would be new era in simulator game world. Isnt it?

Regards.

If you're gonna go with that logic, then the Tornado IDS is a way better choice. It's used by so many countries and a great aircraft. The systems would be so much fun to learn and employ. I think RAZBAM had a Tornado on their list but I just hope it's not the F3 ADV. F-4G and even the F-111 would be better choices. The F-14 just doesn't impress me. I'd be happy with the F-16D or F-15E too :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm highly interested in MP sharing jet cockpits

Ya, me too. I somewhat bought the Huey with the expectation that the shared cockpit part would make its appearance in one of the earlier updates. But then we got the Mi-8 and I drank a beer. Beginning to think it may never come now but I'm for it! F-15E shared would be awesome.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I'm equally hopeful for the Tornado IDS, F-15E, F-4G, and/or F-111. The reason is, I am building an A-10C cockpit at the moment and when it's done, I really want to build a two-seater and have the back seat as detailed as the front. That would be fun with an experienced friend. If not, then I'm hoping for an F-16C. I'll just build a Viperpit for it while the wait continues. There's quite a bit of Viper sim parts available. I really want a two-seater from the list above though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-4G would be the most fun I think, as long as the Systems are modeled correctly. Wild Weasel missions would be a blast in a real sim pit with a real backseater and correctly modeled systems in the front AND back seats...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

could only wish... :music_whistling: but I'd take the F/A-18.

Corsair_f4u_Preserved_BPF_inflight.jpg.3917a3de3b347e83ee4b5899a44f3c17.jpg

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The F-4G would be the most fun I think, as long as the Systems are modeled correctly. Wild Weasel missions would be a blast in a real sim pit with a real backseater and correctly modeled systems in the front AND back seats...

That's definitely how I feel!

Gladly!!! ...if it's a D model :thumbup:

the "D" would be the best of the best....

don't know what it is about that bird, but in either case that inverted gull wing bird is just awesome.

44.-F4U.jpg.5516609b42fbca100cb7f8a5a6ad2ed7.jpg

f4u-1d_corsair_vmf-312_drop_tanks_hvars.jpg.63d63983c238a17a8f6257dc2a04c526.jpg

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Frankly, any ACTUAL DCS aircraft would be nice, rather than faffing around with Flaming Cliffs reworks and WW2 fighters (not enough of those around apparently).

I really had high hopes when DCS was announced and they released the superb Black Shark and A-10C, as they were aircraft that were different and not the usual target of simming companies.

After that it appears ED that are relying on 3rd party developers to provide the excitement. I bought that Huey and that is excellent, I just dont get why they seem to focussing on FC3 at the expense of more interesting fayre.

Ho hum.

After that it appears ED that are relying on 3rd party developers to provide the excitement.

ED always planned to bring 3rd party devs onboard. This way there is more content than ED alone can provide, and leaves ED more leeway to keep upgrading the engine itself.

I bought that Huey and that is excellent, I just dont get why they seem to focussing on FC3 at the expense of more interesting fayre.

Because FC3 IS interesting and it brings in quite a bit of revenue. Just because you might not find it interesting does not mean others feel the same way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

DCS the Future of Air Combat and WAR Simulations

ED always planned to bring 3rd party devs onboard. This way there is more content than ED alone can provide, and leaves ED more leeway to keep upgrading the engine itself.

Because FC3 IS interesting and it brings in quite a bit of revenue. Just because you might not find it interesting does not mean others feel the same way.

Awesome - Thanks :thumbup:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Fair play, I could probably have worded it a bit better to be honest, so if I have caused offence then I apologise. Its purely that as I mentioned, your first two products were so good and diverse in terms of what they offered, that I wanted things to carry on in the same vein (I dont think I am alone in that wish).

I understand that you need revenue to carry on and that FC3 provides that, I just enjoy the DCS Series and want to see more of it (I dont think I am alone in that either).

Again, sorry for the slight bout of grumbling (I am British and we arent allowed to grumble, its the law apparently)

I'm also not a fan of FC3. In my opinion, once you take the time to learn the systems in a study sim you can't go back to survey sims.

The flexabilty just isn't there. I love being able to jump into the A-10C and enter my own flight plan and weapons profiles for example.

I think there is a place for FC3 though, even though I just see it as a stepping stone for the F/A-18C and future DCS modules.

I think when we have some high fidelity fighters I'll be more appreciative of FC3 though, just because we'll have more bandits to shoot at.

Spending 20 minutes ramp starting an A-10C and flying 100 miles to the IP is less fun when you're getting shot at by SU-27's. We need something to even the playing field for the high fidelity guys.

Give the guys in my squadron a solid multirole platform and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to trade blows with the FC3 crowd.

If they were going to do it then the transport would likely come first since they pretty much have to build it first anyway.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd like any of the F/A-18 C and up. I know that the newer the aircraft the harder it is to get the info needed to make the sim accurate. So, I'm not expecting the E or F to be made by DCS. And even if it is made by a 3rd party (Coretex Designs), I'd be surprised if it was a Study sim.

Now that DCS has the UH-1H and Mi-8M I'm hoping we see some two seat air craft like the AH-64 and F/A-18D or F made by DCS. Maybe that was why we only got single seat aircraft before. Plus, they'd have to model carrier landing accurately. I miss the manual carrier landings from Jane's F/A-18.

The F-16 followed by the F-22 would be my next choices.

Edited by Mindz i

F22 but any of F14,F15,F16,F18 and even F35A/B would be perfect

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.