Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

Apparently, it is going to be an F-15C.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. We need a multirole fighter. The F/A-18C will be neat but I want the F-16C the most right now. More mission possibilities, so many countries use it... Not to mention the availability of sim pit parts. The falcon guys have already done the work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sucks. We need a multirole fighter. The F/A-18C will be neat but I want the F-16C the most right now. More mission possibilities, so many countries use it... Not to mention the availability of sim pit parts. The falcon guys have already done the work.

I would take the 16 in a heartbeat! If they produce one to the same level as the A10C I would have 1 sim to rule them all.

• Like 1

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

While I would agree that BMS put out a nice product (I fly it too), I don't think it's the end-all-be-all of F-16s. I just can't see it being as simple as that (and really, it never is).

Unless ED & BMS are shaking hands at some kind of compatibility capability (yeah, no), you're leaving out a very large piece of the picture. Really, with that same reasoning, DCS: Hornet shouldn't be made because of VRS' product.

:doh:

In respect to the topic, I think that focusing strictly on the F-16 & F-18 is equally shortsighted. If ED releases either one of the multi-role airframes, it's safe to assume it'll impact future A-10 sales, leaving it pretty much to the die-hard Hog fans.

If a dedicated air superiority aircraft is released (F-15C), there's no encroaching between the roles, leaving an incentive to purchase/upgrade both.

Why?

It's a no-brainer that the typical modern military aviation simmer wants a fighter. The market has and no doubt will continue to demand it. What would be the incentive for the average desktop pilot to buy/upgrade the A-10 if the F-16/18 is released? Why would a new (or old) player buy the F-15 later if the 16/18 is released? Further, do you think the A-10 would have sold as well as it has if the 16/18 had been made before it?

My guess is hell no.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise if ED as a company capitalize on it for the sake of longevity. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to find out what decision was made...someday...or I might get fed up with this crap since DCS isn't the only modern high fidelity sim on the market anymore :music_whistling:

While I too am hopeful that the next aircraft is the F-16 or F-18 for my own selfish reasons, smart forward thinking points to the F-15C. DCS: Eagle would be aok in my book.

So yes I agree that it shouldn't be the F-16, the justification certainly isn't solely because of BMS.

Called it back in the beginning of 2012 :thumbup:

Called it back in the beginning of 2012 :thumbup:

I don't think that was a hard call, I'm sure a lot of people thought that. Now what would have been a real surprise is if ED would release an F-16 out of the blue!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I don't think that was a hard call, I'm sure a lot of people thought that. Now what would have been a real surprise is if ED would release an F-16 out of the blue!

I don't think that's necessarily true, nor as many as you would think. Remember, there were a lot of F/A-18 pictures, etc found on their Facebook, not forgetting the mention of the Hornet as a future release. Enough was out there to where someone could reasonably assume it would be "the one".

As far as the Viper, I think I would have laughed more about its release than be happy with it. By the list already provided, we'll see the F/A-18C before any variant of the F-16. Seems fair considering the Viper has a dedicated sim specifically for it (not that it's any reason to not make/add it). I would be glad to see ED leave it well enough alone for a while. Then again, multi-role aircraft is where you'll find the big bucks. You never know.

At this point who cares? Though not the Viper or Hornet, I'm very glad it's the Eagle. Hell, I would have been happy with a Russian fighter. We really need a DCS fast jet, regardless.

EDITS TO ADD:

Does anyone else find it ironic that, in contrast to the poll above, the first fast mover we get is the one with the least amount of votes?

Yet I bet it'll sell like hotcakes. Funny that.

Edited by Booger

You guys should note that the Eagle is developed by BST. ED is still commited to the Hornet, accoring to recent information.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

EDITS TO ADD:

Does anyone else find it ironic that, in contrast to the poll above, the first fast mover we get is the one with the least amount of votes?

Well F-15 was already in progress so perhaps people voted something else entirely since "we are getting that anyway" ? I wonder how many voters would have put it first if it wasn't being made already?

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

You guys should note that the Eagle is developed by BST. ED is still commited to the Hornet, accoring to recent information.

That was August last year right? When Wags said we wouldn't hear anything more for at least another year?

I don't think that's necessarily true, nor as many as you would think. Remember, there were a lot of F/A-18 pictures, etc found on their Facebook, not forgetting the mention of the Hornet as a future release. Enough was out there to where someone could reasonably assume it would be "the one".

As far as the Viper, I think I would have laughed more about its release than be happy with it. By the list already provided, we'll see the F/A-18C before any variant of the F-16. Seems fair considering the Viper has a dedicated sim specifically for it (not that it's any reason to not make/add it). I would be glad to see ED leave it well enough alone for a while. Then again, multi-role aircraft is where you'll find the big bucks. You never know.

At this point who cares? Though not the Viper or Hornet, I'm very glad it's the Eagle. Hell, I would have been happy with a Russian fighter. We really need a DCS fast jet, regardless.

EDITS TO ADD:

There's your reason right there... I fly Falcon BMS, but DCS is newer, and it would be great for all of us to be able to fly together. The Viper would sell great. Many air forces use it, and if they simply released an F-16C, most of the Falcon guys would want to check it out and rig their sims for DCS. BMS is great, but DCS needs the F-16C. I'm amazed they haven't done it yet. I am almost done with my A-10C pit, and I really want to do an F-16C next, but I'm firmly waiting on a Viper for DCS to begin work on it. I don't want to use BMS to run it. I have fought BMS for some time now, but my DCS works great. It would definitely make the Nevada map more fun if we had a Viper. The whole Red Flag idea sounds so much more fun with the Viper in the equation...Aggressor.... And not FC3 F-15C either. A full-fidelity Viper. Not sure who said it, but a few posts ago, someone said that ED should just make the AI aircraft one at a time first. I agree. Why add more when they could update each AI fighter to full-fidelity like the A-10C? That would make more sense. I wish they were all flyable in the same detail as the Hog. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. If we could have all the fighters flyable in detail, I would be satisfied with just that. Cockpits could be built for any plane in the game. I hope the Viper isn't just wishful thinking. Most of the people I talk to want the Viper as bad as I do. Only one way to find out, and that's to wait...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They should have started making a Phantom, in response to the MiG-21 getting released here soon.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

EDITS TO ADD:

There have been talks about the F-16 and F-18 for years. I started flying this game when it first came out and the talks were there when the 1st patch mentioned. Any fast fighter will sale good, you might laugh if it came out, but many others would be very happy.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well F-15 was already in progress so perhaps people voted something else entirely since "we are getting that anyway" ? I wonder how many voters would have put it first if it wasn't being made already?

That would hold true if the poll is something fairly recently added, or the vast majority of voting has been done as of late...but neither are not. It has been well established in values way before even the mention of BST's F-15C.

There's your reason right there... I fly Falcon BMS, but DCS is newer, and it would be great for all of us to be able to fly together. The Viper would sell great. Many air forces use it, and if they simply released an F-16C, most of the Falcon guys would want to check it out and rig their sims for DCS. BMS is great, but DCS needs the F-16C. I'm amazed they haven't done it yet. I am almost done with my A-10C pit, and I really want to do an F-16C next, but I'm firmly waiting on a Viper for DCS to begin work on it. I don't want to use BMS to run it. I have fought BMS for some time now, but my DCS works great. It would definitely make the Nevada map more fun if we had a Viper. The whole Red Flag idea sounds so much more fun with the Viper in the equation...Aggressor.... And not FC3 F-15C either. A full-fidelity Viper. Not sure who said it, but a few posts ago, someone said that ED should just make the AI aircraft one at a time first. I agree. Why add more when they could update each AI fighter to full-fidelity like the A-10C? That would make more sense. I wish they were all flyable in the same detail as the Hog. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. If we could have all the fighters flyable in detail, I would be satisfied with just that. Cockpits could be built for any plane in the game. I hope the Viper isn't just wishful thinking. Most of the people I talk to want the Viper as bad as I do. Only one way to find out, and that's to wait...

I'm not suggesting that the F-16 would be a bad choice for DCS. On the contrary, ANY aircraft of DCS quality is a good choice whether the plane is madly popular or not. In the end, someone wins.

Can you currently get your Viper fix? Yes, you can. Must be nice.

See my comments below regarding BMS.

There have been talks about the F-16 and F-18 for years. I started flying this game when it first came out and the talks were there when the 1st patch mentioned. Any fast fighter will sale good, you might laugh if it came out, but many others would be very happy.

I roughly did also & remember it well. Though, my amusement isn't for the reasons you suspect.

Though, I don't think hordes will come from BMS. Many? That's subjective, making the debate rather moot. Whole squadrons? I'm sure there will be a few. Nonetheless, DCS: Fighting Falcon wouldn't be the end-all for that community. For one, it's a great sim for those with less-than-great systems. Second, the dynamic campaign. Third, loyal Falcon users (even that "other version" of Falcon had a die-hard following, even after BMS was released). For as many who say they would love the F-16, I've also read comments from a great number of others who have suggested not leaving.

Nonetheless, I think we all are stating the same thing. It's a multi-role aircraft, of course it'll sell well. How it will compare to the Hornet will be quite interesting.

They should have started making a Phantom, in response to the MiG-21 getting released here soon.

Redding? Small world, neighbor.

It would be nice for partnering companies to build both an aircraft and an opposition equivalent. Though, I see many good aircraft being left out of the mix (primarily European) since the blue side focus has traditionally been the US.

The day that both the red/blue sides have a decent number of DCS aircraft to simulate an actual war with minimal airborne AI...yeah. Heaven.

T

I roughly did also & remember it well. Though, my amusement isn't for the reasons you suspect.

Though, I don't think hordes will come from BMS. Many? That's subjective, making the debate rather moot. Whole squadrons? I'm sure there will be a few. Nonetheless, DCS: Fighting Falcon wouldn't be the end-all for that community. For one, it's a great sim for those with less-than-great systems. Second, the dynamic campaign. Third, loyal Falcon users (even that "other version" of Falcon had a die-hard following, even after BMS was released). For as many who say they would love the F-16, I've also read comments from a great number of others who have suggested not leaving.

Hordes won't leave BMS because of the DC. The 16 would just fit in great in DCS...multirole and a bunch of different countries fly it. basically no matter what jet is made either F-18, F-15, Su-27, Mig-29...people are going to buy it. I'm sure in time we will see a DCS F-16.

That's the one of three things I want more than a Viper...

F-4E or G. Preferably a G,

an A-1H Skyraider,

an AH-1G Cobra,

and an O-2A Skymaster

These would be great along side the Huey. Oh, and a Nam map. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the F-4G might not be 100% accurate with the period! but it would work for 70s, 80s, and 90s missions. They did have Gs in the SE Asia paint job so I think that would work. And what tha hell, might as well throw on the F-111D while they're at it lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only problem with a phantom is getting dual seat to work.

Now a Northrop F-5, there's something I could get behind.

It would make for a great MiG-21 adversary too as it's much more nimble than the F4.

Eventually I'd love to see something like that for use as an aggressor in Nevada.

Someone could make a 'MiG-28' skin for it :D

Edited by howie87

someone said if release multirole fighter as F-16 or F/A-18 into the market will impact the sales of other as the A-10C? this is horrible wrong thinking, the lack of player in this games cause by lack of flyable aircraft, and 3D renderer quality, if look at the War Thunder, the server currently serving 15-20k players world wide, the flyable aircraft, the 3D renderer effect,....

I think the DCS should be releasing the current available aircraft in the DCS World first,

F/A-18C, F-16A, F-16C Block 52, F-15E, F-14, F-4?, F-5?, Harrier? where those were in current 1980s-1990s timeline,

Those F/A-18E, F/A-22, F-35, which was recent 2000s-2010s latest combat aircraft,

it will be unbalanced for the Russian side that currently still with the old Su-27 Flanker-B, Su-33, MIG-29A, MIG-29S, Su-25, Su-25T.

The F/A-18C, F-16C Block 52, F-15E, F-14, F-4?, F-5?, Harrier? should be out together with Su-27SM3, MIG-29M, MIG-25PDSL, Su-25KM, Su-24M2, MIG-23MLA, Mig-21Bis, Su-30?, Su-34?....

the F/A-18E should be out together with Su-35BM, MIG-35

the F/A-22 and F-35 should be out together with Sukhoi PAK-FA,

or just sale the aircraft in a package together with A-10C? just like the FC3? with pack of aircrafts?

Edited by JOKERACTS
  • Like 1