diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, is Superbug a term created by VRS for their FS add-on, or is it really what people are calling the Super Hornets?
Doesn't Super Hornet called 'Rhino'?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

This thread is a brain braker, and a great tease place for some people... :music_whistling: :D

Hmmm, like all other one's the next DCS module can be great...

Now for the plane, we can dream for know who is the beast who ED is going to make alive in DCS :alien:

I think we can all drink before any news, or just bring out champagne if in few days... (or week... or month... or ye... woouuppss sorry :music_whistling:) ED's said something like, it's an air to ground plane => :cry_2: an air to air plane :thumbup: or a multirole plane :gun_smilie: :drunk: :beer:

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

I remember how HUGELY Immersive the Old Jane's F-15 StrikeEagle was,You could switch cockpits between Pilot and WSO "Wizzo" It was fantastic to set up/lock ground targets in the back and jump in the front and regress from The Target area.
ํำYes, that sure was fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

ABCs

Thanks for the reply GG,

I'll give you F/A-18C/D from your list to add as a possibility - the USMC has single and dual seat (with WSO) variants in use. The only other operator of the D model for specific operational use is Malaysia. All other operators use the F/A-18B/D as a combat capable trainer. Operationally they would not have a dedicated back seater.

I was specifically referring to current operational types that have single and dual seat variants in use AND share a common cockpit architecture.

The F-15C/E combo does not fit. Practically two different aircraft. Cockpits and systems very different. You know that. Israel uses F-15Ds with a dedicated WSO, but less be honest - This role and weapon system is not going to be simulated, is it?

The F-5??? T-38...C'mon.

The point of my previous post was to highlight how few aircraft (sharing a similar front cockpit and systems) operate operationally as both single and two crew variants. Im not talking about combat capable twin seaters like USAF F-16Ds/F-15Ds, F/A-18Bs etc or trainers like the T-38.

The option list is small.

F/A-18E/F

F-16D Blk 52 (Israel/Singapore etc..)

and you add F/A-18D to the list.

I can't think of any others.

With only 2 world-wide users of the F/A-18F, I would think that the fan base for an F-16 would be MUCH larger - and the potential to make more $$$ greater, hence the likelihood of an F-16 sim better. There is a huge pool of F4 BMS/FF/OF "pilots" ready to jump in too. As I have said previously, this commentary excludes DCS having contracts for a particular aircraft and driving their commercial development. If is is a consumer sim-commercial only decision - We WILL se an F-16. I hope!!

Yes I know carrier ops would be great if done right.

PLEASE GIVE US THE VIPER!!! Single/Dual seat block 50/52/52+/MLU, etc...

Imagine being able to select an F-16 user nation and then flying correctly painted/configured aircraft. Or choosing a variant based on mission desires/planning needs - a single seater, say for an A2A/SEAD mission OR Two seat Pilot/WSO variant on a strike/CAS mission in a big spine -52+ with conformal tanks, TGP etc with a buddy doing the other seat.

Many simmers will also be able to "fly" for their own country due to the proliferation of this aircraft type.

The community could be used to develop the variants too - with specific systems (i.e. Carapice for Belguim's MLUs)/munitions (Asraam.IRIS-T etc..) and of course paint schemes - everything from squadrons/special schemes like Tiger Meet, even the T-Birds!

There must be 20 countries using these more advanced F-16s all over the world.

It is also possible to imagine that F-16 operators could face each other on combat - Turkey V Greece, Israel Vs ?. I don't want to go into politics, but there are possibilities for a theatre featuring adversarial F-16s. Eastern MED/Middle East/North Africa etc......

Friendly F-16s meet at Nellis all the time anyway....Im sure the community would accept this theatre for starters! Some friendly A2A, rear aspect heaters and guns... with various aggressor schemed F-16s - chuck in USN paints too....... AWESOME!!!

Just some thoughts

Coming up with new F-16 sims won't be easy as F4/BMS/FF/OF has already set the standard. :joystick: ED won't be able to make much out of it unless they can surpass the current standard by large margin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

G'day Thai,

I agree - What the F-4 developments lack is mainly in the graphics department. I personally would be happy with BMS or similar if it looked like DCS A-10C as a MINIMUM.

That won't be enough for many, even me in the long term. There can be many more improvements - GUI, terrain, stability, Aircraft system modelling.

The standard is high and that is a great thing - F4 is about 12 -13 years old and has only just started to lose its reign of king go high fidelity simulations now - to DCS A-10C.

The true successor needs to be an after burning multi role fighter, (not a slow, ugly mud mover ;-) I see A-10C as an entree - a taste that we have because a military contract made it so.

I foresee that the next high fidelity sim are fortunate to get as a community might have to last us a very long time. The aircraft represented needs to still be in service for the life of the simulation. While the F-16C is not the latest and greatest, it is realistic to develop an accurate simulation of its systems - It will remain in current inventory around the world for many years. Still in production.

It will be many years before we could expect an accurate simulation of any Generation 5 fighter or other 4.5 fighter for that matter. (due to classified systems/lack of information etc...)

Upgraded F/A-18C? Yes I can imagine it. I would expect carrier ops to be implemented form the get go though. YES I would love it - Absolutely. Do I think its going to happen? NO. No longer in production either.

Seven G on the horizon - looks promising, crowded waters for a legacy Hornet with no viable F-16 sim?

F/A-18E/F - pure guess work if it is block II with AESA or an F model. , why bother if its a block I, fan base?

May I add - with respect to implementing two seat operations with front and back JHMCS, Data link, task sharing, AESA simultaneous mode operation, Targeting pods, etc etc...The USN and RAAF are still learning how to best operate the Jet. How would we hope to learn it sufficiently to realistically simulate its use? It, and I assume the later F-15E variants are the same, are BRUTALLY complicated from a crew interaction/task sharing perspective. Good luck, leave me with a single seater thanks, unless any real life WSO wants to back seat me!

Basically I am wanting this next aircraft ASAP. I have been waiting since 1998 for the "next and best". If I can get another F-16 faster- Great!!

If it is not an after-burning, western built, generation 4 or later multi role fighter, I will STILL be waiting. I'm not getting younger.

Take your pick DCS, just put us all out of our misery and tell us what the future holds.

Please circle acceptable correct answer:

DCS: F-16C VIPER

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Over and out

G'day Thai,

I agree - What the F-4 developments lack is mainly in the graphics department. I personally would be happy with BMS or similar if it looked like DCS A-10C as a MINIMUM.

That won't be enough for many, even me in the long term. There can be many more improvements - GUI, terrain, stability, Aircraft system modelling.

The standard is high and that is a great thing - F4 is about 12 -13 years old and has only just started to lose its reign of king go high fidelity simulations now - to DCS A-10C.

The true successor needs to be an after burning multi role fighter, (not a slow, ugly mud mover ;-) I see A-10C as an entree - a taste that we have because a military contract made it so.

I foresee that the next high fidelity sim are fortunate to get as a community might have to last us a very long time. The aircraft represented needs to still be in service for the life of the simulation. While the F-16C is not the latest and greatest, it is realistic to develop an accurate simulation of its systems - It will remain in current inventory around the world for many years. Still in production.

It will be many years before we could expect an accurate simulation of any Generation 5 fighter or other 4.5 fighter for that matter. (due to classified systems/lack of information etc...)

Upgraded F/A-18C? Yes I can imagine it. I would expect carrier ops to be implemented form the get go though. YES I would love it - Absolutely. Do I think its going to happen? NO. No longer in production either.

Seven G on the horizon - looks promising, crowded waters for a legacy Hornet with no viable F-16 sim?

F/A-18E/F - pure guess work if it is block II with AESA or an F model. , why bother if its a block I, fan base?

May I add - with respect to implementing two seat operations with front and back JHMCS, Data link, task sharing, AESA simultaneous mode operation, Targeting pods, etc etc...The USN and RAAF are still learning how to best operate the Jet. How would we hope to learn it sufficiently to realistically simulate its use? It, and I assume the later F-15E variants are the same, are BRUTALLY complicated from a crew interaction/task sharing perspective. Good luck, leave me with a single seater thanks, unless any real life WSO wants to back seat me!

Basically I am wanting this next aircraft ASAP. I have been waiting since 1998 for the "next and best". If I can get another F-16 faster- Great!!

If it is not an after-burning, western built, generation 4 or later multi role fighter, I will STILL be waiting. I'm not getting younger.

Take your pick DCS, just put us all out of our misery and tell us what the future holds.

Please circle acceptable correct answer:

DCS: F-16C VIPER

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Over and out

Well, I do get you point but that also mean the opportunity for ED to make training module for aircraft that has JHMCS is also there. I'd love to see DCS: F/A-18F Super Hornet Block II :D

why don't we get some Russian jet steel? I would love to fly a flanker or fulcrum with DCS fidelity. Hell, let's bring on the 29OVT!
That'd nice for a change but you'll need to wait til after DCS: Next since ED already told us that DCS: Next will be U.S. fixed-wing. :pilotfly:
Edited by thaisocom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just so some people know what it is ya'll are talking about.

JHMCS

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/jhmcs/index.html

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

"EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE" (wags)

I hope it's a Russian fighter.

Just need to wait and see then. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What does wags want to tell us by saying" Everything is subject to change."

The plan of DCS 3 has been cancelled? He quite his job? I noticed that he used to be ED producter ,now he is just producer. What had happened?

Edited by jp203000

It means exactly what it says, nothing more, nothing less. People need to stop inferring additional meaning to every word that is spoken by the ED staff.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It means exactly what it says, nothing more, nothing less. People need to stop inferring additional meaning to every word that is spoken by the ED staff.

No one can stop them!

:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I'm happy with the Hawg and I'll still be flying her for years to come. Of course I have aircraft that I want to be made but at the end of the day my second love in life, the Hawg (1st is the Tomcat obviously) is always ready to go. If I spent half as much time as you guys spent arguing, guessing, preaching and whining about which aircraft is superior, should be chosen by ED, etc. I would have over 1,000 hours of flight time with the Hawg.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I'm happy with the Hawg and I'll still be flying her for years to come. Of course I have aircraft that I want to be made but at the end of the day my second love in life, the Hawg (1st is the Tomcat obviously) is always ready to go. If I spent half as much time as you guys spent arguing, guessing, preaching and whining about which aircraft is superior, should be chosen by ED, etc. I would have over 1,000 hours of flight time with the Hawg.

That's because A10 is you second favorite aircraft , and Tomcat by no means is going to be the next DCS aircraft . so you have nothing to look forward to . Lots of people like me are different ,we just like a10 ,and enjoy it , but we prefer flying a fighter . so we check the site day by day to find news which can satisfy our curiosity . we can say we will still do it in joint effort untill they tell us the truth.

Edited by jp203000