Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next DCS should be the F-15E Strike Eagle!!!

Just my opinion. Who doesnt want to fly a fighter the size of a tennis court around the sky. I think the strike eagle looks a lot better than the eagle because of its awesome color.

There havent been any goods sims of this bird anyways, I think it deserves one.

http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Nellis09Sat-204C.jpg

http://files.air-attack.com/MIL/f15/f15afghanistan_20081109.jpg

http://chamorrobible.org/images/photos/gpw-20050822-UnitedStatesAirForce-030624-F-8833H-050-F-15E-Strike-Eagle-fighter-jets-Sawtooth-Mountain-Range-Idaho-20030624-other.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/9/3/3/0643339.jpg

http://dlr.thexhunters.com/info/red_flag08-22_03.jpg

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Oh, you're probably too young to remember this hotness and its prequels. :D

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

You could say the same thing about almost every aircraft besides the F-16.

Oh, you're probably too young to remember this hotness and its prequels. :D

Dude, the page says..

If you have a fast 386 or any 486 there is still plenty of fun to be had in this sim.

Good god.

Edited by Booger

there are uncountable number of threads with "what the next DCS plane should be" (or something like that). So if I may ask, could you keep the forum clean and post in a thread that has been older and well under way?

The chit-chat section looks good for a thread like this one :smilewink:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I think the situation with "We want ... for the next DCS module" has reached a point where it requires a serious measures to be undertaken. And so, the next one who starts a new thread like this will receive my special breed of rabbits by mail. You may laugh but I'm breeding rabbits for years and I know how to isolate and strengthen certain traits. Here's what happened to a guy who were supposed to look after them and left one cage and the kitchen door open (a camera recording)...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Bucic/DCSforum/avatar1_1_mod.gif

Edited by Bucic

...would be more than disappointed if there really wont be any two seaters in DCS in the future. :(:(:(

just imagine how flying together in one aircraft will improve the gamefun!!!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

DCS:AT802U. It will be awesome. :)

The fighter jockeys will be upset if the third DCS module is a striker, though... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just my opinion. Who doesnt want to fly a fighter the size of a tennis court around the sky. I think the strike eagle looks a lot better than the eagle because of its awesome color.

Agreed!!!

...and in multiplayer we should be able to join as a RIO, a bomb or missile.

Or maybe players should be able to join as a button or a handle.

My favorite is the EJECT handle!!

Maybe an armed version of the challenger with dogfight capabilities could also be awesome... :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

So let me get this straight you want the next DCS Module to be based on aesthetics?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

...would be more than disappointed if there really wont be any two seaters in DCS in the future. :(:(:(

just imagine how flying together in one aircraft will improve the gamefun!!!

Digital Integration successfully created the HIND and AH-64D Apache with the 2 seat functionality.. I know I know.. Its been a million years ago but it was fun. When you switched to back seat, the front seat would take control of the aircraft (basically like an autopilot) and you could search and destroy targets without having to worry about smashing into the ground.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Again, read Ed Macy's 'Apache' and 'Hellfire' for an example of why two seaters won't be implemented in a way that can match up to expectations.

For AI control whilst you occupy the other seat, you'd need stupendously good AI for it to be of any worth, with some sort of amazing ability to communicate fast and effectively and behave in a human-like fashion. Alternatively, you could have no AI, and thus eliminate flying that aircraft for the vast majority of users, including ALL solo/offline play, ie thin an already sparse client base.

I've had the tank commander in Steel Beasts (good tank sim) swing my gun tube away from the obvious tank threat to the harmless infantry once too many times to trust an AI to do anything other than a terminally frustrating job.

So, the choices:

- Stupid AI control, with ensuing bug fixing, development time, and whinging.

- No AI, and therefore no solo play.

Logical?

Your basing your conclusion on using AI manning the second seat while you toggle from "front to back". That in itself isn't realistic.

There is indeed the potential of solo play with two seaters, unfortunately very limited...and to the pilot only. You don't need a RIO/gunner/etc in order to fly an aircraft but you obviously DO need them to conduct combat ops.

I haven't flown FSX, but from what I've read it's possible to sit in the same cockpit with the pilot of an aircraft. How good/bad they've done it, I honestly don't know.

Is it possible? Sure it is. Is it feasible? That remains to be seen.

Anyway, the concept is wonderful for those already in squadrons since you can simply swap roles with your fellow pilot. Unfortunately it completely eliminates any/all casual flyers who sim solo.

AI RIO/gunner option? Possible. I suspect it would really be no different than the current wingman as far as communication.

So let me get this straight you want the next DCS Module to be based on aesthetics?

Well thats a majority of it. The F-16 and F-15E have about the same strike capabilities. How else are we supposed to decide. I wanted an english strike fighter not russian. That about narrows it down.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70