FC2 crash when cycle trough weapons

HiJack

Just for further data.

I too am experiencing this crash, only in the A10 and only when switching weapons with the D key.

I am using a cougar. Not using profile, just mapping keys direct to the stick.

My system specs:

WIN7 64

I7 920 @ 4ghz, running default speed had no effect.

X58 w/ latest bios

6 G DDR3 1600

RAD 5870 with cat 10.2

SB Xfi xteme gamer

Also, fault only occurs in fullscreen mode.

SOLUTION:

Stablish the FPS limit at "90 fps", in graphics.cfg

You don´t will see the ctd anymore

Regards !

FC

Oh well, I always had that setting limited, also in Ka-50. Right now at 60, the same as my screen vertical refresh, and never had the ctd.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

SOLUTION:

Regards !

FC

This only limits the frequency the crash occurs, but yes the bug is fps related

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

SOLUTION:

Regards !

FC

Confirmed!

Updated to the catalyst 10.3 which crashed after several seconds of cycling trough the weapons. Changed the MaxFPS to 90 and was cycling for 1 minute trough the weapons and NO crash.

Thank you very much!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

So change the line MaxFPS = 0 to MaxFPS = 90? Or 90 fps? or does it need the "" marks...ie "90 fps"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Instead of messing with config files you could just leave vsync on in your video driver so framrate is caped at 60(or whatever refresh rate you run at)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Well i followed the instruction on limiting my fps from the graphics.cfg to 90 and i haven't crashed since Offline/Online.

( SLI 280 SSC) ( W7U x64 )

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Slayer is right, but i have Win 7 and ATI, my V-sync doesen't work without Rivatuner D3DOoverrider program, at least when i have choosen in game "Full Screen" option, without it no problem.

V-Sync is really good, no cockpit tearing at all when you use TiR, and that 60fps is really enough :)

Kankkis

Got the same problem here, crashing when cycling weapons in A10, but only after several cycles through weapons.

System Win 7 64bit HP

i7 930 @ 4Ghz

ATI 5850 Cat 10.3

6Gb Ram,

Track IR4

X52Pro Flight Stick and Rudder Pedals.

To change the config file to set Max fps, I need to use Notepad ++ or something don't I?

or would I be better using the Rivatuner (not tried it yet)?

Went for the Rivatuner D3DOverrider programme. No crashes so far, my FPS is capped at around 60, but that's good enough. Tried using Wordpad or Notepad in XP to alter a config file on Black Shark about a year ago and it trashed my install, so I'm wary of using Win 7 Wordpad.

Edited by andyfoot

• 3 weeks later...

I am still having FC 2 crashes. I've completely changed the driver by running Phyxion.net's Driver Sweeper. I guarantee you, I have the latest and greatest WHDC certified nVidia driver verson 197.45 for Win7@32. It is definitely Simulator.exe that's crashing but the modules that cause the crash change. The last crash had nvlsp.dll locked up.

I signed on multiplayer and ran in observer mode for over two hours. I followed, by F11 and mouse, an F-15 through an engagement. Then, CTD. There was no other input from me to cause this. I had TIR running as was X-52 but not actively getting input from me.

Since so many people are running FC 2 with no issues, I am inclined to believe it is my LockOn install. I shall do a clean install, just to make sure. (If I can fly for two hours before I get a CTD, how can it be a bad install???)

One detail I found, when CTD, the cursor fails to be painted in any other window except the error message. (Unless, that is, if the cursor goes to my second monitor. Then the cursor is fine.) That might help point out the problem.

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

Thanks for the reports, we are investigating this.

I turned of fullscreen to get rid of tearing textures & reduce stutter.

Fullscreen also disables Vsync.

Can also reproduce weapons cycle crash with FS on (need to cycle fast multiple times though). No error message just ends mission back to normal UI

Hi AA settings seem to make things worse also. (ATI 4850 x 2)

Cheers

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Instead of messing with config files you could just leave vsync on in your video driver so framrate is caped at 60(or whatever refresh rate you run at)

For me Full Screen disables/overide Vsync on ATI 4850s.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

nvlsp.dll is part of NVIDIA nTune. Could you try to uninstall it and perform some tests flights without it.

BTW it's a rather old utility, the latest version dated 2007.09.19. So it can be a good idea to move to another product for monitoring and tweaking your graphics card.

I am still having FC 2 crashes. I've completely changed the driver by running Phyxion.net's Driver Sweeper. I guarantee you, I have the latest and greatest WHDC certified nVidia driver verson 197.45 for Win7@32. It is definitely Simulator.exe that's crashing but the modules that cause the crash change. The last crash had nvlsp.dll locked up.

I signed on multiplayer and ran in observer mode for over two hours. I followed, by F11 and mouse, an F-15 through an engagement. Then, CTD. There was no other input from me to cause this. I had TIR running as was X-52 but not actively getting input from me.

Since so many people are running FC 2 with no issues, I am inclined to believe it is my LockOn install. I shall do a clean install, just to make sure. (If I can fly for two hours before I get a CTD, how can it be a bad install???)

One detail I found, when CTD, the cursor fails to be painted in any other window except the error message. (Unless, that is, if the cursor goes to my second monitor. Then the cursor is fine.) That might help point out the problem.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

Ntune is very dangerous to use, some driver versions and graphic card combinations will cause the GPU fan to stick at minimum and overheat your card. I lost one of my 8800 GTX's due to this.

EVGA precision is a great utility to monitor or tweak your cards and it has a histogram to see what your temps were while you were playing the game etc. You have to register at EVGA to get it but it works on pretty much any Nvidia card and they keep it updated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

nvlsp is a network driver (of all things), and must be part of nvidia's awful (it really was) 'game prioritised network' QoS driver in their forceware drivers.

These would cause me to have many hard and random lockups when playing games - even non-network / single-player only ones - that I thought I had an acute overheating or faulty RAM problem for a while initially.

Getting rid of that was the best thing I did on this system build.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]