F-15C Cockpit Upgrade

DoctorK

F-15C Cockpit Upgrade for FC2 and 1.1

EDIT: Slightly brighter version 1.01 is available.

Visual Upgrades:

- New HUD

- New Canopy Frame

- New Mirrors

- New Gauge Light Color

- Improved HUD Control Panel Outline

and small refinements everywhere.

Functional Upgrades:

- Fully Visible Annunciator Panel

- Corrected ADI Waterline

- Recalibrated Speed Meter

ModMan compatible.

Normal Version;

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=269&lid=1772&title=F-15C%20Cockpit%20Upgrade#dldetails

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cdb43/n/F-15CockpitUpgrade101.zip

Fake Mirror Version for those who don't use mirrors;

See the second image attached.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=269&lid=1773&title=F-15C%20Cockpit%20Upgrade%20with%20Fake%20Mirrors#dldetails

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cde7c/n/F-15CockpitUpgrade101FakeMirrors_zip

FullView.thumb.jpg.0fb457355b3f1a9b4066e00a47bec766.jpg

FullViewFakeMirrors.thumb.jpg.3c31c1b6cca6c34a93b731966e3eec89.jpg

Upper.thumb.jpg.b6aefadf1678b78a64b3008c476ca537.jpg

Lower.thumb.jpg.c40b13f93de469a61ba2b75e8c878466.jpg

CockpitLight.thumb.jpg.166f1f7be0754f86c968ba6189ae0e7c.jpg

Edited by DoctorK
  • Like 12

F-15C Cockpit Upgrade for FC2 and 1.1

Visual Upgrades:

- New HUD

- New Canopy Frame

- New Mirrors

- New Gauge Light Color

- Improved HUD Control Panel Outline

and small refinements everywhere.

Functional Upgrades:

- Fully Visible Annunciator Panel

- Corrected ADI Waterline

- Recalibrated Speed Meter

ModMan compatible.

Normal Version;

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cc378/n/F-15CockpitUpgrade.zip

Fake Mirror Version for those who don't use mirrors;

See the second image attached.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1cc456/n/F-15CockpitUpgradeFakeMirrors.zip

DoctorK, I'm really liking the canopy rail, though it could be a bit lighter, imo, but that's just me. Very nice job.

I am working on a similar project, focusing mostly on gauges and the functional aspect fo the cockpit. I would love to collaborate with you if that sounds good to you. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Again, nice work. I would never have had to courage to tackle the canopy rail texture.

Aero

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I brighten the rail a bit. See the first post.

The collaboration is welcome. You can combine my work with yours.

DoctorK, I'm really liking the canopy rail, though it could be a bit lighter, imo, but that's just me. Very nice job.

I am working on a similar project, focusing mostly on gauges and the functional aspect fo the cockpit. I would love to collaborate with you if that sounds good to you. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Again, nice work. I would never have had to courage to tackle the canopy rail texture.

Aero

• Like 2

I love a good Cockpit mod:smilewink: And this one is excellent TYVM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Aero

I am trying to merge what you have Arrow now as your hi-res gauges, MPCD and TEWS are better than the stock. DoctorK's mod unfortunately disables your mod files that are placed in the temptexture folder. A collaboration would be nice.

Fantastic work! :)

Im getting a corrupt file warning with the darker version ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

One big reason in itself to use this mod, you can ACTUALLY SEE the airbrake indicator now! :D

screenshot004jc.jpg

really, this is a excellent mod guys, HIGHLY recommended :thumbup:

Wow so F-15 has brake indicator :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Nice mod!

Quick question though... the white "glass like" line across the middle of the HUD, is that by design or an artifact?! Or is this some sort of double HUD glass effect? U can see it clearly on the screenies in the first post...

Dont know of any real HUD pix to compare this with....

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Nice mod!

Quick question though... the white "glass like" line across the middle of the HUD, is that by design or an artifact?! Or is this some sort of double HUD glass effect? U can see it clearly on the screenies in the first post...

Dont know of any real HUD pix to compare this with....

I had the same question, don't know if this is an F-15 hud, but it was on google

picture search keywords "F-15 hud" hud-face2.jpg

It seems that given the angles required on the "beam splitters",

or whatever theyre called for a hud, that you need 2 plates.

I think a better solution would be a horizontally mounted image source,

a mirror and then a single beam splitter plate, but I guess it is not used

in aircraft. (or just mount the image source from a diff angle)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Maybe they have the image source from a diff angle in newer eagles to

prevent the need for 2 plates?

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Well it looks to be that its a RL feature of F15 HUD, at least judging from that pic... so i guess the mod replicates this... although would be great for someone whos in the know to shed light on this?

I'm not eactly in the know, but I do know this line created from the 2 different glass plates should be nearly invisible. The glass is beveled to match the angle of the line of sight so that this does not distract the pilot. While this feature reflects the real aircraft, I believe it's a bit much.

DoctorK, I was looking through your mod. I take it you modified the F-15 kabina.cmd file. This is to reveal the F-15 speedbrake indicator along with a few other modifications?

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Wow so F-15 has brake indicator :D

uh yes if you would look down in the pit once in awhile you can see all kinds of stuff indicated. lol

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||