DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hello, guys!

I'm a beginner here and I have a question.

When I'm landing at A-10A (Lock On FC2) using ILS approach, the glide path, indicated at ADI and HUD, leads the aircraft not to the edge of runway, but to the point about 2600 ft further. I wonder, if it the same in reality?

If I maintain altitude slightly below recommended glide path, intending to touch down close to the edge of runway, the ATC says me repeatedly: "You are below glide path. You are below glide path . You are below glide path… ", getting me nervous.

Edited by Foreigner =139=

Whippler, here's an informative thread on EAC:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71268&highlight=eac

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Well, I've searched and searched but I cant find it...how do you get the 3D pilot to show up in the cockpit view?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

Personal Texture for A-10C

Sorry i searched the Forum 2 hours but i did not find any answers about changing the looking of the A-10C ingame. I want my Pilot name and my sign on the A-10. Coud someone pls help me. Regards Sharkie

Edited by Sharkie

Sorry i searched the Forum 2 hours but i did not find any answers about changing the looking of the A-10C ingame. I want my Pilot name and my sign on the A-10. Coud someone pls help me. Regards Sharkie

I don't think you can just enter a name and have it show up (good idea, though). There are skin templates that you can edit here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/misc/a-10c_model_templates/

Then you can select your custom skin in-game.

DCS Wiki! :book:

Hi,

Id like to confirm (perhaps I will reinstall od DCS A10 to SSD drive)

ALL MY FILES (like profiles of HOTAS, settings of options and keys, progress in Campaigne, logbook, medals ect) are saved in:

C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS Warthog

(not in game folder?)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Also in the video the caution lamps appear blue. Are they green or blue?

I HAVE seen pictures of A-10 cockpits with apparently more green lights, but those cockpits are so cobbled together from scattered parts that you can't know how it should look from photos...

Hello! New pilot in the forum! :)

Last night I was playing the first C-SAR mission in the "The Shore" campaign and had almost removed all threats around the pilot when 2 MiG-29 got reported from the AWACS some 50 NM from me and my flight.

I figured, alright, the 6 CAP F15Es will take care of it, but 5 minutes later the 29s appeared on my radar warning and some seconds later shot all my flight down, while observing the F15Es not moving at all from their CAP orbit...

Is this bad mission design or simply bad AI?

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

I probably am in not a position to judge this as I am still waiting for the steam release, but from everything I have seen, is there a reason why ED reverted to weak smoke effects for the missiles (mavericks especially)? I mean watch a video on youtube and you can see the smoke should be thick and full. In-game it just is very light and doesn't look that good at all.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Last night I was playing the first C-SAR mission in the "The Shore" campaign and had almost removed all threats around the pilot when 2 MiG-29 got reported from the AWACS some 50 NM from me and my flight.

I figured, alright, the 6 CAP F15Es will take care of it, but 5 minutes later the 29s appeared on my radar warning and some seconds later shot all my flight down, while observing the F15Es not moving at all from their CAP orbit...

Ask this guy: http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=79821 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Id like to confirm (perhaps I will reinstall od DCS A10 to SSD drive)

ALL MY FILES (like profiles of HOTAS, settings of options and keys, progress in Campaigne, logbook, medals ect) are saved in:

C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS Warthog

(not in game folder?)

Yup, same question here. I'm kinda used to having them saved in the installation folder. I clean the album every other month removing some crappy shots so it doesn't fill up my partition, and I don't wanna lose them during system reinstallation.

I wonder if there's a way to change this setting back.

Haven't played the mission but had a quick look in the editor; the closest friendly CAP to the extraction area will only engage targets about 40 km past it. So if you're in that area, there's a good chance the MiGs will be able to fire on you before the F-15s get into range. The other flight of two are even further back and will only engage targets that are out over the sea.

I think the best thing to do would be to try running away until it's safe, if at all possible. Even if the F-15s do engage, there's no guarantee they'll win.

Also, there's up to three pairs of MiGs that can come after you. Not all at the same time, though.

Yesterday i also started "The Shore" campaign and had a similar problem. I have cleared the extraction zone and called the black hawk.

After he had arrived at the pilot, the black hawk began to hover. About 5 mins later Migs showed up and i had to RTB.

Black Hawk was still hovering and was shot down by the Migs.

So every time i play this mission the black hawk gets stuck while he hovers near the pilot.

any advice? :)

Yellow tick

What is the yellow tick or line outside the airspeed indicator? It seems to mark 205 knots or there about.

Anything special about this airspeed?

It reminds me of other types of airspeed indications in other aircraft: maximum flap operating speed and the like.

Just wondering. Not important, but this is the question thread. :)

asi.jpg.94af36cd7fbb5cbbf6a1d873817a8bf0.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for that link! Great reading!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Ask and you shall...

Thank you, Sir.

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

That's all it is.

It reminds me of other types of airspeed indications in other aircraft: maximum flap operating speed and the like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda