DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

True but that’s mostly through habit because more often than not we don’t operate with a JTAC. But VHF/AM is the normal radio for flight comms so the post you quoted is spot on.

So what I said is correct ?

What is the difference between a package and a flight ? Package is a more than one flight with the same tasking ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

So what I said is correct ?

What is the difference between a package and a flight ? Package is a more than one flight with the same tasking ?

Yes more or less. AFAIK a "package" is a set of flights that have the same overall goal, not necessarily the same tasking: you could have a single package comprised of a SEAD flight and a strike flight for example.

Got it. Thank you Eddie and Gliptal.

BTW, I heard that someone from the 476th have had the luck to try out a real Warthog sim and the engines had more umph. Could be part of the newer suits ?

I believe the engines have been the same since the A model.

I believe the engines have been the same since the A model.

My point was, the engines on the USAF sim seem to be more powerful than the ones we got. The suit being newer was just a reason I thought it might be so.

And again, that is just a story I heard

'Shadow'

We had many threads about this already, and it goes in the way same all the time. I think unless someone proves the TF34 is underpowered, ED won't change anything (even though Yo-Yo last year said TF34 in DCS had issues IIRC).

And I honestly don't know, Yo-Yo explained many times why the TF34 does not reach higher ITT values. I'd be sad if it's true though :(

Also, we don't really have many tools or ways to measure the force (i.e thrust) produced but the TF34s in DCS, so measuring that would be quite difficult.

Well, this going a bit OT now, but...

If anyone is to prove or provide data on such a topic, it would be ED themselves. They are the closest to the military data. But I am guessing, that it might be like this due to an agreement. So, I am not really hoping on any changes or updates to the A-10.

Or it could even be down to the aerodynamics modeled in DCS

Even wiki says that it cruises at 300 knots. :music_whistling: Don't butcher me for mentioning the forbidden name.

I'd have no need for a Harrier if that was the case.

Maybe next time, Snoopy should ask if they can show him a engine performance chart :lol:

If you think about it, the only disadvantage the Hawg has in DCS is its speed. With that changed it would be really be the best CAS platform

and besides if so many people wanna keep this platform going (RL) and keep upgrading it. If they thought the engines were under performing, they would have upgraded them.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

I try to use the F10 map as little as possible to keep things as realistic as possible but one thing I have trouble doing in DCS is navigating through the airbase and getting myself onto the runway...

Is there anyway to know where you spawn in, and to know what turns to make to get onto the runway, without using the F10 map?

I try to use the F10 map as little as possible to keep things as realistic as possible but one thing I have trouble doing in DCS is navigating through the airbase and getting myself onto the runway...

Is there anyway to know where you spawn in, and to know what turns to make to get onto the runway, without using the F10 map?

You could have it in the briefing, use F2 or F11...but why is F10 non realistic? Pilots carry maps and they could mark known position of friendly or enemy among other things.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Check your DCS installation folder and then Docs\ for some ground charts (at least in 1.5, not sure about Nevada and Normandy). These are really cool to get an idea of the airbase and they also include names of aprons, parking areas and taxiways. :thumbup:

Figuring out the spawn position, I don't know the perfect way. I mostly use the F2 view to get an idea where I am and then go from memory or use the ground charts.

But I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with using the F10 map for this purpose, too. IRL I guess pilots would actually know where they are on a base. Or they could ask the crew chief in case they really don't. :P

Edit: :gun_sniper:

Or they could ask the crew chief in case they really don't. :P

We don't know, so don't ask us. :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why is it that sometimes the TAD cursor slews very fast, and at other times much slower? It doesn't have to do with zoom level, i find that one minute the hook cursor slews fine and the next it is extremely fast

Never experienced that issue, hence unable to answer the question. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On the maverick camera there is a T-shaped cross that moves around to show you where the maverick is pointing relative to your aircraft.

what does it mean when you lock a target and this cross flashes?

When the Maverick has locked on to a target, the Pointing Cross that represents the

pointing angle of the Maverick in relation to the aircraft’s longitudinal axis will flash.

Page 570 of the manual

To whom it may concern,

Page 570 of the manual

Page 570 states: "When the Maverick has locked on to a target, the Pointing Cross that represents the pointing angle of the Maverick in relation to the aircraft’s longitudinal axis will flash"

I know, I have established that already :smilewink:

But what does the flashing cross MEAN? As I have heard that it means that the lock/thermal contrast is not strong, or that it is off boresight. Just wondering if these are true or if it simply means that the Maverick is locked on to the thermal image

Page 570 states: "When the Maverick has locked on to a target, the Pointing Cross that represents the pointing angle of the Maverick in relation to the aircraft’s longitudinal axis will flash"

I know, I have established that already :smilewink:

But what does the flashing cross MEAN? As I have heard that it means that the lock/thermal contrast is not strong, or that it is off boresight. Just wondering if these are true or if it simply means that the Maverick is locked on to the thermal image

I don't know why I bother. The manual tells us that within DCS A-10C module, the AGM-65 is lock, the pointing cross flashes. So you say;" you have established that already" What have you established? You ask what does it mean? that the missile is lock :doh: I'm out.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I don't know why I bother. The manual tells us that within DCS A-10C module, the AGM-65 is lock, the pointing cross flashes. So you say;" you have established that already" What have you established? You ask what does it mean? that the missile is lock :doh: I'm out.

My bad:doh::D just don't know why I've heard so many other things about it representing a bad lock, etc