Hotas Warthog Priced

• backlit switches
  • metal backlit switches
  • metal weighted backlit switches that go "thunk" apparantly

Also, (bringing myself off my cloud a little), DCS:A-10 will use ALL of those lovely MFD switches and buttons straight out of the box. No more "LSHIFT-RALT-T, (NUM LOCK ON)", key combinations.

My other half spied the amazon page with my order the other day and was "shocked" that I was going to pay £320 for a hobby. A quick few queries into how much she spent on handbags, etc because she needed "something to go with...[insert other expensive item]", shut her up. Honestly! If i was spending that kind of money on druge every week, people would be patting me on the back and giving me leaflets.

Edited by coolts
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other half spied the amazon page with my order the other day and was "shocked" that I was going to pay £320 for a hobby. A quick few queries into how much she spent on handbags, etc because she needed "something to go with...[insert other expensive item]", shut her up. Honestly! If i was spending that kind of money on druge every week, people would be patting me on the back and giving me leaflets.

LOL :lol:

• Like 1

A quick few queries into how much she spent on handbags, etc because she needed "something to go with...[insert other expensive item]", shut her up.

And how are you finding sleeping on the couch? Its kind of like camping really....

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

And how are you finding sleeping on the couch? Its kind of like camping really....

Its nearer the fridge and TV :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

See? all advantages. If you get hungry you can always get the american pie! :D (j/k)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hiya Conuk - hows tings? your new little'un giving you any free flying time?

The page has vanished but the pre-orders stand, (for now). I haven't had the "order cancelled" email yet. Ive been half expecting it to be honest.

I reckon TM told Amazon to remove the page until they have a definite release date.

Maybe the speedbrake switches are misaligned ;)

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey coolts fine mate - been Iracing a bit lately ..... but got the urge to get a Warthog... why ? I dunno lol.... nuthing wrong with the Cougar but still.....

lucky I guess the page is down.... maybe maybe .... chaching !!!!!

speedbrakes.... oh no not again !

as for the little guy - walking around now all over the place .... so easier to sit him on lap with steering wheel..... must learn him to control rudders for me that would be easier ;)

Good news. All you really want is the throttle i reckon as you have a mega modded stick dont you? Hopefully someone at TM sales will have a lightbulb on over there heads and think, "we can make more money here by selling throttles seperatly to modded cougar users". kerching! ££$$**

**in an ideal world

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or they had the even more brilliant idea to supply the stick with the throttle just in case you eventualy need a spare for your cougar. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

There will be a thriving market in ebay-ed Cougars getting snapped up for spares. The gimbals & pots are gone, (YAY), but the switches & handle could be the same.

Ive been getting spare bits and bobs from TM direct. Takes a month but V cheap. Installed a nice tight new H4. Old one was slacker than a tramps back teeth!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The handle is completely different. They are plug swappable, but the actual construction is entirely new. Not so much as a screwhole in the same place as a cougar handle.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

My other half spied the amazon page with my order the other day and was "shocked" that I was going to pay £320 for a hobby. A quick few queries into how much she spent on handbags, etc because she needed "something to go with...[insert other expensive item]", shut her up. Honestly!

633802202918840145-Excellent.jpg

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

TM are a French\Canadian company so i should think so. We will know when the pages finally appear properly on Amazon.

If they come with a free voucher for DCS: A-10 i will personally get a Charles De Gaulle poster for my office.

And I won’t draw on it ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The prone-to-violence-cop-wife would make it look like an accident if I spent that kinda dough on "gaming crap" as she calls it.

stfumower.jpg

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.