Hotas Warthog Priced

Composing an absolute Snorter of an e-mail fraught with Righteous Consumer Indignation at being treated in such a callous manner.....Oh the Villany and Debauchery at being over-charged not by one, not by two, but by Ten - I repeat, Ten pounds!!! Oh for the sake of my sanity.......

Let's see how that works out - maybe I'll get it for free!

:D

Nice one. My inner bean counter is rubbing its Dickensian hands together over a wooden bowl of gruel! Seriously though, that’s a good idea, its not as though Amazon are short of a few bob.

Chuck us your email to Amazon if you don’t mind and we can use it as a template to get something done.

If enough of us point out the price difference they might match it.

One propeller/jet head might be ignored but a whole 'hanger', (not sure of the proper collective noun ;) ), is more likely to get a response.

That $20 could go in the kitty for DCS:A-10

To battle!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to put my /irony ON /irony OFF tags :music_whistling:

/W

Can't fool you guys. Sunday delivery is a no-go! I think this is the most anticipated joystick ever. :joystick:

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Chuck us your email to Amazon if you don’t mind and we can use it as a template to get something done.

If enough of us point out the price difference they might match it.

One propeller/jet head might be ignored but a whole 'hanger', (not sure of the proper collective noun ;) ), is more likely to get a response.

Yep, sling it over in my direction and I'll do the same. Is there a specific email address we should send it to?

That $20 could go in the kitty for DCS:A-10

Indeedy :thumbup:

Nice one. My inner bean counter is rubbing its Dickensian hands together over a wooden bowl of gruel! Seriously though, that’s a good idea, its not as though Amazon are short of a few bob.

:D

To whom it may concern Order # xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

At the outset it must be categorically stated that I am (or was up to now) a firm supporter of Amazon. One has only to have regard to my order history for a complete summary of a compulsion bordering on obsessive that I harbour for all things material it would seem. Top on that list of obsessiveness must undoubtedly be reserved for my hobby that I indulge in, Flight Simulation, as the above-mentioned order will confirm. More of that later though.

No, returning to the financial support showered on Amazon throughout the years and coupled with word-of-mouth recommendations in favour of Amazon, my financial contribution to date could no doubt contribute substantially to the feeding of a third-world country for a wee while. Rather, my attempt at self-induced bankruptcy has been directed at Amazon instead, which makes the following all the more harder to swallow:

As far back as July 2010 I in Good Faith attend to the pre-order of the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC at the goodly and gut-wrenching sum of £341 including delivery. Now it does not take a Rocket-Scientist to realize that the said amount is probably more than what some people might earn in a month in this day and age, depending on your trade and circumstance. I was however obliged to attend to the pre-order as I value my Flight Simulation hobby to such an extent that I would rather toy with the idea of bankruptcy than not purchase the HOTAS Warthog. That, coupled with the inherent goodwill I harboured to Amazon made the pre-order just that extra bit more palatable, or so I thought.........

Now you must understand that this is probably the most anticipated release of a PC peripheral since, well, edible underwear. Ignoring for a while the attempt at humour, trust me when I say that the HOTAS Warthog is going to be extremely popular in the Flight SIM Community and as such could very well have been a major source of Income for Amazon and it's affiliates. Note the use of the phrase 'could very well have been', not used lightly I might add. Admittedly I am at this stage of affairs just a wee bit disillusioned by the state of affairs as it pertains to my order #xxx-xxxxx-xxxx at present.

Why you might ask? I'll tell you:

I and no doubt many others have pre-ordered the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog in good faith, expecting customer service that would ensure that we as Flight Sim enthusiasts would obtain the Hotas Warthog in Good Time at Current Market value, in other words, as all consumers everywhere: We want the article as soon as possible after retail release and we want it at a decent price! I cannot stress the above more......Now I am certain that you cannot even begin to imagine the depth of my frustration and disappointment when I realised that not only can the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog be obtained at another retailer for an amount cheaper than the advertised Amazon amount, but, and this is adding insult to proverbial injury, said Hotas Warthog can be obtained from the said retailer 4 days earlier than Amazon releasing the same Hotas.

Now you might think that in the greater scheme of things a couple of days and a couple of pounds are neither here nor there. Trust me – for me as a customer it is a very big deal. It is a matter of principle and the erosion of the Goodwill that exists between me the consumer and Amazon. If a another retailer can step up and provide the product cheaper and faster, why can I not rely on Amazon to protect my interests as a Consumer, up to now a staunch and loyal supporter, and provide the product I pre-ordered months ago at the same price or even at a cheaper price to ensure my custom for present and future purchases and get the product to me timorously. As the order status stands at present, not only am I now obliged to wait for an extra 4 days at least for the Hotas Warthog, no, to add insult to injury I am being charged more to boot. As an avid Flight Sim enthusiast with a limited budget this is indeed a bitter pill to swallow. For sake of reference and substantiation, I refer you to the following site:

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-for-pc.asp/simulation/joysticks

As much as it pains me, It would seem that I will have to attend to the cancellation of the pre-order and attend to the purchase from Flight Store UK. Would you please be so kind as to inform me as to the correct procedure to follow in order to attend to said cancellation should it be necessary for me to attend to the cancellation of the pre-order?

Notwithstanding my favoured history with Amazon to date, I cannot ignore the fact that the circumstances definitely favour a purchase from Flight Store which cannot be ignored, unless Amazon can beat the said price and ensure availability to match the date as set by the Flight Store. I trust that Amazon, having the best interest of it's customers (me) at heart, will no doubt decide justly with regard to the present matter as detailed above and let me know as soon as reasonably possible if indeed alternative pricing/delivery arrangements can be made/facilitated by Amazon, or whether I would be better off attending to an order from the Flight Store UK. I can be reached by e-mail mymail@mydomain.com

Thanking you I advance for your help on behalf of myself and countless other Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog pre-order customers as your records will no doubt reflect, many of whom (UK Customers) are avidly awaiting a satisfactory resolution to the current query/complaint.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

Edited by Panzertard
Someone forgot to edit their email -> anon ... fixed it.
  • Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Bloody, 'ell mate. I pity the fool who tries to erect a mobile phone mast in your street!

Amazon can't argue with the fact that they are being undercut by £10, (not sure of the $ or Euro equivalent).

Thats 3 pints of beer in my book.

Entering irate customer mode.............

##EDIT##

My less detailed attempt. May be p1ssing in the wind. we will see...

Hi

This item was pre-ordered months ago and i do not want to cancel the order but it is being listed at £10 cheaper here amongst other websites;

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-for-pc.asp/simulation/joysticks

Maybe your buyers got the price wrong initially, or the supplier has change pricing in the interim, i don’t know.

Can you please update me as to Amazon’s stance over matching this price please?

I have been an Amazon customer for years and always found your prices to be competitive. A £10 difference, however, can’t be ignored.

Regards

Yep, sling it over in my direction and I'll do the same. Is there a specific email address we should send it to?

You have to go through the Amazon sites interface. Make sure you are calm first as its a bit annoying.

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Nop, the TM H Warthog does not come with pedals

or a twist rudder :music_whistling::megalol:......

or a free copy of DCS:A-10.....

or force feedback.....

BUT I DONT CARE BECAUSE ITS LOVELY

Edited by coolts
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUT I DONT CARE BECAUSE ITS LOVELY

It certainly is :D:D

Email to Amazon inbound. Here's my brief attempt:

Dear Amazon,

I have recently placed a pre-order for a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick, order number xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx, however I have since seen the item for sale at another UK vendor at a lower price (£329.99 as opposed to £339.99, a difference of £10). Being a loyal member of Amazon.co.uk I would like to retain my pre-order with you, but should your price remain the same, I would have no option other then to cancel my order and take my business elsewhere. I have also noticed that the other vendor, Flightstore UK, is delivering the item sooner than yourselves; another reason to cancel my order with you and use them instead. Since the item that I have pre-ordered with you is eligible for your pre-order price guarantee, would you be able to honour this and match the price of Flightstore? Here are the details of their listing:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Not nearly as eloquently put as Viper, but brief and to the point. Let's hope they take notice.

@ Coolts, know what you mean about the interface; very annoying...

And an answer from Amazon:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I understand your concern regarding the price differences of this item.

We realise that from time to time, our customers will be able to purchase a single product from another store at a lower price than ours. We recognise that you have a choice of retailers and are grateful that you would prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a price matching policy at this time.

Amazon.co.uk does not price-match with other retailers (including third-party sellers who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

Please note that in some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon.co.uk Marketplace sellers.

Kindly note that this is not the final price of this item, it may be possible that item price will be reduced. At present we are unable to reduce the item cost.

If your order enters the dispatch process before the release date and the price is lowered on or before the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between dispatch and release date.

Please rest assured that the difference in amount will be refunded to your payment card with in the next 48 hours. On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details. You can see completed refunds when you visit Your Account, after receiving this confirmation e-mail.

If the refund is not applied within the above time period please let us know using the following link provided, so that we will be happy to investigate further:

Think I'll wait a while and see if they lower it. If not I'll go with FS. It's cheaper with them, the delivery date is sooner and I have a few quids worth of bonus points with them.

Edited by CrashEd

LOL basic answer from big companies..

Thank you for your money $ucker, have a nice day.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I hate Amazon but in all fairness I wouldnt match a $20 price difference either.

Why do you hate Amazon? I have had absolutely stellar performance from them. They are cheap, ship fast and free a lot of the time, orders don't get messed up, easy returns. I couldn't ask for anything else. (US experience)

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

"In order to compensate you with this inconvenience, I would like to give you a 3.00 GBP promotional gift certificate as a goodwill gesture, for use towards your next Amazon.co.uk order"

Suppose it covers the five minutes spent on typing the letter at least :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is your sanity ok? :)

It varies by the hour.......always has :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]