Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That message will appear if the email address for the account you're logged into on the DCS site does not match the email address of an account registered on these forums. You'll have to change one or the other so they match. You can change your forum email address through the User CP link, 'Edit your details'.

Once your email address matches, it should become a button or link to enable access to the beta forum. Clicking on it will then give access to the beta forum for the forum account whose email addresses matches the email address you're logged into on the DCS site. Hopefully that's clear enough.

Thx, indeed I bought A-10C using a different mail, however I did as you described above and no joy.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am waiting for Russian version - they could be much cheaper like it was in BS case :D

Although I will be on holidays next week and new sim is very tempting, however my common sense says to wait for Russian version too. Unfortunately, we will probably have to wait till February or March.

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

So if i've read correctly the sim is a 4.2 GB download?

So is this split up into a bunch of files? How big are they?

I ask cause I don't wanna buy a game I then won't be able to download...might have to wait for boxed version...

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

That message will appear if the email address for the account you're logged into on the DCS site does not match the email address of an account registered on these forums. You'll have to change one or the other so they match. You can change your forum email address through the User CP link, 'Edit your details'.

Once your email address matches, it should become a button or link to enable access to the beta forum. Clicking on it will then give access to the beta forum for the forum account whose email addresses matches the email address you're logged into on the DCS site. Hopefully that's clear enough.

I used a different email

Now I have modified my email on the Forum to match the one of the purchase.

But the login name of the purchase is different of the one of the forum and I sill can't see the beta forum

Anyway, why are to different registrations needed?

When I tried to register for the purchase, using my forum login name registration did not go (could thah be becouse I used a different mail?).

So I had to change the login name.

Maybe this help to better registration procedures

What to do now to see beta forum?

Thanks

So if i've read correctly the sim is a 4.2 GB download?

So is this split up into a bunch of files? How big are they?

2 files that are approx 2 GB each, one file that's about 500 megs, and then a few megs for the setup.exe.

Also: they have a few mirrors for each file, plus a torrent which you can use to reliably resume the download if you have an unreliable connection. So if you're able to eventually download 4ish gigabytes, then you shouldn't have any problems so long as you're patient.

I used a different email

Now I have modified my email on the Forum to match the one of the purchase.

Did you receive the confirmation email the forum sends when you enter a new email address? You need to click on a link in that before your email address is actually/fully updated. Also, there might be some delay before the DCS site sees the new address, though I'm not certain about that. I may have been imagining that.

Because they're two very different sites. The forums run the popular vBulletin software, the DCS site is I think a custom piece of software. So they're completely independent, and neither knows anything about your account on the other; unless there's some shared, unique information that is the same on both, e.g. your email address.
Edited by nomdeplume

The connection for the two registrations is through the download page for the game. You should see an option there to enable access to the beta forum.

i.e. make sure you're logged in on digitalcombatsimulator.com, go to the Downloads section, click on Proceed to download for the A-10C beta, and above your serial number should be either an option to enable access to the beta forum, or a link to register at the forums. If it's the latter, then the email address you're logged into the DCS site with doesn't match the email address of a forum user. You can check and change your DCS website email address using the "Profile" button on the left side of the screen.

You buy the serial number like with BS, FC2, right?

So, is it possible to register to open beta forums if a friend buy a serial number for me? (I don`t have a credit card)

Can you make the torrent file public, so I can download it (with my slow broadband connection) while waiting for my serial number?

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Just make sure your forum email and DCS web site email are the same.

Then log into DCS web site and click on payments. There should be a button to register for open beta forum.

Seems I got it now. Took a while though.

Will try the SIM as soon as I download it.

My PC specs below:

If boxed version is to be out early 2011, then I guess the full version should be here in December.

My PC specs below:

The connection for the two registrations is through the download page for the game. You should see an option there to enable access to the beta forum.

i.e. make sure you're logged in on digitalcombatsimulator.com, go to the Downloads section, click on Proceed to download for the A-10C beta, and above your serial number should be either an option to enable access to the beta forum, or a link to register at the forums. If it's the latter, then the email address you're logged into the DCS site with doesn't match the email address of a forum user. You can check and change your DCS website email address using the "Profile" button on the left side of the screen.

Thank you

Now it works ;-)

Not everybody who wants to buy the game wants to join the forum. If he does, he can make an account with the same name and passwords.

If you want to join the beta-forum, you are granted a different access based on your purchase - this is linked to your shop-account for logical reasons.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

WOW WOW WOW.

Like many I was expecting this about Xmas or after!!

Have to wait 2 days to have some funds in accout to buy tho.:doh:

Really looking foward to this one. Until then ill be:book: up on A10 manuals etc.

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!

Damnit. Woke up this morning and my download had failed. Had to restart Setup 1&2. Another 8+ hours. This is why I much much much prefer boxed versions. I don't suppose there is any refunds?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Cant login to open beta forum

<S!> All, just bought the a-10 sim but cannot login to the forum. My DCS site username is "organ" but the forum one is "orgy" does it make a diffrent??? Shel i delete the account and try to register useing "organ" username. waiting for respond. take care lads!

Pit.

W7x64 | Intel I7 2700K 4.5GHz | 2x DDR3 4096Mb | Gainward GTX570 1240MB | 32" single monitor

<S!> All, just bought the a-10 sim but cannot login to the forum. My DCS site username is "organ" but the forum one is "orgy" does it make a diffrent??? Shel i delete the account and try to register useing "organ" username. waiting for respond. take care lads!

Pit.

Username doesn't matter, you need to have used the same email address to create your account at digitalcombatsimulator.com as you did to register your account here on the forums. If you used a different address for each, you'll have to change one of them; forum email can be changed via User CP -> Your details; and the DCS account password can be changed once logged in at that site from the Profile button.

When that's sorted, go to the "Payments" page on the DCS site and you'll have an option there to activate your access to the beta forum.

Oh man oh man oh man! I can't afford it. Food or A-10c? Bugger it, I'm buying as soon as I get back from work.

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]