Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the advantages with DCS A10 running in 64bit as opposed to 32bit mode?

Decreased loading times, less stutters from loading in the game, larger missions available. All this provided you have sufficient physical RAM installed in your computer.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

64 bit allows usage of more memory so it wont be fetching data from the disk as often. It doesn't directly affect FPS, although it improves gameplay...in principle.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It doesn't directly affect FPS, although it improves gameplay...in principle.

HAve not seen that myself but then is an unoptimized beta so that's okay.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

^^ Rgr, sounds logical... Although ill probably test it on XP just to see how it goes...

But still I guess its time to switch desktop to win 7 64 soon anyhow (when time permits). Already running Win7 64 on laptop and loving it!

Anyone has an idea when the Russian download version will be up? And more importantly, the cost... :)

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

There should be an open beta to let everyone test the simulator not just the people who pre-purchased it.

Why's that then?:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Any screen shots yet ??

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

There should be an open beta to let everyone test the simulator not just the people who pre-purchased it.

ED are not the first company to provide a beta to customers that have only purchased a product. It is pretty well known what A--10C will include. If you really with to try the beta and accept that it is not complete, and you plan to purchase the release version, then why not pre-purchase A-10C? Support ED in a flight sim market that is tough.

ED are not the first company to provide a beta to customers that have only purchased a product. It is pretty well known what A--10C will include. If you really with to try the beta and accept that it is not complete, and you plan to purchase the release version, then why not pre-purchase A-10C? Support ED in a flight sim market that is tough.

I have always had performance problems with Lockon and BlackShark. I don't want to pay $60 without trying it first. To be honest I am skeptic about how well this DCS A-10 will run when I fly over a city.

I'll try the demo when it comes out and I'll see if the performance is ok.

Just to say I have a relatively good computer(quadcore 2, ati 5770, 4GB ram) so performance shouldn't have been a problem ever. I can run ARMA 2 perfectly to give you an idea.

Exactly

ED wants to hear about your performance issues, but first it's important to list your computer spects exactly; and the settings under which you are running black shark for example.

Finally, ARMA2 and DCS are two different animals. Just because you can run one well, doesn't mean anything for the other.

I have always had performance problems with Lockon and BlackShark. I don't want to pay $60 without trying it first. To be honest I am skeptic about how well this DCS A-10 will run when I fly over a city.

I'll try the demo when it comes out and I'll see if the performance is ok.

Just to say I have a relatively good computer(quadcore 2, ati 5770, 4GB ram) so performance shouldn't have been a problem ever. I can run ARMA 2 perfectly to give you an idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ED wants to hear about your performance issues, but first it's important to list your computer spects exactly; and the settings under which you are running black shark for example.

Finally, ARMA2 and DCS are two different animals. Just because you can run one well, doesn't mean anything for the other.

Flying over the cities have always been an issue on any DCS product. It is not my hardware or game settings, it is just the sim is not optimized when flying over a city with many buildings around you.

Arma 2 and DCS are different and that's why there are benchmarks to measure the performance of the graphic cards.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34194&page=6

Again I'll wait for the demo and then I'll decide.

Thank you for your time.

I am going to wait for the boxed version (and a new computer and a new HOTAS and a bankrupt bank account:greedy:).

Until then, I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble (and not against any policies of ED) if one (or two or more) or you lucky people that are already flying the Warthog, could post a video of actual gameplay on youtube so the rest of us could get a glimpse of the Beast in action. Thanks!

Is the DCS:Ka-50 press release statement still valid?

It will also be possible to purchase each aircraft as an add-on at a reduced price for consumers that have already purchased a DCS module.

A golden find! :P

A golden find! :P

That was an ancient post before final release of BS. Things changed over time and there are no add-ons any more. Each DCS release is a separate module. Would be nice to get something for loyalty though. Like a printed manual. :pilotfly: Considering we all paid for a pre-release Download at retail price and do not even get a box. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

That was an ancient post before final release of BS. Things changed over time and there are no add-ons any more. Each DCS release is a separate module. Would be nice to get something for loyalty though. Like a printed manual. :pilotfly: Considering we all paid for a pre-release Download at retail price and do not even get a box. :)

Go to your local grocery store. They usually have some obsolete boxes laid out somewhere ;)

I do understand that that info was outdated. It's a good find anyway :)

Go to your local grocery store. They usually have some obsolete boxes laid out somewhere ;)

I do understand that that info was outdated. It's a good find anyway :)

Yeah, but cheerios boxes do not have killer A10Cs on the front and are a bit over sized for my install disc. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

I'm drooling as I await my download to finish :P

I really liked DCS Blackshark, and the original Lockon Modern air combat game :) This is wicked exciting because I loved flying the A-10 in Lockon!:pilotfly:

I do have a question though:

Will this have non-scripted landing or the advance flight model?

Maybe this has been asked before, but I can't read all 11 pages....

Is this compatible with online play with both BS and LO 2.0 right now in beta?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Will this have non-scripted landing or the advance flight model?

You must be joking, right?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders