ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

I'm pretty sure it's 10 minutes, not 15.

UP TO 10 minutes. ;)

I use to work on the F-16 and that system for 12 years, I remember what the TO says, what's your source? I said around 15 minutes so it could be less or more, that's if it uses the fuel, now if we talk about bleed air....that's a different story.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I use to work on the F-16 and that system for 12 years, I remember what the TO says, what's your source? I said around 15 minutes so it could be less or more, that's if it uses the fuel, now if we talk about bleed air....that's a different story.

F-16C BLK 50 -1 (Sect 1 Pg 68 ) states that operating on Hydrazine only the system's operating time is around 10 mins. No doubt engine bleed air would greatly increase that time, but if you have an engine failure you won't have bleed air.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

F-16C BLK 50 -1 (Sect 1 Pg 68 ) states that operating on Hydrazine only the system's operating time is around 10 mins. No doubt engine bleed air would greatly increase that time, but if you have an engine failure you won't have bleed air.

I worked on Blk 25/40/42, yep your right that TO stats around 10 minutes, but I have heard longer then that. I would have to call back and see what our TO says about it, the GS and maybe FI.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

When you're swinging in the wind you'd be crying 'I shoulda joined the navy. At least they have 2 engines.'

....and twin engine jets are perfectly fine....keep telling yourself that.

F-16 + birdstrike = fail

F-15 + birdstrike = Damn, I'll be late for the game.

Not true, depends on where the bird hits. Both jets could go down with one well timed bird hit.

Not true, depends on where the bird hits. Both jets could go down with one well timed bird hit.

It is true. We're talking about the sim. The DCS world. Put a single engine F-16 in there and birdstrike = fail. All the time. All day. Everyday. No one wants to crash and loose a jet after a birdstrike in the sim. They WILL with DCS: F-16. They WILL crash when a simple manpad knocks out one engine or a little bit of 23mm...

IN DCS A-10C or FC2.0, loosing an engine means I'll be late for the game. Just like I said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait... don't stop now! Do explain how one bird can FOD or disable both engines! (Keeping in mind the engines are typically the most flight-critical portion of the airframe that a bird could ruin.)

There IS a reason why many jets employ multiple engines when they could do the same job with one.

Wait... don't stop now! Do explain how one bird can FOD or disable both engines! (Keeping in mind the engines are typically the most flight-critical portion of the airframe that a bird could ruin.)

There IS a reason why many jets employ multiple engines when they could do the same job with one.

I'm not talking about the engine....

It is true. We're talking about the sim. The DCS world. Put a single engine F-16 in there and birdstrike = fail. All the time. All day. Everyday. No one wants to crash and loose a jet after a birdstrike in the sim. They WILL with DCS: F-16. They WILL crash when a simple manpad knocks out one engine or a little bit of 23mm...

Somebody call the Wambulance...

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

UNless of course he's referring to the Quantum mechanical aspect of it where there is an infinitesimally small chance that the same bird could enter the two inlets at the same time.

:D

Or the bird strikes the tip nose of F-15 or any twin engine jet splits into two and each half enters one engine. Hmmmm now thats a possibility to think.

Nice SSs Official Texture Master :thumbup: :smilewink:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Vipers and Falcons everywhere :cry:

I dont understand why E.D. is not coming up with a new F-16.EDM model. :shocking:

They (or presice3dmodelling guys ? ) made a new E-2D model ( which looks like same in DCS & in P3DM.com) but the "most famous fighter":F-16 still missing from the DCS-new-EDM-model inventory !

BTW: 3D modellers of E.D. ~= 3D modellers of P3DM.com ? ? ? :unsure:

F-16 By ED;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=11342&d=1206998407

Was going to post that pic myself, thanks Flanker. As you can see, ED's F-16 is very accurate already. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

When you're swinging in the wind you'd be crying 'I shoulda joined the navy. At least they have 2 engines.'

But then you would be flying a damn F18. :badmood:

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109