Flaming Cliffs Wish List

I'd realy like 6DoF for TrackIR... fixing the existing bugs... and AFM for all aircraft. Wait there's more... ability to ad skins... and an update to existing 3d models for flyables.

No longer active in DCS...

This is a must for any sim that allows the player to fly at night.

Sodium lights at the Aircraft parking areas. Granted in a combat situation the airbase lights are out. But it would be so nice to fly up to an airbase or airport and have illuminated parking areas.

Also the light poles add a touch of realism and challenge for

rotary winged operations.. day or night...

The only sim that has ever had ramp lights is Fly! and maybe

the DI Hind game... Right?

The other thing that would be nice in this sim or the next Gen of the code base is a living map.

Meaning that power grids and other utilities can be brought down if they were attacked.

So if power transfer lines or comms towers are attacked... it has some effect... maybe on parts of

a near by town go black at night... stuff like that..

If Oil and mfg plants are attacked Cargo Trains and Cargo Truck would flow more to the attacked area. Until stuff if brought back on line if ever.

If Towns are attacked, Transports planes, helos and trucks marked with the Red Cross would be seen moving in and out of the attacked area.

Over time bombed out buildings and areas would get rebuilt... the player would see the rebuild process in a few ways...

The moving yellow Cranes would pop up in the area and repair truck traffic would flow in and out of the areas...

Near by airports would get more transport flights.... to bring in supplies to the area...

So if the player attacks and brings down transports or convoys.. or attack the nearby support airfield... repair operations might be stopped. If the mfg plants are attacked that will slow repair efforts... Standard if then logic stuff.

also in areas that has the Red Cross 'helping" the attacked town.... If the player attacks relief efforts the

player loses cool points... But once the rebuilding starts... and no Red Cross operations are going on

the area can be back on the target list..

The living maps would be very different from a Dynamic Campaign. This option would

allow the player to edit mission and run a series of battles on the same map.

Crazy stuff like that,... Stuff that would take forever to program... LOL!

there is so much more that could be added but you get the idea...

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

I don't know if this has been asked already but is there any plans to sort out the SPAWN problem with the aircraft carrier, when you spawn in with the SU33 online only 1 person can at a time. is there any plans to sort out this so maby upto 5 or 6 can spawn in on the parking bays?

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

I don't know if this has been asked already but is there any plans to sort out the SPAWN problem with the aircraft carrier, when you spawn in with the SU33 online only 1 person can at a time. is there any plans to sort out this so maby upto 5 or 6 can spawn in on the parking bays?

X2!!!

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

I would like joystick button mapping specific to individual aircrafts. This isn't possible currently right?

I think it's waste that a button on my joystick has to be useless when I'm flying russian because I mapped it to "release weapon" on US aircrafts. Plus, aircraft functions are all different and many buttons on my joystick are useless depending on which aircraft I'm flying.

Oh, is there list of changes already announced for BS? I should find out what's being added before making a wish.

Edit: Doh, this was FC wish list. I thought it was BS wish list.

I would like joystick button mapping specific to individual aircrafts. This isn't possible currently right?

I think it's waste that a button on my joystick has to be useless when I'm flying russian because I mapped it to "release weapon" on US aircrafts. Plus, aircraft functions are all different and many buttons on my joystick are useless depending on which aircraft I'm flying.

Oh, is there list of changes already announced for BS? I should find out what's being added before making a wish.

Edit: Doh, this was FC wish list. I thought it was BS wish list.

Depends what joystick you have, if you have a saitek (or any reasonable HOTAS) you should have software to change what all the buttons are mapped to.

Depends what joystick you have, if you have a saitek (or any reasonable HOTAS) you should have software to change what all the buttons are mapped to.

Have Saitek X32 which Saitek dropped the support on.

But based on what you're saying, you can have customized mapping for each aircraft if you have X45 for example? I thought SST loads one profile for LockOn when you launch it and that same profile is used for all aircrafts.

But regardless, I think this feature should be built into the game so any controller can be configured for each aircraft. I mean, there's option to customize buttons for each radar modes, they should be able to do it for each aircraft.

The X52/PRO and Cougar (And probably CH) allow you to change profiles in-flight - ie. with the game running.

I also like that I can change the axis settings on the Cougar in-flight, that way I give it some curve for formation, and straighten it out for dogfighting (though i haven't tried yet ... I'll have to try it and see if it doesn't end up too confusing)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah you change profile for X45 mid flight too, but you have to alt-tab out only problem is LO-MAC hates alt-tabbing and so does my graphics card.

I tend to fly one aircraft each session of flight anyway so it's no problem.

Dude . . . . . that's confusing.

There is nothing confusing about it. :smilewink: It is the best FF peripheral in existence with real potential to become the biggest thing since the TIR for enhanced immersion. FF joysticks are SILLY compared to this thing. As are shaker seats. This device is a 10 miles above that. Read about it and I am sure you will agree.

Also look here:

http://www.ivibe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134

This should give you an idea of the devices potential use in combat flight simulator applications.

Simply amazing, you would have to try it to believe it. The TFS2 (TACTILE FEEDBACK SYSTEM) would be perfect for LockOn.

Out

I was not taking a pole on who would purchase it if LockOn was not supported Rugg.:music_whistling: Just lobbying for support for the product in general. Even without direct support I do have a pretty decent file for lockon. I get excellent positional based simulated G-forces from Joystick scaling, custom tailored effects that are keystroke triggered and the main engine mass rumble (Again completely customizable) throttle driven effects. So I get really good convincing FF effects for gear up/down, flaps, and the mother of all A-10 cannon effects already. Obviously being an avid A-10 driver you don't know what you are missing. Well I do, and it is this thing. That is of course only if you would like to increase immersion in your sims.

FF joysticks bahhh! Who needs em? Even without the developer supported files this thing trashes shaker seats and FF sticks. The only viable FF device left on the market when this thing is through will be Driving wheels and then only as accent to it not a replacement for it. The link I posted above was meant to give an idea of what can be done with developer support.

I am sure the world will not self destruct if you wait for LockOn support Rugg. Just would not want everyone reading to think that the device is useless with out it. It is truly customizable in ways that shaker seats and other FF devices will never be even without developer support. With it it is simply unmatched in it's innovation. One would have to be truly blind not to immediately recognize the potential of this device once used. This is not just another MFP, joystick or typical sim gear. It is in a class by itself.

Out

If I wanted to be ignored or shat upon by customer service I'll buy a Cougar.

You put a lot of effort into this sort of thing I see. You seem to be getting very experienced at it. Well done.

My Cougar, as irrelevant as it is to a post about Ivibe will no doubt still be flying long after your plastic little CH is dead and buried. More accurately too I might add. If you ever need to get rid of your toy let me know as my Cougar would do a nice job of flattening it into a pancake. When we are through I will take my Cougar home set it back up and fly LockOn with my Cougar and my IVIBE.

:megalol:

Out

• Like 2