Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you change your payload, how do you load the stations without rebooting the CICU? - my stations go red even though I load them correctly? :S

Easiest way i think is to re-load your data cartridge. You can access the DTS Upload page again by pressing and holding one of the bottom MFD LSK's, this will bring up a menu.. On the right side you will see LOAD, click to high light then select a bottom row LSK. This allows you to access the DTS Upload page again with the bottom MFD LSK's, so you just need to re-load your cartridge data again with Load All. ;)

anyone noticed the skid markes on the runway the a10 leaves during landing ?

epic details in this sim

wbr,

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

When Wingmen #3 and #4 accidentally have a mid-air collision when forming up in formation after a rejoin command... #4 bit the dust and #3 landed with damage...

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Easiest way i think is to re-load your data cartridge. You can access the DTS Upload page again by pressing and holding one of the bottom MFD LSK's, this will bring up a menu.. On the right side you will see LOAD, click to high light then select a bottom row LSK. This allows you to access the DTS Upload page again with the bottom MFD LSK's, so you just need to re-load your cartridge data again with Load All. ;)

I try not to rely on that method because I believe it's going to (or at least it should be) patched out as not correct modeling. Strapping different iron on doesn't change the DTC or the DTS data so re-loading DTS DSMS data shouldn't be more current. Even if a new or supplementary DTC cart was shoved through the mail slot in the canopy, you'd probably have to upload the DTC to DTS before loading the DTS data.

Lol, from the beta manual i've downloaded off of this forum:

"While taxing, the canopy should never be opened or closed while turning"

I'm a bit baffled...

Just a cursory knowledge of physics says that maybe a heavy canopy may not be designed for lateral forces on its hinge over it's lifetime.

Now whether that specific aspect will be modeled into a canopy fault (failure to lock), I don't know.

Just a cursory knowledge of physics says that maybe a heavy canopy may not be designed for lateral forces on its hinge over it's lifetime.

Now whether that specific aspect will be modeled into a canopy fault (failure to lock), I don't know.

Our pilots taxi with the canopy open all the time, especially when they return on the way back from EOR to the spot they normally open the canopy while taxing...

Actually i didn't notice the spelling error. What got to me was "opened or closed"

But now i think i get it - it can be "open or closed" while taxiing or turning, but the pilot should not initiate the act of "opening or closing" the canopy.

The mistake was mine, but the phrasing is a tad misleading.

ED probably could have combined the "while" conditions into a single condition. "While turning during taxi, the canopy should never be closed or opened." That could either mean that the open or close action is forbidden or the open or close state is. Either state being forbidden is silly because the canopy has to be either open or closed. The other interpretation is that you cannot perform the open or close action in a turn, which is more reasonable. You probably can turn with it fully open, just not engage or disengage the lock or seal.

An even more fun one is:

If the speed brakes are open and the landing gear handle is up with only one throttle at maximum power or both throttles at maximum power but less than 145 KIAS, then the "SPEEDBRAKES, SPEEDBRAKES" audio message will be heard. The same audio message will be heard if the speed brakes are open, the landing gear handle is down, at least one throttle is at maximum power, and air speed is less than 145 KIAS.
I think this one is technically correct but really, really hard to read. Something like:

Speed brakes open = A

Landing gear handle up = B

One throttle max = C

Two throttles max = D

Airspeed < 145 = E

So if (A and B and C and !E) then you don't get the message

but if (A and !B and C and !E) then you do.

Gear handle position only affects whether or not you get the VMU message on exactly one throttle max with airspeed >145. Gah, that's a headache.

Edited by Frederf

They almost need to put in a table of all the combinations of conditions when betty decides to cry speedbrakes.

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

I tell you, I've been bitched by Betty on this issue more than once.... Ineptness I guess

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

• 3 weeks later...

This has probably been mentioned...

If your aircraft takes enough damage to expose parts of the GAU 8 cannon and it's feeding system you will notice that while firing the cannon the chamber end of the barrel assembly rotates, and the ammo feeds down the "chute".

Amazing! I was so amused/distracted when I noticed this that I promptly crashed

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

• 1 month later...

really? I could be doing it wrong, but cloud cover is seems to obscure my FLIR...and i'm pretty sure that's the point of having FLIR (to get around cloud cover). The first campaign ("WARNING: SPOILER FOLLOWING")

has shitty weather throughout

, and I was getting ruined because i couldn't use my FLIR above the low ceiling. BHOT & WHOT, no joy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually, the point of FLIR is to be able to see something in the dark. Not necessarily to see through cloud cover. It also allows contrasting hot sources to cold sources. It is NOT a magical "look through clouds" thing.

FLIR is better at looking through clouds than regular CCD display, but well... perhaps it should be said that it is less crap at it, rather than better. Water does attenuate infrared, and clouds are made of... ;)

Fly low and work with your other assets for guidance. You just got hit by what a difficult job the A-10C pilots actually have. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester