Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoke from burning vehicles can MASK the targeting pod.

See this video at 5:50 (not my video)

Do you mean the entire screen blanking out? If you do, that's not smoke, that's the wing.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I have been reading the manual as I dont have the game yet but I think so far the coolest little detail for me is the three selection types for ammo. Thats awesome. That was stuff that we had to worry about down range so for me thats cool. Cant wait to finally get this bad boy up in the air for some flight time!

Do you mean the entire screen blanking out? If you do, that's not smoke, that's the wing.

No the "M" that is flashing on the TGP and the HUD means there is something masking the targeting pod. Maybe it's part of the aircraft that triggered this but in the video I don't see anything in the view of the TGP.

When the smoke covers the target the M appears and starts to flash.

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, I think a solid M came on warning that the sensor was in a position that it could be masked soon. Once the pilot entered POINT tracking the M started flashing. Maybe just a warning?

Edited by recoil17

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

You can now fire the GAU on the ground. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I had an interesting experience where I was able to get into a UAZ and start the engine!... :shocking: then the game crashed.. hmmm

I tried searching for other threads about this but no luck. Any one know if there is one?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Hopefully they'll still keep that feature but you'd have to pull the landing gear breaker to be able to fire it on the ground (IIRC it's how the ground crew tests the gun).

Hopefully they'll still keep that feature but you'd have to pull the landing gear breaker to be able to fire it on the ground (IIRC it's how the ground crew tests the gun).

I think it's a little more involved than pulling a breaker in the cockpit :)

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Have you talked u to a A-10 ammo troop, are you one? Some things on jets are very simple you'd be surprised. They do have some things that are just plain stupid and makes you wonder why they did it that way.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Pretty sure it was that simple.

Familiar with the C/B game?

It's a game played at cruise level in complex multicrew aircraft. The crew takes turns pulling a circuitbreaker, and whoever ends up tripping the autopilot loses.

At the advanced level, you are not allowed to use the aircraft documentation... :pilotfly:

Not strictly on topic, but too good not to share. Can we invent an A-10 solitaire version?

Have you talked u to a A-10 ammo troop, are you one? Some things on jets are very simple you'd be surprised. They do have some things that are just plain stupid and makes you wonder why they did it that way.

I think he's referring to the tie downs. The o'le Avenger has a hell of a kick.

Anyways, I'll set you all's mind at ease No it will not be modeled it's a ground crew/maintenance operation.

How do I know? Because I already asked.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1003990&postcount=991

Edited by galagamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

My mind didn't need to be set at ease, but thanks for letting everyone else know. There is no need to test fire the gun on the ground anyway.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Ehem..Fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Thx for the link

NP and also notice I changed the "you" to "you all" or y'all as we say here.

A typo on my part, I didn't mean it to look like I was singling you out er nothin.

spect

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember seeing an A-10 doco a while ago and it mentioned that the A-10 cannon is not able to be fired on turf by either pilot or maintenance crew ever (in normal circumstances).. Just imagine some dodgy, twitchy, trigger happy maintenance crew dude in the cockpit.. Opps, i accidentally flicked Master Arm :huh: bugger! Oh I flicked GAU-8 Arm too :P Gee my finger is on the trigger... i better be careful ...:gun_smilie:

When I first noticed the cannon rounds ricocheting, I felt like I was back in the Army shooting a .50 cal with tracers (though of course the GAU is much bigger!). Amazing feeling.

War-Hawks.net

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - AMD 965 Black 4-core @3.8Ghz - 2X Radeon HD 5770 @ 870Mhz, 2GB GDDR5 @ 1275Mhz - 12GB DDR3 @1740Mhz - 1920x1200 24" - 2x 1TB SATAIII, 64MB Cache - TrackIR5, Saitek X52 Pro, CH Pedals