Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been mentioned...

If your aircraft takes enough damage to expose parts of the GAU 8 cannon and it's feeding system you will notice that while firing the cannon the chamber end of the barrel assembly rotates, and the ammo feeds down the "chute".

Insane :shocking:.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea it's neat, even though it's nothing new. :P

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

While on a mission killing some Russian tanks ran out of ammo, so knocked off the attack and came back too land, Came in a little hard but all was well no warning lights rearm only as wanted to get back into the fight quick on take off right landing gear still down warning dam but still press on and get over the ip, Mav's warmed up, lock target pickle no realise. check systems stores correct, Mav's on and powered, master arm on still no pickle. well if i can't kill them with mavs time to go guns on with 1 wheel hanging low.

Kinda had a "doh" moment last night. Was flying an easy quick mission with the wingie. Got to the tanks portion. Told the wingie to attack armor with guided bombs at my SPI he rolled in and dropped his bomb. After he dropped, I was waiting for him to say "rejoin" and got tired and ordered him to rejoin.

As soon as I did that I remembered, he is dropping an LGB stupid, he still has to lase the target and wait till the bomb hits. He replied that he was rejoining...two seconds later I see the bomb miss by a couple of tank lengths. My rejoin cost a LGB kill for sure. Nice to see this modeled :)

Access panels and the ladder open when you repair! :happy:

dcs%202011-03-09%2000-25-19-92.jpg

Tonight I flew in MP with few mates... I got to destroy 2 bridges tasked by JTAC... little later after they were destroyed I noticed civ traffic stopped before the bridge and could not cross it which created a traffic jam on both sides of the destroyed bridge :D

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Tonight I flew in MP with few mates... I got to destroy 2 bridges tasked by JTAC... little later after they were destroyed I noticed civ traffic stopped before the bridge and could not cross it which created a traffic jam on both sides of the destroyed bridge :D

Screen_110309_024414.jpg

An awful lot of people out for a sunday drive in a warzone. :megalol:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That traffic jam is begging for a 6 ripple mk82 run :)

I noticed there's now a sound effect when you pickle your bombs. That's a great new feature!

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I love when you turn off mirrors (i tried to see if it was affecting FPS) they are turned upwards on the cockpit view instead of being removed =).

I love little things like this.

PS i did my first A2A refueling in MP today hehe, did ok and took 6000lbs! =)

I love when you turn off mirrors (i tried to see if it was affecting FPS) they are turned upwards on the cockpit view instead of being removed =).

I love little things like this.

PS i did my first A2A refueling in MP today hehe, did ok and took 6000lbs! =)

Hah! Never noticed the mirrors.

And congrats on the refueling attempt success.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I never noticed the mirrors before either, now I can't stop staring at them wondering how I didn't notice before :D

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

An excerpt from this Q/A of the DSC:A10 Review with Wags http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/8965/DCS__A-10C_Warthog_Review_-_PC.html

3) Any hints on what aircraft you guys are planning to simulate next?

A) The next DCS aircraft will be a fixed wing US fighter.

========================================================

My guess is the: F-15E

Anyone else wanna guess?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

An excerpt from this Q/A of the DSC:A10 Review with Wags http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/8965/DCS__A-10C_Warthog_Review_-_PC.html

3) Any hints on what aircraft you guys are planning to simulate next?

A) The next DCS aircraft will be a fixed wing US fighter.

========================================================

My guess is the: F-15E

Anyone else wanna guess?

38 page discussion on this already here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67102&highlight=interview

Thanks, I remember that thread .. haven't seen it in awhile..

But, I'd really like to see the F-15E... just hoping... :smilewink:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

• 3 months later...