Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

The ricochet is very nice, and it affects the gameplay too (if you want it to ofc), for example I was going to kill an APC but right behind it was a large building (looked just like a school or a hospital ;) ) and if I had pulled the trigger every ricocheting round would have gone right into the building. I try to immerse myself into the role, and try to fly the way I really would if I was there for real, so ofcourse I aborted the run, and came in from another angle, where there was nothing behind the apc :)

Its the little details that help the immersion into this sim IMO, and in this sim there are ALOT!! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ricochet is very nice, and it affects the gameplay too (if you want it to ofc), for example I was going to kill an APC but right behind it was a large building (looked just like a school or a hospital ;) ) and if I had pulled the trigger every ricocheting round would have gone right into the building. I try to immerse myself into the role, and try to fly the way I really would if I was there for real, so ofcourse I aborted the run, and came in from another angle, where there was nothing behind the apc :)

Its the little details that help the immersion into this sim IMO, and in this sim there are ALOT!! :D

if you are fast enough and to low and fire the gun on a target direct in front of you it can happen that your ricochets bouncing from the ground hit your aircraft ;)

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic62339_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB | 8GB DDR3-RAM | Win7 64bit | TM Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

I remember seeing an A-10 doco a while ago and it mentioned that the A-10 cannon is not able to be fired on turf by either pilot or maintenance crew ever (in normal circumstances).. Just imagine some dodgy, twitchy, trigger happy maintenance crew dude in the cockpit.. Opps, i accidentally flicked Master Arm :huh: bugger! Oh I flicked GAU-8 Arm too :P Gee my finger is on the trigger... i better be careful ...:gun_smilie:

Nice! But we really do get to spin the gun during OPS checks. No ammo in but it would take quite the sequence to set of rounds including a safety pin being pulled. But it is fun to sit up there and do a gun spin from the pit:joystick:

You would think there would be some kind of saftey lockout pin to be removed before flight for the gau-8, since most other weapons have this. Pretty much anything that moves, atleast on an airliner can be locked out, not sure about the hog tho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You would think there would be some kind of saftey lockout pin to be removed before flight for the gau-8, since most other weapons have this. Pretty much anything that moves, atleast on an airliner can be locked out, not sure about the hog tho.

I believe there is a ground safety pin and also a weight on wheels switch that has to be disabled in order to fire the gun on the ground...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

64 GB Memory

CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

GTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition

HTC VIVE

I believe there is a ground safety pin and also a weight on wheels switch that has to be disabled in order to fire the gun on the ground...

You betcha There is a ground safety pin that gets removed at EOR and yes weght on wheels plays into this as well. However with the pin in you can still rotate the GAU-8 as long as hydro is applied and the APU is running.....

That would be pretty awesome to have to park at the departure end of the runway ramp and have the ordinance crew remove all the various weapon arm safeties just before take off. I think that's how that's done.

Yep thats exactly how its done. I do believe in the DCS world everything is treated as alert status.....so no EOR

• 1 month later...
skid marks when landing!!

Ahhhhh. Your talking about on the runway.:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

GAU reverse

Not really a detail. I havnt had a chance to do much with this yet but I got the A10 started and was just sitting on the runway. Checkin out the gauges and dials and buttons and when I finally looked up I was going off into the grass. Ended up getting stuck on a runway light, couldnt turn or go forward. Armed the cannon and fired a few rounds and the front rises a bit. Fired a few more and next thing I know I am going backwards. :joystick:

skid marks when landing!!

(beta 3) I landed once with anti-skid off (on purpose) and hit full brakes. I slid down the runway and left marks the whole way. I even did a full rudder left (or right) and got it sideways. The sliding physics on the runway are really nice.

I will post a screen later.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

In beta 4 on the Landing training mission after you land and move to the parking ramp the "ground crew" (wonder what they are fixin to do with those M-16's) run over to your parking space.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

If your "ground crew" consists of men in light, dense desert pattern BDUs carrying M-16s ... better exit the jet niiiiice and slooooow.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

In beta 4 on the Landing training mission after you land and move to the parking ramp the "ground crew" (wonder what they are fixin to do with those M-16's) run over to your parking space.

I haven't played that mission yet, but if i see a band of soldiers with M16 running towards my plane after i land, my first trought is not "Look, the mecanics!" but "S**t, i did something wrong...again". :lookaround:

And to stay on topic... something i only noticed in Beta 4, the shaking of the plane like a earthquake, on very high AoA. On previous beta it only stalled one wing and flipped to one side.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

I haven't played that mission yet, but if i see a band of soldiers with M16 running towards my plane after i land, my first trought is not "Look, the mecanics!" but "S**t, i did something wrong...again". :lookaround:

And to stay on topic... something i only noticed in Beta 4, the shaking of the plane like a earthquake, on very high AoA. On previous beta it only stalled one wing and flipped to one side.

I found them having M16's funny, makes it difficult to marshal a jet with an M16 in hand.:lol:

I found them having M16's funny, makes it difficult to marshal a jet with an M16 in hand.:lol:

Maybe it's a very, very high intensity environment... :D

Nice little details I like about this sim:

Lights!

picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=3082

and more lights! (rolling to the runaway)

picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=3083

I really like this because in the old Jane's games the formation and the position lights worked perfectly, although no running lights. In the Falcon: AF they tried to implement the running lights but to no avail (at least the version of the game I had... ;))

However, in this game it is modeled perfectly. I really like to line up on the runaway and being able to see what's ahead of me. Very nice!

picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=3084

Look! Better than Xenon headlights!

picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=3085

Edited by RodBorza
Adding more screenshots!

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I didn't notice this before Beta 4, but contrails (vapor) off the wingtips when pulling a few G's in a turn (at low alt)..

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I didn't notice this before Beta 4, but contrails (vapor) off the wingtips when pulling a few G's in a turn (at low alt)..
That's right, they're not very realistic, but its better than nothing I suppose.

The lights are gorgeous in Warthog, no more sickly yellow lights like we had in Flaming Cliffs :)