So...will this patch be a game changer?

kingneptune117

• ED Team
Remember: It's like eating an Elephant........One Bite at a Time!

Indeed. To help manage expectations, users should NOT expect the update to turn the beta into a release candidate. There is a lot of work to do that will be spread over several updates. One step at a time.

• Like 1

Indeed. To help manage expectations, users should NOT expect the update to turn the beta into a release candidate. There is a lot of work to do that will be spread over several updates. One step at a time.

Take all the time you folks need. IMHO.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I'd like to see updated key assignments in options so that we can get to cockpit-a-building.

+1

But as you can see, there are other things more urgent, right now.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Take all the time you folks need. IMHO.

They do already!

But as long as the patch will realle fix some major issues, they shall really do that.

I dont want an update just to have an update...I want a really updated beta of this gam....oh..sorry...Simulation :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Does anyone have a problem with the navigation? I think the technical part where the needle on the HSI by 10 degrees shifted to the right in relation to the way point. It's the same with the marker on the HUD, which also receives data from the EGI.

Simply can not go from point A to point B in a straight line, it is always right and constantly adjust the course as I am approaching way point.

I think the most important thing right now is to finish functionality and fix broken features, then concentrate on performance. I tend to loose interest in a product after reading the manual and hearing all the things they say I should be able to do, but never can.

I have seen too many products die due to lack of funds or have to wait ten years for someone elses addons (i.e Falcon4) to make the product functional, but never stable. They always run out money. I don't want to see that happen here. A-10C has so much potential and hardcore realisim. Lets give them the time they need and hope for the best.

Edited by Gonzo01

In addition to all those nice stuff they will be adding, I'd also like to see the rivers and lakes (small ones) with a more light-blue/grayer/brownish color than the clear blue color of the sea. Its more realistic because the bottom is closer to the surface and thats something that bothered me a wee bit in Blackshark too.

If its too much trouble... carry on.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

To be honest, I'm looking forward to more training missions and audio. I've worked through all of the included ones making notes so I'm looking forward to some more. Even some of the good gear like setting an aircraft ID and joining a network.

To join a group, select TAD, on the bottom right OSB it should say NET, click that, now on the UFC scratch pad hit what ever number ID or Group ID you want and click the corresponding OSB IE Group ID or Own ID, The number you entered in the scratchpad will now display in that group/own ID if it doesnt work check your hud for an input error, hit the CLR button and try again.

^This^

I fire up a range run every couple of days to stay proficient, but have held off on learn

new stuff mode until the patch/update comes out, as there is some broken stuff...

Much the same. Just trying out the odd system but really waiting for golden version before going all in. :)

Botch

E8400 @ 3,7 GHz | 6GB | ATI 6950 | Transcend 128GB SSD | 1T Samsung F3 | 24” 1920x1080 BenQ | TM Warthog | TM MFD's | TrackIR5 | Saitek Combat Pedals | W7 x64

Does anybody know where to find the frequencies for the VHF and UHF radios at the different airbases? Also, does anybody have problems with loadouts not showing up in the MFCD's, the pylons all have weapons on?

Normally in the brief or the comms menu.

Are you pressing "LOAD ALL" on the DTS UPLOAD page on start up?

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

not really worried about a patch if it's going to make performance worse. It might just go from barely playable, to unplayable. I hope not though.

We have to remember that we are beta testers. We literally pre-paid to have the honor of helping this to become a better product in the long run.. not to "play it before anyone else". When you take that hog up right now, it's not so much to enjoy it as it is to break it. Testing software is a long and meticulous process. By stressing the sim, uncovering problems that are difficult to reproduce, THEN thoroughly documenting them on the beta forum, you are becoming a part of a great endeavor: realistically simulating the most destructive and feared war machine ever known to man.

Remember that these devs aren't giving us a mediocre product, and for this reason their task is complicated and time consuming. Encourage them by taking the time to document the exact steps to reproduce any bugs you find.

Take pride in what you do. There will come a day when this product is shiny and new on the shelf.. and you will say "I contributed to development of that bad m*@^&%".

• Like 2

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

We have to remember that we are beta testers. We literally pre-paid to have the honor of helping this to become a better product in the long run.. not to "play it before anyone else". When you take that hog up right now, it's not so much to enjoy it as it is to break it. Testing software is a long and meticulous process. By stressing the sim, uncovering problems that are difficult to reproduce, THEN thoroughly documenting them on the beta forum, you are becoming a part of a great endeavor: realistically simulating the most destructive and feared war machine ever known to man.

Remember that these devs aren't giving us a mediocre product, and for this reason their task is complicated and time consuming. Encourage them by taking the time to document the exact steps to reproduce any bugs you find.

Take pride in what you do. There will come a day when this product is shiny and new on the shelf.. and you will say "I contributed to development of that bad m*@^&%".

I must say, very well said. ;)

Does ED intend to release a list of fixes and known bugs in next Beta release?

I'll read em even if noone else will ... honest ;)

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Does ED intend to release a list of fixes and known bugs in next Beta release?

You have to appreciate the difficulty it entails to do just that......:)

Since the Open - Beta release we as Testers have had a further 33 (give or take a couple) builds, each build changing from the other, with old bugs fixed, new bugs introduced as a result of said fixes, certain features tweaked/new features introduced with attendant results and bugs.....Over and above that our tester's builds are independent of the/does not necessarily mirror the developer's internal builds. System might at first explanation seem chaotic, but trust me, it's working very well as is at present. To attempt to extract information pertaining to a change-log relevant to the Open-Beta releases exclusively......now that would be chaotic!

To attend said change-log/list of sorts is in my personal opinion just too time-consuming and will definitely infringe on time better spent elsewhere. As such I would not place too much hope on receiving a list of fixes and known bugs. Then again, I might be wrong.

To re-iterate, my personal opinion and not based on any 'inside info' so do not take my word for it......just a semi-insider's thoughts ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I see what you mean, although the main problem with just releasing beta #2 and saying "there you go guys" with no changelog would be that the already crammed forums would just explode all over again, and siphoning useful info from all the noise would be next to impossible. There would have to be a new “Beta 2“ sub-forum and the moderators would have to look at each post and decide whether it was a;

Beta 1 issue

Beta 2 issue

RTFM issue

Read the FAQ issue

A “what’s changed since beta2 and what’s still to be done.txt”, would hopefully ease a lot of that traffic and workload.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

No need for all that :)

It's relatively simple: If you had an issue/problem with Beta #1, install Beta #2 and see if issue persists. If not, be happy and move on. If issue still persists, check the relevant sub-forum to see if issue has been acknowledged. If so, leave it be - it's a known issue and will be rectified in due course.

If you stumble upon a seemingly 'new' issue, search the relevant sub-forum and report if necessary, all the while keeping in mind that reports should be focused on Hardware reports as per the intention of the Open-Beta release: Released not as a Test-Build, but rather as a 'Get familiar with the Product' build and as an added incentive as thanx for the pre-purchase of the finished product.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'