Any ETA on Beta 4?

Spectre_USA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just happy there's someone developing these sims for us. I can't wait to get beta 4 whenever it's ready, sounds like it could be the best beta yet for people already playing the game, as it will focus on bug fixes, optimization, and tuning weapons, right? Previous betas seem to have made the game more unstable, not less, at least in my experience, this one is supposed to reverse that trend, right?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

The nature of betas and bugs unfortunately means that you fix one and it causes another, (one if you are lucky). I wouldn't expect a 100% stable and bug free beta otherwise it wouldn't be a beta.

Sounds like this one may be a big release though........fingers crossed it emerges soon ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

I'm looking forward to the release of Beta 4 also the TGP is just about useless with the current fog/haze condition. I'm still attempting to learn the correct procedure of locating targets and firing the Mavericks, the current condition is making this really difficult.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm too old too pout but I will!

Anyway, hope B4 is release candidate.

Doubtful, unless B4 is contains a MASSIVE number of bug fixes. If you've done much multiplayer flying you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing there will be a B5, then a release.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Is anything ever perfect? Especially something as this complex? Look at FC2 and BS. There are bugs still there even though they were released. I am not complaining. I understand that this is tough. Maybe there might be a point where an official release is made even though known bugs are present. This is new territory. Before, the public got a release and new bugs were discovered. Now the public has the beta and maybe we are all expecting perfection and we might never see it perhaps. Reminds of an artist. You can always spend just a little more time to perfect your creation, but at some time you have to go with what you got.

Of course I am biased as I just want this A-10 done in the hope that a fighter is worked on sooner :)

So...Beta 4?

Any idea how much longer?

• Like 1

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

The current hope and ambition is to release beta 4 before the 24th. No promises though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

DCS: A-10C Warthog news from Matt, "There are several very important items we are trying to address for the next beta, and these have taken longer than expected. We hope, plan, intend, but make no promises to have a new build available by 24 Dec 2010."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Any idea how much longer?

You're killing me............honestly blowup-smiley.gif

Same sub-forum, a couple of lines down and a thread asking an identical question.........How difficult is it?

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I apologize if this has been addressed, but to clarify, Will beta4 be the first build that implements the CBU-105/97 SFW as per RL specifications, or was it the plan that beta4 only focus on the INS guidance issues surrounding the WCMD? Thanks in advance. Having a blast with the sim. Stupid pun intended :D

The current hope and ambition is to release beta 4 before the 24th. No promises though.

Too early. That means i may have to pack the PC. TIR, monitor, hog and pedals in the car to visit folks for holidays.

Can you please delay B4 untill the 4th Jan or soon after.

Thanks very much. :santa:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

shhhhhhhhh (reverse psychology) :P

Better try this method

Do not forget about watching Part II of the video. If the method is not followed completely you may not be satisfied of the progress ED makes :D

• Like 1