Gau-8 Has a New Sound

lobo

Much beefier sound. Love it. Beta 5 update. :)

Tell me that would not be awesome with a buttkicker strapped to your chair.

Gau-8 firing at 1:13

Wonder if I could use that as my ring tone? Have that go off as a ringer with vibrate on? lol.

Edited by lobo**
  • Like 1

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Intel Core i7-940 2.93 GHz 8MB Cache

1000 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply

Dual 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard- Socket 1366 Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very nice. I'll be happy when B5 is released so I can run it again...haha. I've already forgot all the switches.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Nice! Another effect I would like to see added is the Cockpit view and HUD vibrating when you fire.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Thats the rounds of the T-72 that fired at Wags before he fired the GAU

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip

Perhaps I am missing something

as Scout said, the tank is firing at him :thumbup:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Sounds great! Strange though the tracers appear high up to the right of the canopy. Perhaps I am missing something or it is a know issue.

They are in the upper left at 1:13. what is that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

Why the chaff countermeasures right before the strafe?

Countermeasures are best employed preemptively. It's better to prevent the enemy from launching a missile than to try to evade it after it's launched. Standard practice is to start emitting flares and/or chaff as you roll in on a target, since anything worth blowing up is likely to be defended by something, and you can't generally see MANPADS unless they want to be seen. Even vehicle-based SHORAD can be very difficult to spot.

They are in the upper left at 1:13. what is that?

Tracers are from the tank firing at the incoming plane. You can see it firing in the external view at 1:52.

Wonder if I could use that as my ring tone? Have that go off as a ringer with vibrate on? lol.

Here's my GAU8 ringtone. I attached it in the user files section as well.

GAU8Ringtone.zip

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I definitely like the internal sound, but is it possible to keep the external sound of Beta 4 somehow? I don't know why, but I like that one better than what's in the video for external... just sounds more distant. I could be wrong, but does anyone know where I can save the external sound as a backup?

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Seriously, I love this sim! It's all the big things and all the little tiny details that make it endless happy time!! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Intel Core i7-940 2.93 GHz 8MB Cache

1000 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply

Dual 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard- Socket 1366 Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Windows 10 (64-bit)

That is a sweet video indeed, the GAU has never sounded better :thumbup:

One bugbear though, i wished there was a newer effect for the tank "cooking" prior to explosion (2 mins into video) that wierd strobing flame animation just looks wrong to me.

In a perfect world, we'd have effects like this, but i realise that the performace hit would be pretty substancial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJe9mSzC5RQ

Anyways GJ ED, and roll on Beta 5 :pilotfly:

Edited by Mustang