Any plans to offer printed manual?

Itkovian

Salutations.

Are there any plans to offer the printed DCS: A-10C manual like with DCS Black Shark?

What prompted me to buy Black Shark (finally) was when the printed manual was released, and I am hoping the same will happen with A-10C.

So, are there any plans?

I'll probably wait a bit before purchasing A-10C anyway, waiting until a patch comes out and until I can afford to purchase the Warthog HOTAS (somehow I don't think playing it with a MS FFB2 and no throttle would be anywhere near as enjoyable). But a printed manual would definitely make me spring for it (heck, I'm liable to buy the manual first *grin*).

Anyway, thank you, and I look forward to playing the sim (because no matter what, I _will_ purchase it in the next few months).

Itkovian

Actually I just wanted to create a new thread and ask the same question. :)

1) What is the state of the manual? Is it final or are you going to add more pages to it or rewrite stuff?

2) Any plans on a printed manual in the near future? :book:

I am asking because I'd really like a printed book version of the manual. If your are going to release a printed version soon then I can wait a bit and dont need to print it myself.

I previously bought all the manuals released by ED. I definatly want one for A-10 to :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

I was able to print the manual at home for about $20 in nice paper / ink (black and white) and then i took it to fedex office and they bound it and put a plastic see-through front and back cover on it for $5 (had it ready for me in 1 hour!) Its really nice and while its not professional print house quality it doesnt look too cheap either and is really sturdy. Its also leaps and bounds above hole punched 3 ring binder style manuals.

just a thought, and if you dont have any office fax / print / copy center in your area then i apologize for bragging about how easy it was :(

I am currently testing my patience by waiting for the boxed version of DCS:A10 as I have everything else ED have released on disc from the original Flanker onwards so I'm hoping that once the boxed version is released ED will also offer a printed manual to buy like the Black Shark and Lock On ones I have. I also have the awesome manual the late Nic Cole sold.

Count me in as a buyer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Excellent news. I will await the manual then.

Hopefully by then I'll be able to afford the HOTAS Warthog as well, and get the game/manual/hotas in one fell swoop. :)

Itkovian

I thought I'd want the Warthog hotas, but I'm making due pretty well with the X52 so far. I'd wait for the price to come down. Here $500 is a little steep... especially since it doesn't even come with rudders!!

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

When can we expect the completed A-10 manual as a pdf?

I'm looking through the copy of Final that I just downloaded, and there is no keyboard commands, either in the text (they're missing from the checklists) or as a separate printable keycard?

Back on Map topic. AFAIR A10C playground has been expanded from BS.

Is there any plan to realease an updated map in big size ?

And is the actuall PDF manual of the release the final or will it suffer adjustment. I don t want to print now then have to reprint unassemble and reassemble. I can wait, so no trouble. there s already so much information in the beta manual i can handle in my spare time.

But learning from PDF is PITA.

• Like 1

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too!

Will definitly be among buyers as well! It's just cool to have something in your hands... ;)

Right now I'm using the PDF manual on my iPad and it's really comfortable too...

Just marking all relevant pages for a specific task or mission and then easily jumping between them... ;)

Cheers