Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Origin was a little finicky when I first set it up as well. Password issues then it complained about my browswer. I finally just rebooted and everythng seems to work ATM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Bloody hell think you've activated it through origin, try to start the game.. Have to activate it again!?

Apparently the activation server is "having trouble"... Riiiight.. timing :P

Yea, lots of problems reported in the US though they just seem to affect activations. I am able to get on Multiplayer no problem.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If the multiplayer weren't so good I'd be dropping this like a steaming turd pile. I don't like Origin, don't like the double login of Battlelog and Origin, don't like you have to log into both just to play single player campaign.

At this early stage all the glitches that come with the Battlelog browser really sucks. I was unable to initiate Co-op games or see invites from my friends so the only option was joining a random server and when battlelog goes down or is glitchy I can't even play singleplayer.

The actual game itself is superlative. Had a blast (and giving some) when actually in game.

I got it to activate.. Apparently the servers really had some trouble.. Managed to play 10 minutes before I have to go to bed (get up early tomorrow :( ). All I can say:

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLY MOTHER!!!!!!!

WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention when I'll play more this weekend :D :drunk:

am starting to wish I had no got this game, there does not seem to be any way to unbind joysticks etc, have to unplug everything if I want to play. I got screwed over with not being able to use BF2 as well (constant BSOD only game Ive had that ever gives a BSOD btw)

Actually you don't. If you are logged off origin and double click the icon for battlefield it will launch the singleplayer campaign. You just can't access co-op or multiplayer without being logged in.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I played if for a few hours last night, love the game, the maps are awesome, cant seem to do anything but strafe in the jets, having a bit of trouble as the enmy are not identified by a red mark (i know!!) and the map seems a bit small.

I thought you could mark the enemy if you see them?

Worst thing though, there are about 30 Australian servers (I am in Aus) and they are all full, you have to trawl through them repeatedly waiting for someone to drop off! And it lags, like a timewarp one guy put it last night.

Will probably settle down soon but this is the first time i have been on since the start and yet there are still level 10's already on there.

I actually got kicked off one server for swearing at someone, yes it got that excited that I felt the need to call the player cos he was level 10 after only 1 day and kicked my ass.

am starting to wish I had no got this game, there does not seem to be any way to unbind joysticks etc, have to unplug everything if I want to play.

Hold "ESC" to unbind keys, make sure you are in the right column.

I thought you could mark the enemy if you see them?

"Q" is the default key used for spotting.

Im not sure the game fully supports joysticks yet or not. Even then I feel I can fly the helicopters just fine with the mouse and keyboard. For jets, I'm starting to transition to a keyboard only control scheme. I do find it odd that you just start off with the main cannon and everything else needs to be unlocked. Weirdly if you have additional weapon systems unlocked you can only use one at a time. For example, with the fighter aircraft I have to decide if I want a IR missile for anti-air or FFARs. Honestly, I dont even think having short range heaters matter. You cant fire your gun while trying to acquire a missile lock, flares are 100% effective, and in the time it takes to reacquire after they flare, their flares are practically reloaded. I'd rather just gun em quick and easy and make sure I have extra a2g ordinance. That said, it brings me joy everytime I shoot down a Flanker in my AH-1Z with Aim-9s onboard.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'm not a stickler for third party game streams like Steam, but I don't like how Origin is setup frankly. I find it sloppy and clunky and can't stand the browser search for games part of it. It has been about 6 years since I've played a FPS on PC (COD 2) I moved over to Consoles because my friends were gaming there, but gave that up 2 years ago.

Funny enough, I find the mouse keyboard combo now more difficult. It's going to take some adjusting big time as my in game skills are horrid at the moment ;).

The multiplayer player itself is fantastic fun and it's worth dealing with Origin to play.

ok after some tweaking and fiddling I managed to get some multiplayer time in without crashes. Not really sure what I did but I was able to stay in the same server for over 2 hours without a crash or BSOD. Time will tell if its truely fixed but so far so good.

I do like the big maps though.

excellent game

pity that i lost my rank from the beta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Limped around a coupla maps and had the fortune to stumble onto Metro Conquest.......:eek:

In my 40-odd years of existence I have NEVER experienced a greater clusterf*#k than 32 players on the top of an escalator with another 32 on the bottom, all fighting for their own piece of the Pie!

My Gawd, the absolute Mayhem! Oh yes - did I mention it's probably the best fun I've had in a long time? And then there was the 325-point headshot from the deck of the aircraft-carrier: Priceless :megalol:

:thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh yes, Conquest on Metro pretty much defines the term, "meat grinder". I thought it was bad on rush mode, make it a conquest and it is impossible to advance to the next point.

Battlelog aint so bad, it is growing on me. Its got all of the stats available at your fingertips and its pretty easy to get in game. What I don't get is why the hell origin is required. Its like EA decided to re-brand their download server and try to make it compete with Steam, yet Dice went ahead and made their own steam-like website just for Battlefield and did it better.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Battlelog aint so bad, it is growing on me.....

Yeah - it's pretty nifty once you're jumped through all the hoops of getting there. Much easier than the BFBC2 browser, especially when it comes to searching for servers.

......What I don't get is why the hell origin is required....

Agreed - apart from the update it warned me about and the download thereof it pretty much sits pretty in the system tray. Oh well, out of sight then out of mind as they say.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Come one then, what are everyone's Battlelog soldier names?

Eddie686 is mine, mostly hanging around on the Overclockers.co.uk server and others run by people on their forums.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL