Ladder Door?

jocko417

Would be cool to have to remember to close the ladder as part of the startup sequence.

Technically you can't close the ladder from the cockpit, your crew chief has to do it for you.

That being said, I wish the ladder door and W79 (single point refueling receptacle) were open when you first get to a jet (ramp start).

I've seen screenshots with various panels open on the aircraft, how do I get this to happen in the sim, I've tried the rearm bit but nothing happens.

TIA

I've found the easiest way is fly low over the triple A guns, they always seem to open most of my panels for me. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Excuse my ignorance... but how do you call for a repair?

I've not seen this radio option either. However, being damage during a flight, landing and then shutting down on the ramp you'll see it...eventually. In fact, your plane gets put on jacks, the access doors open and your crew chief starts yelling at you: "What are you doing!" :D

on_jacks.thumb.jpg.a01b07de8e3a85f54b54d2b30371df5a.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IIRC, it takes three minutes to repair your a/c. Also, don't shut down - ask for ground power. That way you won't lose CDU alignment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

257th Fighting Falcons/First VFW-25th Virtual Fighter Squadron

Specs: Win7 HP 64 bit, i7-960 @ 3.2GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz, Intel-based Alienware mobo, 256GB Samsung SSD, WD 1.0TB HD, Samsung LCD monitor @ 1920x1200, TM Warthog, SIMPED vario F-16 rudders w/brakes, R.A.T. 7 mouse, 2xMimo 7" LCDs, 2xTM Cougar MFDs, and TrackIR4 w/Pro Clip. Wife who tolerates it. Cat who thinks she can interrupt at ANY time. :doh:

Theres a glitch in the ammo panel, great detail you can even see the rounds on the feed belt...BUT Ed forgot to stop the ammo showing when u have emptyed the gun, you can still see them!!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Technically you can't close the ladder from the cockpit, your crew chief has to do it for you.

That being said, I wish the ladder door and W79 (single point refueling receptacle) were open when you first get to a jet (ramp start).

Capture.JPG.c3ec106e6e4b291a0724a2d6f30da6f3.JPG

This nonfunctional switch could help us in that matter :smilewink:

Edited by REL

[ATTACH]49413[/ATTACH]

True but real world that switch only unlocks the ladder door, the ladder is spring loaded to kick out and drop down. Now way for the pilot to put the ladder up and close the door.

It'd be great if, like in the one mission where the crew chief starts running onto the ramp, you could have a guy that comes over to the jet to close the doors. Even if you don't see him physically doing it, just him moving from spot to spot to do it would be great eye candy from in the cockpit.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

It'd be great if, like in the one mission where the crew chief starts running onto the ramp, you could have a guy that comes over to the jet to close the doors. Even if you don't see him physically doing it, just him moving from spot to spot to do it would be great eye candy from in the cockpit.

I agree!!!

• 4 months later...
[ATTACH]49413[/ATTACH]

Now fully functional since 1.1.0.9, for those who hadn't noticed.

As is Canopy Jettison Handle!!

canopyandladdercontrols.jpg

Still no little guys running about though LOL :)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Now fully functional since 1.1.0.9, for those who hadn't noticed.

As is Canopy Jettison Handle!!

Prior to 0.9, I found that the canopy open switch did a fine job of jettisoning the canopy if you were airborne when it was activated.:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why is the ladder door even included? we can't go out the regular way can we?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well for me it is because of the door art option and it's a big historical thing for A-10s.

Leave it to the US Air Force to go from highly artistic, stylized nose arts in WW2 to a tiny little painting inside a panel that has to be closed for flight... we had some guys paint the underside of a speed brake with the squadron colors and logo on the OG aircraft and they got in trouble with that.

The best part is, the USAF officially just talks non-stop about heritage even though they piss on and draft new regs every week to ban anything even remotely morale-building. Hell, I'm surprised there's even A-10 squadrons that can still paint the tusks on... though that doesn't change the fact that most of them cannot even if they once did.

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Leave it to the US Air Force to go from highly artistic, stylized nose arts in WW2 to a tiny little painting inside a panel that has to be closed for flight... we had some guys paint the underside of a speed brake with the squadron colors and logo on the OG aircraft and they got in trouble with that.

The best part is, the USAF officially just talks non-stop about heritage even though they piss on and draft new regs every week to ban anything even remotely morale-building. Hell, I'm surprised there's even A-10 squadrons that can still paint the tusks on... though that doesn't change the fact that most of them cannot even if they once did.

I know ACC won't let us have door art anymore...PACAF, ANG, and USAFR can...not sure about USAFE.

I found that the electric power would momentarily cut out when moving from AC generators to APU gen, so always used ground power. This was in 1.1.0.8 though so probably isn't true any more.

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals