Who Would Buy DCS SU-25T?

I really really enjoyed it, finished the Campaign and was thinking of redoing it with an added old monitor 1280x800, as the shkval. I would have bought it if it was module. It was perfect for learning, now im deeplt into the A10C. Im very happy with DCS world, ive bought all the modules except Helis... for the time being.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great and all, but the current Su-25T is technically not real.

It is ED version of it and in order to create a DCS level aircraft, it has to be a real life aircraft with a real configuration.

Ka-50, for example, was based on the Ka-50 with tail Number 25.

Almost every Ka-50 is different.

And so are the Su-25Ts.

The one we have in DCS, since FC1, is not based on any particular aircraft but a vision by ED of what it should have been like.

So, I'd go ahead and predict that the Su-25T will never be a DCS level aircraft, because as it is in DCS, it does not exist, unfortunately.

:cry:

But on a positive note, the 6DOF will come to the T.

And together with AFM as it is, there's really no need for a click-able cockpit.

Such ideas do not seem totally wrong but the trained pilots knew then and know now how to operate SU-25T.

It is quite possible to simulate only 10% of systems whilst flying AFM and that idea could be applied across the board for all aircraft.

So why do people dedicate their time learning the principles of flight in terms of systems? This isn’t a real question, SU-25T is like any other aircraft with potential to be simulated like KA-50.

Tbh I would rather see a Su-25A at full DCS standard :). It's more maneuverable and quicker, the T was just too slow and too heavy considering they share the same powerplant IIRC? That being said, any DCS level Su-25 would be most welcome, it's the aircraft I've flown almost exclusively since FC came out :).

Edited by 159th_LoneWolf

I would buy such module, it would give me great time by revisiting the frog, however vanilla is more preferable.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'll take the Su-25A in a fully clickable cockpit, in Hi fi setting anyday...

But seriously, aren't we all done with Flaming cliffs?? We're supposed to be on the flagship of modern combat flight sims now...

Ask me if you'd take another F-16 made to full specs and cockpit by ED, I'll say definitely... I'll even buy 2 more for the kids (when I do have kids)... Anything with clickable cockpit and a yellow going green cross or rotate button is in the bag, at least in my case.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

FC3 is actively being developed with AFM and 6DOF being introduced to most if not all aircraft.

There's no way we're going to be done with FC3, it is the core of DCS.

And now, with LOMAC not required any longer and the Steam FC3 release, we'll only get more players in DCS.

This might be less a development of FC3, and more a move to migrating FC3 aircraft out into stand-alone modules. Perhaps even - hopefully - into DCS level modules.

Although I agree, getting more Steam players onto FC3 is a very good marketing move.

• 6 months later...

Bump....

I wonder if ED has any interest in doing this. I would def buy the T.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SU-25TSMFGHAOUHDIWUAHWIDAUDYGUWDG!

I hope that line tells about my attitude. :) I love Su-25T and am instant buyer, too. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I'm going to be honest and say I'm not really interested in any Russian aircraft or helicopters, just mostly in modern western airplanes (not saying Russian aircraft aren't modern, just saying I want modern western airplanes rather than old western airplanes). However, I will buy anything that ED develops or any of their partner 3rd party devs, so if there would be a Su-25T, I would happily buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS made me love all Russian flying machines.

^^^^ Well said. Same here!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a DCS SU-25T. Probably less so for the original Su-25, but the -T version would be great.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.