ArmA III

Eight Ball

licensing? then explain how they were able to use real life equipment and uniforms in arma 1 and 2?

as for ace, what a joke. the very definition of bloatware.

and porting mods over from arma 2 will be a waste of everyone's time. ugly, low detail models from arma 1 era=bad. best thing to do will be to create new models for it.

as for the engine. it looks like vehicle and object physics are in. view distance and terrain obviously better. higher detailed models and shaders.

but one thing, will soldiers still have trouble going inside buildings? i saw various screenshots where the same stupid sit and stand animations from arma 1 are still being used. the animation system looks like it'll be the same exact thing as confirmed by all shots and videos.

not impressed. and i want to wait and see how everyone reacts when it turns out to be true. probably blind loyalty takes over the cerebellum again.

If someone likes ARMA it's probably not the extreme case of blind loyalty. It's probably simply because they enjoy it. Despite it's flaws.

I somewhat appreciate your cynical attitude though :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

licensing? then explain how they were able to use real life equipment and uniforms in arma 1 and 2?

as for ace, what a joke. the very definition of bloatware.

and porting mods over from arma 2 will be a waste of everyone's time. ugly, low detail models from arma 1 era=bad. best thing to do will be to create new models for it.

as for the engine. it looks like vehicle and object physics are in. view distance and terrain obviously better. higher detailed models and shaders.

but one thing, will soldiers still have trouble going inside buildings? i saw various screenshots where the same stupid sit and stand animations from arma 1 are still being used. the animation system looks like it'll be the same exact thing as confirmed by all shots and videos.

not impressed. and i want to wait and see how everyone reacts when it turns out to be true. probably blind loyalty takes over the cerebellum again.

ACE rocks, if you don't like it then don't install it. For me ACE improves the realism of Arma 1 and 2, also the 3d models are not as bad as you are saying they are actually quite good. If Arma3 has a more detailed graphics engine and supports better more detailed 3d models then it maybe up to the devs as to whether or not such addons can be added but I wouldn't have a problem with it so far what I've seen looks good.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Some more news on Arma III

419045_331942870185783_192181357495269_852742_1506388830_n.jpg

Behind the Scenes!

Ahead of a forthcoming developer's blog, here's a peek at the kind of behind-the-scenes photos we're all set to share!

In the post, Ivan Buchta describes a field trip to Hungary, where some of the team were able to get to grips with a certain beast:

"the worst thing that could happen is that you miss the berm and the bullet would continue to a nearby village, or you displace your shoulder and the optics would tear into your forehead" ... the instructor 'joked'!

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

The sounds I have been most impressed by, that BIS have made, would probably be the Helicopter sounds for Operation Arrowhead. They sounded really nice. BIS can be a bit hit and miss with their sounds though. I remember the A10 GAU sounded like a Browning M2 :doh: .

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

They later take away the need for the disc in the drive but they don't take out the DRM.

And yes FADE is better then the other stupid stuff outthere like what Ubi curled out.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

My eyes ho god, those are beautifull. Ok thats the topping of the cake but even so.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

The best thing about BIS is that you can mod the hell out of their games.

This! I wouldn't even play the sim if it wasn't for ACE 2.

Man, can you imagine that terrain in DCS?

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Not enough time in the day/week/month for all the gaming I want to do!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Not enough time in the day/week/month for all the gaming I want to do!

Not enough time to learn them all much less play them!:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not enough time to learn them all much less play them!:P

That's true! I don't see how people can play so many different games. I forget what buttons do what after a few weeks of not playing.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

That's true! I don't see how people can play so many different games. I forget what buttons do what after a few weeks of not playing.

I play that many games. Some sims, some as unrealistic as they come. I sometimes suffer from the very problem you mention.

I play that many games. Some sims, some as unrealistic as they come. I sometimes suffer from the very problem you mention.

I recommend, and maintain, a large collection of 'cheat sheets'.:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I recommend, and maintain, a large collection of 'cheat sheets'.:P

Lol, me too! And they're starting to really pile up. :cry:

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

I need to go kill some bad guys with my 107 again, maybe I'll play it this weekend.

I found this interesting info on the BI forum. It seems that the tanks and vehicels will be modular. It's a interesting feature.

The vehicles in ArmA3 are modular, that means that you can add different things to the base model such as extra armour, a turret and other things that we don't know yet. Vehicle modularity is on the list on the first page.

Indeed! These are part of the modular turrets. We can equip various parts of a vehicle. E.g. the Patria AMV can be equipped with a NEMO mortar system or a MG turret which can also be found on the M-ATV.

You can also take the merkava base, equip it with a artillery turret and put a MG turret on top of it.

The vehicle customization really goes into details just like the soldier loadouts.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I need to go kill some bad guys with my 107 again, maybe I'll play it this weekend.

If you play ACE, the guys over at the 15th run a wonderful server that does Fallujah and domination. Some of the guys don't like the Iraq map though as it lags older computers. Still, it is great playing with other people, even as a pubby, that enjoy teamwork.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.