Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

We should have some better answers regarding Steam woes once the team has been able to investigate. It's still only 4 am in Moscow.

ok thank you.

thx for your great work, it's appreciated :thumbup:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, do you know if I can install two versions of ka50?

1.02 and the version 2 ka50. You can do this? or the protection of the various log files are in conflict?

They are independent. You can have both installed at the same time. They use separate licenses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have to say, ED, the new BS cockpit! WOOOOOOOW that looks amazing!

The whole thing looks excellent although I never really spent much time in BS before but I know it did not look this nice.

Even worth the trouble of installing BS 1 first.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Correct: when "the whole DCS thing started" that was stated as the ambition.

It was, however, quickly realized that this wasn't going to work, and for example the DCS Warthog FAQ has always stated that "[ED] hopes to be able to produce a compatibility upgrade".

Unfortunately, the old statement has seen a lot of repetition even recently in articles by the press and on other forums, but these have not been ED statements. As I am sure you understand, it is hard for ED to run around and correct the whole internet, if you excuse the slightly hyperbolic expression.

The item in the FAQ regarding this has in fact never changed. Things have a tendency to go sideways at the worst times, so the language was carefully chosen. Now, it has always been our hope, wish, desire to do free patches, but the amount of new content, time, and resources that went into the upgrade led us down this path. We are not a non-profit charity and have to make hard decisions in order to keep the doors open and continue making the games we love. I'm sorry that a few members here are not happy with our decision and I hope you will still enjoy our products.

I cannot promise when or if it will happen, but we are certainly investigating a means of better integrating the entire DCS series.

Edited by Wags

is it possible to make another upgrade with russian fac ^^

inu drift , warm start , hot start , ground resonance, Dynamic rollover etc:thumbup:

modular upgrade

VEAF 735th - www.veaf.org - Formateur Ka50

Escadrille Francophone évoluant sur DCS.

En savoir plus : http://www.veaf.org/fr/735-escadrille-virtuelle-dcs-fancaise

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/nous-rejoindre

Here is my take on the whole pay to upgrade approach. Right now i have the A10 and BS. They are both fine sims, but combining them into one battlefield adds a lot of value. In essence, it takes the entire experience further. Now add to that an F16 or F18 with carrier ops. So lets say i had to upgrade the A10 and BS when i bought the F18. Doesn't having the option to fly the A10 or the BS against or with the new F18 add value? Of course it does. Now there are new players, improved features, and other goodies that take my A10 and BS titles further than when i bought them. I guess i am just looking at it from the stand point that even paying $20 each to upgrade the previous titles is not money poorly spent.

Imagine what would happen if an F16 gets built. Do you think expanding the universe with F16 pilots does not improve the game for A10 pilots? Of course it does.

Put it another way. Would we rather save $20 and not be able to fly BS and A10 together?

We all know the answer.

• ED Team

SO I see they are going to look into compatibility with the steam version of BS, but will there be a steam version of BS2 eventually? I would rather buy it through steam, but if there wont be a version for steam I would like not to have to wait for nothing :)

Please update if a steam version of BS 2 is being worked on or not please :pilotfly:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You also could consider as I have heard it may times that we are reaping some of the rewards of the military contracts that ED get and that we are the secondary market.

That could mean that a lot of the decisions that are made are made firstly for their larger customers who probably do not care if a10 is compatible with BS but they may care about the cost and other things that could make it difficult for ED to keep all products integrated all the time.

What can they say to their large contracts? Sorry this will take more time to deliver because we need to keep compatibility with the _games_?

They no doubt have issues with satisfying the large customers who subsidise us, the small customers. This is all just a guess but I have spent a lot of time doing this stuff and have many times annoyed a number of customers because the 'big contract' needed something that screws up the big picture for a while and then it does take effort to get things back on track for everyone.

• Like 1

You also could consider as I have heard it may times that we are reaping some of the rewards of the military contracts that ED get and that we are the secondary market.

That could mean that a lot of the decisions that are made are made firstly for their larger customers who probably do not care if a10 is compatible with BS but they may care about the cost and other things that could make it difficult for ED to keep all products integrated all the time.

What can they say to their large contracts? Sorry this will take more time to deliver because we need to keep compatibility with the _games_?

They no doubt have issues with satisfying the large customers who subsidise us, the small customers. This is all just a guess but I have spent a lot of time doing this stuff and have many times annoyed a number of customers because the 'big contract' needed something that screws up the big picture for a while and then it does take effort to get things back on track for everyone.

Or, as Wags sig says "EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE" :)

Nate