Flaming Cliffs 3

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General reminder: please stay on topic.

Any further violations may be met with administrative action. Thankyou.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How do you add skins for the Mig-29, SU-33 and the SU-27 under FC3?

The description.lua is almost empty !!

Here is an example of a Mig-29S description.lua file

livery = {

}

name = "733th guards regiment, damgarten ab (gdr)"

id = 4

countries = {

"RUS",

}

Speed is life !!!

FC3 is the last of the series.

Yeah but thats what they said when FC2 was released :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed with some models. For example engine fans of A10A are just still textures, while the C version has nice, dynamic animated fans. SU27, 33 and all MiGs are too "square". I hope the final release will contain more "DCSish" models ;)

F-15C questions

1. Does the F-15C's MFD have any sub menus?

2. Does the F-15C's MFD interface with the TM Cougar MFDs?

3. Does anyone have a pic of the USAFs HOTAS functions for the F-15C (seen one for the F-15E and plenty for the F-16s out there but haven't found one for the F-15C).

Thanks, I haven't bought into FC3 yet. I've been waiting for the "next DCS fixed wing US jet" like the rest with eager anticipation (to put it mildly :pilotfly:)

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible for me to copy the old LOMAC, FC1, and FC2 campaigns into FC3 and fly them in FC3??

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

1. Does the F-15C's MFD have any sub menus?

2. Does the F-15C's MFD interface with the TM Cougar MFDs?

3. Does anyone have a pic of the USAFs HOTAS functions for the F-15C (seen one for the F-15E and plenty for the F-16s out there but haven't found one for the F-15C).

Thanks, I haven't bought into FC3 yet. I've been waiting for the "next DCS fixed wing US jet" like the rest with eager anticipation (to put it mildly :pilotfly:)

1. No

2. No

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

1. No

2. No

Rough. Okay, looks like it has a nice pit though. I'll probably sit this one out though, I just can't go back now that the DCS has even us so much more. Its probably a good setup for beginners looking to learn the basics. I may buy it to support ED all the same.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have DCW latest version and Im confused about how to buy and install the new flaming cliffs three.

Do I need to buy the previous FC versions first?

yup, it's stated on their page "Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs."

yup, it's stated on their page "Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs."

Wait a second: let's be clear.

NO, you do not have to have FC:

"Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat OR a previous version Flaming Cliffs."

That would mean you can install over one of two things:

1. Vanilla LOMAC, OR

2. LOMAC -plus- FC1 or FC2.

So no, if you don't have FC1 or FC2, just install LOMAC, have DCS on the drive, and go.

I purchased LOMAC via the Ubisoft website link that was on the FC3 webpage. I've already downloaded and installed the new version of DCS: World, and my other modules have all installed just fine (except BS2, since I have the upgrade version and had uninstalled BS1 after I'd installed BS2 a while back, but that's a separate issue).

When I try to run the module for FC3, it tells me that I need to have LOMAC installed. It does this even if I am running LOMAC in another window at the same time! What am I not doing properly here?

Did u install LOMAC? I have the disc version. I installed lomac...didnt even run it. Just ran the FC3 installer and it added it to DCS world.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|