Steam Sale! DCS: A-10C for $20 till Nov 28th

kylania

Hoyz

Anyone seen A-10C back on sale ?

I've missed out on last sale and have been waiting for ages to buy this game. (Over a year :().

Cant wait for DCS to put this game back on sale for $19,99 or the steam sale @ 33%, 60% 66% or $13,59 ...

Kind Regards

I was fortunate enough to pick it up on sale.

I'm a cheapskate through and through, and am always looking for a bargain. "Got burned to many times paying full price for crappy games."

DCS A-10 is well worth the full price admission. If you can pick it up on sale "Great!" If not grab it anyway. You won't be sorry.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can´t afford the full retail price:(

You have missed a lot of sales if you have been wanting it for a year.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wouldn't buy anything from Steam.

There is no proper telephone support when it stops working and the online support tells you to click links that aren't there and the password reset system is non-existent.

It's just a broken mess.

I realize other people may have problems, but Steam is one of the best things that has happened to PC gaming in my opinion. I've never had a single issue since launch. And come to think of it, not one person I know that uses Steam has ever had a problem.

I've also been able to buy games for sometimes as cheap as $2 or $3.

I'd hardly call it a broken mess, even if you don't like it.

I know, next time i'll be there. I was always to late.

I'd rather not buy from steam, but at least steam gives discounts. DCS only once every year or less.

Actually, IIRC, everytime Steam put it on sale (with the possible exception of the big summer sale) ED followed suit at the same price.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I realize other people may have problems, but Steam is one of the best things that has happened to PC gaming in my opinion. I've never had a single issue since launch. And come to think of it, not one person I know that uses Steam has ever had a problem.

I've also been able to buy games for sometimes as cheap as $2 or $3.

I'd hardly call it a broken mess, even if you don't like it.

They obviously haven't used it much. It's down for patches regularly, the anti-cheat system is a farce (ever played MW3?) and the status page is never updated so it always says that it's working fine even if it isn't and once you have a problem you're completely isolated.

This is all I get from Steam now:

steampy.png

It appears I'm not connected to the internet? Really? Well how am I posting this? Not configured correctly? Configuration is unchanged from last time it did work? Perhaps latest patch isn't configured correctly more like.

Edited by marcos

They obviously haven't used it much. It's down for patches regularly, the anti-cheat system is a farce (ever played MW3?) and the status page is never updated so it always says that it's working fine even if it isn't and once you have a problem you're completely isolated.

I use steam on a daily base since 2006 and never had any issues. (Purchased about 100 games on steam)

I use steam on a daily base since 2006 and never had any issues. (Purchased about 100 games on steam)

Don't believe you. No way has anyone gone 6 years without any glitch.

The only positive from this is that I won't be able to purchase anymore games from them until they fix the error even if I wanted to.

The fact they don't have a telephone helpline indicates just how bad their problems are.

Edited by marcos

Been using Steam for years with no Steam related issues.

Even the minor annoyances with Steam game patches being behind seem to have been taken care of.

Picking up the Total War Collection for 12 bucks is always nice as well.

Marocs, It seems you are the minority with issues.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

Well it's been down in a widely acknowledged way several times over the last few years, as agreed by the whole of steam forums.

The problem isn't just that it goes down though, it's the total lack of support. E.g. the fact there's no phone line, the fact that you can send a problem to steam support with no communication for several days besides the automated bullshit, which I don't class as communication. So you kind of sit there not even knowing if anyone is actually on the problem or if there's ever going to be a response. There's only really 2 possibilities:

1) No one is there to help.

2) The help is useless.

3) They're already bogged down with similar problems, meaning their software is at fault.

As for the forum, there are no official staff to help, just users with similar problems or other problems.

The firewall and security settings on my PC are unchanged from the last time it worked and I'm sick of the likes of them and Origin (to be fair and unbiased) insisting that there's a problem with the perfectly normal configuration of people's PCs. It's not the customer who should have to change perfectly normal PC OS and config. to suit their software, it's them that's needs to change their software to work with normal PC OS and config.

Been using Steam for years with no Steam related issues.

Even the minor annoyances with Steam game patches being behind seem to have been taken care of.

Picking up the Total War Collection for 12 bucks is always nice as well.

Marocs, It seems you are the minority with issues.

No it seems that new people are joining the forum to disagree or have vested interest. If you want a true account, visit Steam Forums and view all the issues there.

With 10s of millions of users, I can imagine that if the need arises, support could well be slow + frustrating when you MUST HAVE YOUR GAMING FIX.

But for me as a low-moderate user (getting old), I think Steam is an amazing platform and an amazing bit of engineering.

Can you imagine if EA had bought Steam?? <Shudder>....

i7@3.5Ghz, ATI 5870, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit, TH2GO, Track-IR, 4screen pit, TM WArthog HOTAS

@ Marcros Not to be a smart mouth or anything.......But taking from this post alone you do not have a "Normal PC OS and Config" as you stated.

I bet I could walk you through a fix. Or even better go to Microsofts website and get their "MicrosoftFixit-Portable" run it on your system and it will fix it for you.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

No it seems that new people are joining the forum to disagree or have vested interest. If you want a true account, visit Steam Forums and view all the issues there.

Huh? What are you trying to say here?

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

@ Marcros Not to be a smart mouth or anything.......But taking from this post alone you do not have a "Normal PC OS and Config" as you stated.

I bet I could walk you through a fix. Or even better go to Microsofts website and get their "MicrosoftFixit-Portable" run it on your system and it will fix it for you.

So Windows 7 64-bit is not a normal OS? How is my config. abnormal in any way? If you can walk me through a fix, please do, I'm all ears.

Funny how the rest of the internet is working just fine for me and it's just Steam's software that can't connect.

With 10s of millions of users, I can imagine that if the need arises, support could well be slow + frustrating when you MUST HAVE YOUR GAMING FIX.

But for me as a low-moderate user (getting old), I think Steam is an amazing platform and an amazing bit of engineering.

Can you imagine if EA had bought Steam?? <Shudder>....

I just want the problem fixed. I don't even want to use it right now, it's just an annoying problem that I'm trying to fix in my free time.

If EA had bought it, it would be equally as shit. The connectivity would probably be better but I know that when Origin took over, Crysis simply stopped working for me, because it was still looking for EA Download. Couldn't re-download it because of some software cock-up with CD keys, where it just kept downloading and never ended. The difference was that Origin actually had a phone number and I got a free copy of Battlefield 3 in compensation. Steam has no contact number at all and neither does Valve, which is diabolical for any operational company.

Edited by marcos

Macros.....You do have a valid point there. Try the Fixit Tool from microsofts support site first could auto fix it for you.

Here is the link for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Wouldn't buy anything from Steam.

There is no proper telephone support when it stops working and the online support tells you to click links that aren't there and the password reset system is non-existent.

It's just a broken mess.

Buy from Steam, Right Click A-10C in My Game/Library, Copy Key, paste in Notepad. (dont start the download/install)

Goto ED's Site and Download 64Bit ISOs from there for A-10C 1.1.2.1, DCSW 1.2.1 and A-10 1.2.0 Module,

Install A-10C 1.1.2.1

use Serial Key to Register A-10C 1.1.2.1,

Click MP Server, Make ED MP Login Account.

Install DCSW

Install A-10 Module.

All you're using steam for is to get a License key Dirt Cheap, if you follow the above steps, you wont even need to have steam running at all, not even the service.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No need to use any A-10C module other than 1.2.0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

They obviously haven't used it much.

We've all used it on a regular basis since HL2 came out, so that's about 8 years now. Although you seem pretty set on not listening to what anyone else has to say.

Not all software works wonders for everyone, but Steam has proven to be a solid means of digitally distributing games. If you don't like it, you don't even have to use it with DCS A10 as others have pointed out.

Please explain Dirt(y) Cheap. €49,99/$39,99@steam doesn't sound Dirty Cheap to me ?

Does Steam have different price by regions? Mine shows 49,99 euros as well.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p