How to map Long Press in controll options?

Hi there. just got this sim a day ago. Im flying with Track ir 5 and Logitech G940.

Im trying to map all my keys but i cant figure out how to map the press long commands. have been trying to hold the buttons down forever but as soon as i release it sets as an ordinary press and removes the inbut from the function i want the press short on.

I found a bunch of modifyers but there was only like ctrl, shift alt etc.

Any one who could help me with this? :huh:

cheers1

? A long press is just that, the same button pressed for a longer duration, there is no long press mapping.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

yeah, but how am I Assigning that in the controlls then? Im very confused about this.. Say that i want my "Fire Button" to be Weapon release on press and Emergency Disconnect Lever on Hold long. how do i do this? =/

maybe im thinking the wrong way?

yeah, but how am I Assigning that in the controlls then? Im very confused about this.. Say that i want my "Fire Button" to be Weapon release on press and Emergency Disconnect Lever on Hold long. how do i do this? =/

maybe im thinking the wrong way?

You are thinking the wrong way. The short and long presses are the way the RL controls work, hence, the way those specific controls work in the sim. It was not ED combining functions to fit a limited number of controls.

If you want to do what you have described above, then you will have to do it within the software for your stick. Though I have never used one, I would think that the G940 has enough hats/buttons to reasonably handle what you need without jumping through hoops.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I have the same problems with G940. Posted a few times and received only one answer. This forum is not very helpful and the answer above to your question is not an answer! Sorry, but at least I am not alone. I think somebody should post examples on how to set up the flight controls so that we can understand. Lets still hope....

I have the same problems with G940. Posted a few times and received only one answer. This forum is not very helpful and the answer above to your question is not an answer! Sorry, but at least I am not alone. I think somebody should post examples on how to set up the flight controls so that we can understand. Lets still hope....

Is there a question in this post?

The answers to the OP would have been more complete had they responded.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm?

Eddie did reply just now. The Short and Long variants of presses are tied to certain features on the Warthog itself, it's not a specific way to bind a key.

Take the China Hat, for instance. In the control options you can set one button to "HOTAS China Hat Aft" and one to "HOTAS China Hat Forward".

Let's say you bound "Button 1" to the forward command. In case you want to make it a short command, press it quickly. However, if you want it to be a long command, then you hold it for a while.

What you were trying to do there with different things that's not in the Warthog itself could probably be accomplished with scripting. I'm not familiar with Logitech's support for scripting and similar fun stuff...

However, if I were to do it, I'd probably have a script trigger on Button Down, then have it count the time said button is held down. On release it could call a second script (or proceed to phase two in itself), while passing the amount of time the button was held down for.

If < x seconds then it can send one command, if more, send another...

But as mentioned, this is something that has to be done with the stick itself, and not the sim. I hope that helps somewhat.

Problems setting up switches on the HOTAS Warthog or similar?

Tutorial Here

Mibo, I've read your questions. They are very specific to using G940. There is unfortunately not too many users of this stick thus there is not too many people who can answer. Maybe we, as G940 guys, should start thread specific to this great stick. Not sure how to do it, just an idea. You are active on this forum for like 2 mths. You will see, as many of us, that forum is extremly helpfull. All you need is ask relevant questions. Cheers and Good luck.

What you were trying to do there with different things that's not in the Warthog itself could probably be accomplished with scripting. I'm not familiar with Logitech's support for scripting and similar fun stuff...

However, if I were to do it, I'd probably have a script trigger on Button Down, then have it count the time said button is held down. On release it could call a second script (or proceed to phase two in itself), while passing the amount of time the button was held down for.

If < x seconds then it can send one command, if more, send another...

That is about right. The scripting tools for the TM Warthog have a function for the 'long and short' presses that is designed to specifically emulate the way the RL A-10 cockpit controls function.

I would imaging it would be possible to do with other controllers like the G940 but, as you said, it is a controller specific issue. It has nothing to do with the sim.

There is no more magic to setting up A-10 than any other flight sim. However, if you wish to have a button on your controller assigned to two different functions then you will have to either use modifiers, as explained in the GUI, or create a script for your controller.

If there is something about modifiers within the sim that you do not understand than perhaps one of us here can try to explain it better. If it is a G940 scripting issue then you really do need to be talking to people who are using, have used, that controller.

There's no trick or scripting needed for long pressing with G940. I use the profiler, not the in-game mapping. Map the button you want. If it calls for a long or short stroke, then that's what you do. Hold the button down for long stroke command or quick push of the button for a short command. I didn't have to do any scripting changes for my profile I created.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 years later...

Has anyone found a way to assign long press actions for a CH Pro Throttle and/or CH Fighterstick using the in-game A-10C GUI? It would be nice if you could simply long press a button to assign a long press function, but it only registers short presses.

So how does the sim know that TMS Up Long is Make SPI if the GUI only allows it to be assigned as HOTAS TMS Up without any distinction between short or long? What if for some reason I wanted TMS Up Long to be something besides Make SPI?

Bottom line, I want to assign long press functions to buttons and hats that don't already have a long press assignment, such as Coolie Hat Up Long, without the hassle of scripts or CM Manager which (for me) always end up causing problems/conflicts.

Impossible?

(Yes, I've searched this forum and the CH forums. If there's already guidance somewhere that I missed please let me know.)

What you're asking isn't possible without a script with either your joystick profiler, or other tools such as xpadder. The Warthog, the physical A-10C controls are built with long presses on China Hat, TMS, DMS etc. You can't remap TMS long to something to your choice.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

That's unfortunate. Since the sim allows long and short press functionality you'd think they would have allowed that functionality in the assignment GUI.

If anyone can explain exactly how to do it with Control Manager, or direct me to some instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Impossible?

It depends on the Hotas that you are using, because this functionality can only be achieved using the Hotas programming software, as DCS by itself cant do it.

I have a TM Cougar, and I can program the long presses using its programming utility.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That's unfortunate. Since the sim allows long and short press functionality you'd think they would have allowed that functionality in the assignment GUI.

If anyone can explain exactly how to do it with Control Manager, or direct me to some instructions, I'd appreciate it.

I’m not familiar with Ch Manager language, but try looking for “press” “hold” options on Ch Hangar forums. http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/forum.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Learn to use the manager first if you haven't? That is If you still want to go down the path of programing a long press in CH manager.

An easier way in DCS for you to double your amount of buttons is to assign the pinky button (4) on the throttle as a modifier in DCS.

This will then allow (all the buttons again) to be reused when this button is held down.

Example:

Add a modifier in DCS

attachment.php?attachmentid=183774&stc=1&d=1525259557

What's the switches section? If you assign the button there it will work like an OFF/ON switch, not a momentary held down button.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183775&stc=1&d=1525259557

Example of using it with the landing gear

Click the modifier button then add the key you want to use

attachment.php?attachmentid=183776&stc=1&d=1525259557

Fighterstick USB includes axis and 24 buttons (Now 48- + all the throttle buttons.

Want more? Assign another button to be a modifier, the only problem here is that you will lose that as a normal button, that's why I only use button 4 on the throttle.

Start to Learn CH manager

Then download this very good profile HERE if you have FC3?

This profile even includes word docs with pictures of key placements (You can edit and print) and even programed with long press commands in, it also as all the commands in CH Manager so you can swap out and change any commands easy.

This will not take you two minutes to learn tho.;) This profile will help if you want to learn.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183777&stc=1&d=1525261001

Manager CMS scripting for a (long press) for the above screenshot.

// ACS: Route Follow Mode - Hold for 2 seconds

TIMER ( ONDELAY, D1, 20 ) = JS2.B31;

CMS.B9 = D1;

// ACS: Level Flight Overide - Hold for 2 seconds

TIMER ( ONDELAY, D2, 20 ) = JS2.B27;

CMS.B10 = D2;

// Cobra/Nose Wheel Steering - Hold for 2 seconds

TIMER ( ONDELAY, D3, 30 ) = JS1.B4;

CMS.B11 = D3;

Start at the CH Hanger forum

Download control manager dummies guide you will need to signup to the forum to download the guide.

CH Manager is still working, but there are problems showing using the manger in Win 10 sometimes, not lately tho? and I do use the profile (modified) above for FC3. I'm changing gear soon and will be letting go of the trusty CH gear and manger. I would perhaps? stick to what I posted above just using a modifier and not use the Manger.

-

Modifier1.thumb.jpg.8aaffbb8279cc277e8398950a8600ec2.jpg

Modifier2.thumb.jpg.9d2619d67a7933980274379ac3bbcf04.jpg

Modifier3.thumb.jpg.d3df99eab3be87a0e3b0d3d6bf293f86.jpg

Modifier4.thumb.jpg.87eee13f135e634c14078604af0ffae1.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link