What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

http://students.autodesk.com

Of course if you started making stuff you want to sell then you would have to buy the software, but for learning this is probably your best bet.

Thanks for this. I really just would like to learn the program and hopefully contribute some WWII objects eventually. I'm thinking trucks, AA guns etc. I'll leave the more complex stuff like airplanes to those would have a stronger background in 3d modeling :-)

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm OK with a WWII aircraft. What I hope we see after Nevada is a period specific European map/structures/ground vehicles and for Legends to break out a German aircraft. I can deal with having it in pieces; I'm just hoping all we ever get isn't a punch of WWII aircraft with no maps/missions/enemies to fly them against. I certainly get that multiple teams can work on different things at the same time, so I hope this is where they are going anyway...

same..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

That is what I am attempting right now, some WWII German tanks.

I was thinking I'd start with a WWII jeep but after seeing this program I'm thinking I might want to start with something more simple... like a brick. :doh:

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll agree with the above. Seeing how polished the Mustang seems to be and how people enjoy it, I'm ok with it. Obviously, noone is forced to buy it. However, the WWII setting is a great opportunity and it would simply be foolish to waste it and leave untouched.

Here's an argument for you:

DCS goes core engine, all modules online compatible etc, the whole Battle Sim thing, or whatever it's called, it seems like ED is aiming for some major online battle scenarios with various aircraft and combined arms. Cool. Now in that environment the Mustang is out of place. Sure you can say it's still fun to dogfight P-51 vs P-51, but one of the coolest things about IL-2 1946 are Virtual Fronts where players recreate historical missions with dozens of squadrons doing their respective jobs (bomber cover, strategic bombing, interception) all on one server. In such an environment the Legends Planes would really shine.

I do understand that ED now has 3-4 projects going on (Mustang final, Nevada, Battle Sim thing, fastmover) and surely they have their hands full and a tight budget, but with those third party addons there is room to do something in this direction and judging by the people's reactions and opinions, as well as a WWII sim hungry market (IL-2 is a mess with modpack vs. modpack vs. official, CloD is DOA and Wing of Victory has no online) it's bound to be profitable.

All I'm hoping is that ED at least considers this. It's win-win situation: fans get what they've been waiting for so long and with DCS or even FC quality many people would switch to DCS and ED would grab a serious amount of cash.

Anyway, if costs are the issue... Kickstarter maybe?

I like the idea of Flying Legends. Not really all that interested, but the pony is pretty cool. And hey, if everyone else loves it why not? I may end up buying it yet.

But I have a question about the 109 and the 190 as well as the B-17 I saw elsewhere. I think I'm a little confused on this whole third party mods thing. Are we gonna see AI packs that we'd have to pay for?

I was under the impression that this would only be the case with flyable aircraft and maybe maps, all AI units would be availiable to everyone. That's what I got from the МиГ-21 thread at any rate. So are we going to have to pay for AI units, or is this sort of a "You agree to a contract, ED gives you the tools and everything you make is theirs to include in the game in some later patch" sort of thing?

If the author wants to charge, then yes, you will have to pay to get his content. Whether you deem his content worth what he charges is an entirely different story. Hooray for freedom of choice.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

as long as everyone can join each other without having to download third party mods its fine!

but if I need to buy the mig21 to join server A then this will destroy the franchise

plus! I just want the freaking F/A 18 or another carrier launched aircraft!

I can't wait to do some traps

The idea will be that each modules parts, required for Multiplayer, will form part of DCS World - for everybody.

However if you want to fly that module - you'll have to buy it.

Much the same way you can fly online with A-10 users, even if you don't own A-10.

Nate

The idea will be that each modules parts, required for Multiplayer, will form part of DCS World - for everybody.

Much the same way you can fly online with A-10 users, even if you don't own A-10.

Nate

Great! Thanks Nate, that was my question. You guys had me scared for a minute there! :megalol:

+1 for more WWII planes. ClOD is broken, at this pace it will take at least 12 or more months until they have something barely usable.

I bet they are already working on a plane to compete with the P-51D. The Bf-109 later version would be a good choice.

And the B-17 with all guns manned by players. Now that would be cool!

I think ED will be needing more employees.

You guys gonna' be as big as Disney?

Edited by ErichVon

Nate

That was what I wanted to hear. Thanks guys!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Just like RoF than.. I like that aproach! :thumbup:

One ring to rule them all... :)

For those worried that more mods will hamper multiplayer, I dont agree. Server operators will have a choice what to put in there missions. That is a good thing. Also, for example, If you own A10 but not BS2, you can still join a server that offers both to fly, You just cant fly BS2.

I think the core system, DCS World and 3rd party mods are brilliant.

Edited by Crunch

I voted against the P51D.

Can I edit my vote? :music_whistling:;)

(DCS P51D is great!)

Sorry, it's rather like a political bumper sticker a year after the election.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
I voted against the P51D before the open beta.

(DCS P51D is great!)

Make a new poll... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I voted against the P51D before the open beta.

(DCS P51D is great!)

LOL..I just might think some are sort of taking back their votes...to me its cool everyone is entitled to change their minds....its all good with me..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

interesting i find this.

i backtracked on my original opinion. but someone on server last night pointed out there are many upon principle that would never back track on anything related to their precious initiall opinion.

im glad iam dynamic and can get over myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL..I just might think some are sort of taking back their votes...to me its cool everyone is entitled to change their minds....its all good with me..:thumbup:

I forget what I voted.

Any F4U model, a tail-hook and a CV.

And WWII era music, lots of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm learning the Su-25 and 25T to FC2 as they have many more active servers on ALL the time, but I figure learn there, then transition back to DCS World. I have never done FC2. I downloaded and installed yesterday Crunch's CH profile for it. I can fire her up, takeoff, navigate and land. Cool how those drag chutes really drops the landing speed fast. This jet does not seem very stable except in a very narrow window of opportunity.

Edited by ErichVon

my passions are firmly rooted to the pacifc and everything that comes with it. ZERO ZERO ZERO !

carrier ops in DCS would be a very bad thing ! i wouldnt need to buy any other DCS products. and what better scenery than a realstic no scenery for performance ! hehehe you could have the most spectacular seascape instead. with some basic islands ofcourse.

I forget what I voted.

Any F4U model, a tail-hook and a CV.

And WWII era music, lots of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm learning the Su-25 and 25T to FC2 as they have many more active servers on ALL the time, but I figure learn there, then transition back to DCS World. I have never done FC2. I downloaded and installed yesterday Crunch's CH profile for it. I can fire her up, takeoff, navigate and land. Cool how those drag chutes really drops the landing speed fast. This jet does not seem very stable except in a very narrow window of opportunity.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...