WISH: next Flying Legends?

EaglePryde

What good does a small turn radius do when your oponent can engage and disengage at will? Besides, the mustang just isn't able to sustain the g-load a jet fighter does. If you try, you'll do one turn and then you are falling out of the sky.

I have played another sim where dog-fighting is a 24/7 always on server done by hundreds of guys daily, fighting in all classes of mostly WWII era planes. A P-51 and other faster prop planes, if done correctly, can easily kill the Me-262, done by sim pilots better than me. A couple good books out there are, Kylander's, "In Pursuit" for the sim prop planes and Shaw's book, "Fighter Combat" for the real jets, era. Just keep your -E- high and don't slow down too much.

I pull pretty hard G's in DCS in both aircraft. I have never encountered blackout or red-out like this other sim does. You can ride right on the edge of the tunnel vision. I may have it turned off in DCS, though, as learning the sim is more important than messing with the other stuff, I'll add that later, like random failures.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FW-190D !!!!

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

060223-F-1234P-001.jpg

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

I have played another sim where dog-fighting is a 24/7 always on server done by hundreds of guys daily, fighting in all classes of mostly WWII era planes. A P-51 and other faster prop planes, if done correctly, can easily kill the Me-262, done by sim pilots better than me. A couple good books out there are, Kylander's, "In Pursuit" for the sim prop planes and Shaw's book, "Fighter Combat" for the real jets, era. Just keep your -E- high and don't slow down too much.

I pull pretty hard G's in DCS in both aircraft. I have never encountered blackout or red-out like this other sim does. You can ride right on the edge of the tunnel vision. I may have it turned off in DCS, though, as learning the sim is more important than messing with the other stuff, I'll add that later, like random failures.

again, aces high is not a sim on the level of dcs. jets in this game will obliterate your p51 in 2 seconds like in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Another candidate for DCS World

Here's a lead that falls in line with a wishlist (hint hint ;))

picture.php?albumid=646&pictureid=4513

The link is http://www.white1foundation.org/index.htm

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but it seems to fit here ...

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Any plans for making the North American F86 Saber?

I am moving this to the general discussion area! :thumbup:MJ

Edit: Where is the DCS general discussion area? There seems to only be one for Lock On?

Edited by mjmorrow

Even if there was.. we wouldn't find out until it's too late :music_whistling: I think the majority of us here are too excited for the F-18 Super Hornet to pop up :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

You're assuming that the MiGs will ever come down to play. That being said, I wouldn't mind if ED wanted to make one of the F-86 versions on the side, while they continue work on a modern US jet fighter. It's one of my favorites, and represents the last of the aircraft truly meant to fight in the WVR arena. (The Crusader usually carried missiles, unreliable as they were, so it doesn't quite count).

- WH_Mouse

Get us P-51D pilots some targets and produce Me-109 and FW 190 please :D

(HJ)

Bump.

Taking off, landing, hitting modern ground targets, etc is fun but I definitely feel like there is something missing: bandits.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure, right after DCS fighter jet :)

I'll agree to that :) Although, there might be more buyers for WWII birds. The Il-2 crowd must be getting hungry at this point. I know I am.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

Pretty much the first three. Russian planes i don't give a .... about. I love airplanes that are practical and pretty. Not just practical like most russian aircraft are. By the way I kind of had it with russians in WW2. These days you get thrown to death with russia in WW2 games. When there is a WW2 game it's always russia thats one of the party's. Don't like it anymore.

I think, that if there will be some next DCS: Flying Legend, than it will be some aircraft from "The Fighter Collection" stable... I'm voting for Corsair :thumbup:

http://fighter-collection.com/cft/564-2/

fleet.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I think, that if there will be some next DCS: Flying Legend, than it will be some aircraft from "The Fighter Collection" stable... I'm voting for Corsair :thumbup:

A Corsair would be wonderful to have... and a PTO carrier to land her on :pilotfly:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"